aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I've been really surprised by how badly Moyes has gone about things. The 'left with a bad squad' argument is perhaps a little valid, the poor tactics you can argue he still needs time and the rumours of dressing room unrest are just rumours but one thing that isn't subject to tabloid rumour or heresay, and something that he has full control of is his post-match interviews and he's been utter ding. Did not expect his shirking of responsibility and all-round bad juju. As much as I'm against the hair-triggered sacking culture in football, the list of reasons to keep him have been dwindling week by week.

Van Gaal looks like the forerunner. There's been speculation from the Netherlands regarding it for a few weeks. He's certainly got winning pedigree. He's won the title at every club he's been at, and won both European cups.

Klopp and Simeone are probably unrealistic, so Van Gaal is probably a grand option in the short term. He's a bit mental, and usually ends up falling out with everyone and leaving in a flaming wreckage. Sounds mint.

I really wanted Moyes to succeed as well but I think it's probably the right time for him to go. They haven't been making any progress and seem to be going backwards. It was a bold appointment and I applaud Man U for giving an unproven manager such a big opportunity but it looks like a failed experiment. The fans will demand a big name now and if they can get someone in with plenty time to sign players and bed them in over the summer they'll come back fighting next season. I don't know where next for Moyes though, his reputation has taken a serious battering, especially paired with how well Everton have done under Martinez.

Moyes needs to save his reputation. He needs to get himself a Pulis job. Pull a supposed no-hoper from the brink of relegation, and steer them safely into mid-table with games to spare, whilst giving some of the big boys a tonking on the way. Then he'll be back.

He looks to have aged about 10 years since June. He probably needs a bit of a break.