aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I know what the rules say, and i fully understand Lennon might be a bit bitter, all my point was, you see them given, if they are given incorrectly then so be it, but they are still given, and if they are given once, and then not the next time, people tend to get frustrated. I havent said it certainly was a pen, all im saying is if its not a pen last night, it should never be a pen, and we would hopefully avoid these things being an issue. 

Then you can understand why Celtic are annoyed it was not given. If its a pen once it should be a pen every time. Consistency is what everyone wants. 

You've missed the point.

Consistency, yes, very good. But it has to be consistent with the rules not against them.  Why the hell would you want everything to be consistent in line with bad decisions? It's the ones like last night that you've "seen them given" that we should be arguing to wipe out and questioning why they're not consistent with the referee's correct interpretation from yesterday.

We should start with a proper education campaign for management, players and fucking football pundits on the handball law. None of them seem to be aware that there has to be intent. If there wasn't this ridiculous squealing every time a penalty was correctly not awarded then there would be less pressure on ref's to award for any contact with the hand or arm.

This is the new Scotland away kit...

Scotland-2014-Away-Kit-252x300.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/26/scotlands-new-away-kit-beckham-glory-days

The hotpink piping around the neckline is especially daring (fashion speak for bizarre and therefore amazing) and the gap between the pink and first yellow stripe is just at nipple height, amping up the camp element to the look.

Edited by Mr Owl PhD

I had a look at my united emails to see any obvious fakery. Only thing that looks different is the * beside the telephone number is normally one line below and not next to the actual number.

Also though, I looked at my terms and conditions and they can suspend your season ticket if you don't buy cup tickets.

Edited by HeinzHines

It's genuine.

It's the sole reason why a number of match-going fans would prefer to remain in 7th place, just incase any higher will get them into the Europa League. Nobody wants to go to those 5pm Europa League games. Or probably any Europa League game in general.

And to think that was issued less than 24 hours after the pathetic performance last night. Not the most tactful way to lift the supporters.

I've never been a season ticket holder at Aberdeen. Is suspending a ticket if you don't go to extra games normal behaviour or is it just Man Utd that do it?

No, that system isn't implemented at Aberdeen. They used to do an auto cup scheme where you could opt in and buy you're cup game tickets automatically in your ST seat. They may still do that, I'm not sure.

It's fairly standard for clubs who have cup schemes attached to season tickets, which most clubs who are in or around the Champions League places will have. Liverpool are the same. Buy your cup ticket or you lose your entitlement to go to the following league game. City's cup scheme is also mandatory, though I don't know the implications of not going to cup games.

I remember being told by a Leeds fan, back when they were in Europe, that if they didn't attend that CL semi final, they lost their season ticket for the remaining league games.

Basically, football clubs are all arseholes.

Well to be fair, you wont be finding this kinda thing after you have bought a season ticket, its part of the contract you enter into when you buy one. So you will know this is the deal upfront, choose to buy a season ticket and you have to buy tickets for the cup games, but remember United offer a scheme where if your not going you can allow someone else to use your season ticket for a game, there is a site set up for people to put their tickets up i think. 

Yeah - you know the deal up front, but if you're a mad Man United fan and want to go to all the home league games and most of the cup games, you have to buy a season ticket surely.  It's either that or rely on being able to pick up a ticket each week and at a much higher cost over the course of the season.  What that actually means is you're effectively buying a season ticket and committing to buy on top of that a ticket for each cup game.

You can exchange and all that jazz, but that's not actually anything to do with these cup tickets is it?  That's if you can't go to a particular match that is covered by your season ticket, you can allow someone else to use your seat (and I assume you get some cash back).  For someone else to use your seat for this cup match, you would have to buy the ticket and sell the ticket to them (I assume).  There can't be an enormous demand to go along to the Olympiakos match can there?