aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I think it's Van Gaal too.

Klopp came out last week and told Dortmund fans he wasn't going to Barca doubt he'd change that for United.

Pep isn't leaving yet.

De Boer is doing well if you consider winning things as Ajax doing well... had pretty poor champions league appearances.  I know they don't have the budget or players they used to but still.

It'll be an experienced manager for United I think.  No more risks they cant miss Champions League two years in a row or they risk a Liverpool type slump and that will affect player transfers.

Getting sacked? Really? I cant see that happening.

Simone was touted, but he apparently doesnt speak any english, and he is not a huge favourite on the United fans list, i doubt he would jump ship right now either

What about Conte at Juve? Italian football is hardly the pinnacle right now, might be an option. 

Most French football experts seem to agree there's no way PSG will keep Blanc for next season. Conte has shown himself to be much more capable but language might be an issue.

Any reason for him getting the dunt? He has just won the cup and looking good for the league arent they?

Champions League failure would be the main reason I guess. I think there's a perception they've actually gone backwards since last year in their aim to win the tournament. I just did a quick google search and found out that their president came out in support of Blanc last week following lots of rumours of his sacking. Time will tell whether that was genuine or the cliched vote of confidence before a firing. Winning the league will never be enough for PSG, not now they've made the playing field so uneven. 

Champions League failure would be the main reason I guess. I think there's a perception they've actually gone backwards since last year in their aim to win the tournament. I just did a quick google search and found out that their president came out in support of Blanc last week following lots of rumours of his sacking. Time will tell whether that was genuine or the cliched vote of confidence before a firing. Winning the league will never be enough for PSG, not now they've made the playing field so uneven. 

I guess they probably expected at least a final, still as City have shown, its nae easy, infact PSG are probably ahead of the City project in terms of European football anyway. 

Some crazy United fans on the sports interactive forums genuinely believe that Jose will take the job, as he only took the Chelsea job so he could be back in English football and put himself in the frame for the United job. 

I'd come out and say there is no chance at all of that happening, but i also said there was no way Moyes would be sacked within a season, now im just not sure of myself anymore. 

Rodgers is an interesting comparison with Moyes. His first season at a really big club wasn't a huge success but there was enough of a positive feeling about the way he handled himself and his team played that the board and fans had no doubt he was worthy of more time. I know he and Moyes took over their jobs in very different circumstances but I will always believe that Moyes' manner, the language he used in interviews and the way he set his team out were as big as factors as the poor results in costing him his job.

• Upvote 1

It would take a lot to get Conte to leave Juve, a club he captained for much of his career. Imagine he'll want to do great things with them before he leaves and not just win a couple of league titles.

Plus he doesn't have an entirely clean record when it comes to the stain of Italian football corruption so would that work against him?

Really I just want him to stay in Turin.

I guess they probably expected at least a final, still as City have shown, its nae easy, infact PSG are probably ahead of the City project in terms of European football anyway. 

I would imagine that Champions League success might be even more important to the PSG owners than City as it's more important to their global brand and financial income. The premiership is so widely watched that competing for the top places generates a huge amount of interest and income all around the world. PSG won't sell the number of shirts they want or receive the big sponsorship offers just from being the best in France, they need to be seen as competing with Bayern and Real Madrid. Losing in that very meek manner in the second leg against Chelsea will be costly for Blanc I think.

It is interesting that there are a lot of coaches that people think would be right in a couple of years time but not now. Martinez to Arsenal sounds like a great fit but surely he wont move after only one year at Everton.

I hope not - it would be great to see Martinez turn Everton into a force.  It seems inconceivable that Everton could challenge for the title, but being up there challenging for the CL places every season would be a great start.  I'd hate to see Martinez shift to a club like Arsenal and fail to win the title and then damage his reputation.  Out of the "top clubs" Arsenal certainly seem like the most forgiving of short-term "failure" given their lack of silverware under Wenger, but you can't help but fear that post Wenger they may turn into raving idiots like City, Chelsea, etc. (I hope United don't fall under that category after the sacking of Moyes in just 10 months).

I'd like to see Rodgers stick around at Liverpool for many seasons to come and keep them challenging for the title and I'd like to see Martinez stick around and keep Everton up there for a good few seasons too.  Martinez to United or Arsenal in a few years time would be pretty good, but if he could somehow turn Everton into a team capable of challenging for the title, in the same way as Rodgers has turned Liverpool into a team capable of winning the title, that would be far better in my view.  Just not sure if Everton are capable of that - but if you'd asked me at the start of this season if Liverpool were capable of it, I'd have told you to give your head a shake.

Short version of the above - the more teams capable of challenging for the title the better.  Martinez to stay!