aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

This is Man Utd we're talking about, the game will be close to a sell out, even with their poor form.

Again tho, this isnt new, there wasnt a single picture put up last season having a moan, as the team was doing very well and everyone wanted to go along to the games, now with them doing badly, people dont want to go back and watch a losing team, but they are now annoyed that unless they go to a game they now dont think they can win, they will miss the chance to scream and shout at the Man City fans. 

If there was such a high demand that the game would sell out, the club wouldn't have to force people into buying tickets. New or not, it's a shitty thing to do. As said before, clubs are arseholes.

They're likely implementing a scheme like this to make more money. If people with season tickets don't buy tickets to the cup games they're still going to sell out a champions league tie and there'll be extra bonus tickets for them to sell for the next league game.

MONEY!

I miss Del. He's good. This thread is pretty good, as far as internet-based football things go. There are no Huns, no deluded dipshits, no Football Manager/Twitter scouts with EXPERT KNOWLEDGE on every player ever, good funny pictures (the cornerstone of the internet), that Eupraxia (sp?) mannie and his sporadic bursts of outstanding posts, and even the fans of bigger English clubs never give anything less than a balanced opinion.

Basically, this thread is nice. Let's all have a hug.

Football's authorities are tackling the big issues that really ruin our game.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/01/footballers-banned-from-shirt-messages-world-cup

As removing the shirt is already a bookable offence could a player now potentially be given two yellow cards and sent off for removing their team shirt and revealing a message underneath?

Would Iniesta have been sent off at the end of the world cup final for his message about Dani Jarque? It's just ridiculous and pointless, stopping something that bothered no one. Players aren't running around with vile racist slogans on their vests, they write messages for family and friends, what could possibly be wrong with that?

There are obviously alot of very nice messages which footballers reveal under their shirts, but there's also the ones which express religious views. "I love Allah" and "I belong to Jesus". Whilst they're not offensive, they do represent very strong personal views. It seems a bit daft to stamp it out as if it's a huge problem, but I can understand why the governing bodies would want to detach the sport from strong religious views, considering the ludicrous issues religion can spur. 

It's a bit strange to start clamping down on it, out of the blue it would seem. I could understand it if there was a recent flux of players expressing messages like "FUCK ALL Y'ALL!" as they wheel away celebrating their goal, but there hasn't.

I've read back a little on this thread and, one post aside, I always enjoyed reading Del's contributions. Hopefully he'll return to contribute and keep us up to date with Cambridge United's toils.

On the shirt legislation thing, I do agree that it's a touch ridiculous that authorities are beginning to clamp down on messages. It's perfectly okay to have ethically questionable capitalistic organisations plastered all over shirts and their stadiums, but it's not okay for a professional footballer to display a message that tributes one of the key inspirational factors in their life like their faith, a significant other, an offspring, a family member, or a close friend. Such censoring is not the most pristine message for football to be delivering.

If someone reveals something which may be overtly and provocatively divisive, then take that case and assess it individually and punish accordingly, but censoring footballers entirely is a bit rum and needless.