aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

It was a jounalist.

"[Fellaini] looks like an out-of-control dog," I thought. But what dog?

For some reason an Afghan hound came to mind. No idea why, it just did. This image nagged since, to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what an Afghan hound really looks like. It just sounded quite good.

In the diligent pursuit of accuracy I used a well known search engine to check photographs of an Afghan hound. My instincts were right. Fellaini bore no resemblance. So then, what dog? Ah, there it is. A poodle. Fellaini, with that bushy head, resembled a poodle on steroids. An overgrown poodle. That's it. That will do.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10739481/Revealed-It-was-me-who-was-caught-looking-at-dogs-rather-than-the-football-at-Old-Trafford...-and-heres-why.html

Edited by Skacel

Another Hillsborough minute silence today. Wtf?! Every fucking week theres something.

Really? I think that there have been the appropriate amount of memorials to what happened, especially when you factor in the police cover up, media portrayal of the disaster and the government's attitude to the tragedy then and now.

• Upvote 2

THere must be something im missing because to me it seems like the message gets dampened more and more every time theres yet another minute silence. Nothing else gets as much coverage (presumably because hillsborough gets piggybacked by politics every time it comes up). How about we talk about the 900 world cup workers or the countless other similar disasters? It may sound insensitive and I really dont mean to trivialize the loss of life but I cant be alone in thinking there must be another way to memorialize or pay tribute to the disaster. the lasst few seasons in particular it seems like theres something every week. I dont recall that being the case closer to the event and cant help thinking theres something 'impure' about the intentions.

• Upvote 1

THere must be something im missing because to me it seems like the message gets dampened more and more every time theres yet another minute silence. Nothing else gets as much coverage (presumably because hillsborough gets piggybacked by politics every time it comes up). How about we talk about the 900 world cup workers or the countless other similar disasters? It may sound insensitive and I really dont mean to trivialize the loss of life but I cant be alone in thinking there must be another way to memorialize or pay tribute to the disaster. the lasst few seasons in particular it seems like theres something every week. I dont recall that being the case closer to the event and cant help thinking theres something 'impure' about the intentions.

I agree with you and I don't think it's limited to Hillsborough and football. It seems that when some events reach a certain level of public consciousness it becomes necessary for people to show everyone else that they care as much as possible. And if you don't do the same it must mean that you don't care.

I Remembrance Sunday is another example. There's a set time for the whole nation to observe a two minute silence and that can be a very poignant moment.I don't think anything is added at all by every football match observing another minutes silence. Last year there were some minute silences at games over a week before Remembrance Sunday because it was the closest match that club had to the day. To me it just came across as fake and tacky. 

What a game of football.

Think City can feel a little aggrieved. Stone wall pen denied and Suarez should have gone at around 60 minutes. Three dives in quick succession but ref bottled it at Anfield and all.

Hard to not enjoy Liverplol at the moment though. Such exciting attacking stuff.

Skrtls punch clearance at the end. He was lucky that was missed but he's a walking penalty at crosses anyway. Just wrestles his man at corners/free kicks.

Skrtel constantly wrestles his marker, in both penalty areas, in every game. Always get away with it. Suarez could have gone in the first half. Committed 2 fouls after he got booked, then the dive, which Clattenburg let him off with, but he still had the gall to give the referee a mouthful. Liverpool have had the rub of the green with decisions this season. City should have had two penalties.

I didn't really know who I wanted to win. Choosing between City or Liverpool to win the league is like asking which foot to shoot. I'd rather Chelsea won it, if anyone. But they won't. They'll probably put all their eggs in the Champions League basket, and still win nothing.

I was getting nervous this week at how everyone just assumed that we would be in the final, even though, other than the Hibs game, I thought we'd been looking pretty ropey since the League Cup final. Complacency is the worst. Still lovely to see them doing so well, though. I hope they manage to hang onto second place. Good boys. In conclusion, Russell Anderson.

Edited by kirsten

St Johnstone turned up in the second half and put Aberdeen to shame. I wouldn't necessarily say Aberdeen played rubbish, they just didn't turn it on to finish Saints. Winning a League Cup is great but in the grand scheme of things, the Scottish Cup is the one. :(

I think our season is a further stand-out given where we have been of recent years. I think it's against all Dons fans' expectations that we would seriously be challenging for both cups and having such a strong showing in the league in McInnes' first full season.

It's finally exciting to be an Aberdeen fan again, and for all the 'deluded fans' expectation' chat perpetuated by the media all we really want is to consistently challenge clubs around us. No Aberdeen fan I know has delusions of winning the league or 'reliving the 80s' or any bullshit like that.

The 'cup duck' is a big thing. Here's to many more.

• Upvote 3

I think our season is a further stand-out given where we have been of recent years. I think it's against all Dons fans' expectations that we would seriously be challenging for both cups and having such a strong showing in the league in McInnes' first full season.

It's finally exciting to be an Aberdeen fan again, and for all the 'deluded fans' expectation' chat perpetuated by the media all we really want is to consistently challenge clubs around us. No Aberdeen fan I know has delusions of winning the league or 'reliving the 80s' or any bullshit like that.

The 'cup duck' is a big thing. Here's to many more.

Would completely agree with that.

It's hard to be too upset with yesterday's result given the season we've had and the fact that in 130 years St Johnstone have never made the Scottish Cup final and have never won a national trophy (bar the Challenge Cup in 2007).  So well done to them and I hope they make a good go of it in the final.