aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Copa del rey was a good watch last night.

Bale didn't have the greatest game overall but he still played well and showed up when he was most needed.  Great winner.

He was almost playing as a second center forward at times.  Pleased for him doing well in Spain.

Everton was a bit of a laugh last night.  Good job the media already has them sewn up 4th. Only Man U/Southampton/Citeh next.

Easy.

If it makes you feel better, I think that result probably helps Chelsea as much as Liverpool because it now means they will definitely win the league if they win all their games (City could have still pipped them before tonight).   City really have problems against Sunderland.

It does go in Chelsea's favour, but I don't believe Chelsea have what it takes to win it. I think City still had a chance with that game in hand, but I think they've pissed it away now.

I predict Chelsea will draw at Anfield, and the season will fade out with the top 4 remaining as it is.

Back to the premier league for a minute.

Is Pellegrini safe if they don't win the league?  A season with only the Carling Cup and last 16 champions league with that squad?

Mancini didn't do much worse did he?

They spent a reasonable amount in summer... 30 mill Fernandinho, 20 mill Negredo, 18(?) mill Navas? Demechelis (did he cost money?)

I think he's safe. There isnt the instability and egotism there was under mancini. The players seem to play for pellers rather than themselves and he seems well liked. I dont think the sheiks are as daft as most rich owners and they'll see theyve got a good thing going despite a disappointing season. If they shore up the defence a bit, they'll be favourites next year for the league and theyll fancy their chances with a second outing under the same manager in the champs league

I think he's safe. There isnt the instability and egotism there was under mancini. The players seem to play for pellers rather than themselves and he seems well liked. I dont think the sheiks are as daft as most rich owners and they'll see theyve got a good thing going despite a disappointing season. If they shore up the defence a bit, they'll be favourites next year for the league and theyll fancy their chances with a second outing under the same manager in the champs league

The problem with that post is that there's far too much common sense in it.

This is the crazy EPL.  I would be surprised but not all together shocked into submission if Liverpool win the league and Rodgers got the dunt in favour of a BIG NAME manager to go off and win the Champions League.

I know I'm being silly and that won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if City finish third and Pellegrini gets the dunt.

As soon as you said "Pellers", I read the rest of your post in Joe Coles voice.

You're right though. Pellers does seem to have a bit more control of the squad. More so than Mancsy, who's final season was a bit of a bust, but I think he was sacked for more than just that. He lost control. If he'd have lost the title in 2012, when it looked they just might, I think he would have walked then. Winning the league delayed his fate, I reckon.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/17/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-title-chances-roy-evans-ian-rush

"Liverpool have always been very humble winners. We have been good winners. It is difficult being a good winner, but we did that during the successful period and this year I am sure they will do the same thing. They don't go shouting their mouths off."

CHELSEA FOR THE TITLE.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/17/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-title-chances-roy-evans-ian-rush

"Liverpool have always been very humble winners. We have been good winners. It is difficult being a good winner, but we did that during the successful period and this year I am sure they will do the same thing. They don't go shouting their mouths off."

CHELSEA FOR THE TITLE.

Ex Liverpool player with no understanding of the real world shocker!