aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

The last few days I've felt like the only result I could see is a Liverpool win but now that makes me think Chelsea will do it, to surprise me. It'll be interesting to see if Chelsea do rest a load of players. If they rest the guys who played in midweek (which seemed like all defenders) they might put out an attacking game and give us that keegan scoreline.

I'm really excited for Liverpool vs. Chelsea this weekend like. Really hope Liverpool properly Keeganize them. 5-4 or something daft like that. GOALS.

Don't get your hopes up. After seeing Chelsea's Rangersesque anti football display midweek, I would expect more of the same.

It's hard to ever get excited about a Chelsea game but they have shown that they can really go for it and attack teams when they think it's the best option. The Arsenal thrashing was a good example. There's not doubt that Liverpool can be shaky at the back so I'm hoping Jose will put more hope in exploiting that rather than containing their huge attacking threat. That is probably just wishful thinking. 

I dont have a huge interest in English football outwith United, who's season is over. Liverpool are going to win the league, not unless they completely fall apart, Chelsea are likely to play a reserve team against them, so in essence its over. Outwith that, i dont see whats exciting.

Aberdeen have 4 HUGE games to come, thats the real excitement. 

Lets be real here if Chelsea play a "reserve team" it's still going to be pretty good.

Fat Frank, Matic and Salah all may as well play as they are cup tied/banned from the next semi.  Ba will probably start as the striker option are 6 and two 3s anyway.  One of Willian or Oscar will start.  

Chelsea have plenty of players to rest some and still win this game and then the pressure is really back on.

Exactly Chelsea will play a very good side, Jose is just talking shite. Liverpool are in the driving seat but it's definitely not over. European places still have to be decided and the relegation battle is so tight. 

Aberdeen's season more or less ended with that semi final loss for me. I'm struggling to get excited about the fight for second. I think we'll get it without playing particularly well.

Well we have to beat St Johnstone who are really on a high, so we wont get away with playing poorly. We have to go to Celtic park, which is never easy, we have to go to United which again is a very tough game, and then the home game against Motherwell which could prove to be one of the most important games of the season. Its mental you would think its over just over a semi final loss. 

I'm just finding it hard to get overly excited about the battle for second place. It definitely feels like a come down after going for a cup double. Anyway as I said I think we'll get second even if we're not great over the remaining games I think we need 5 points from the last four games to get third. 4 would probably be enough if we don't lose to Motherwell. 

You're going to ignore the ending to the best premiership season in years?

Is it going to be considered better than 11-12? This one is being called the closest title race in years, but it isn't really. It just involves 3 teams instead of 2. City and United finished on the same amount of points, and it was won with the absolute last kick of the game. City bottled it and handed it United in February, and then United bottled it, handing it back. As utterly horrible as it was, I think that will be considered the best season climax for a long, long time.

I dont have a huge interest in English football outwith United, who's season is over.

I always thought Arsenal were your English team, for some reason. I don't know what I was basing that on.

This is completely off topic but I've just noticed you have only 523 posts. How is that possible? You seem to post as much as me on here and I just went over 10k.

He deleted his account and started from scratch when he returned.

This is completely off topic but I've just noticed you have only 523 posts. How is that possible? You seem to post as much as me on here and I just went over 10k.

I resigned from Ab-Music for a while so my profile is pretty new.

I don't post that much - I have flurries then don't post for a while. More than I should though.

EPL is exciting this year - it looked like it was going to be really tight between 3 teams but City and Chelsea fucked up last week. It could still go to any of them if Chelsea beat Liverpool. 4th place is still up for grabs though it looks less and less likely that Arsenal won't get it.

Aberdeen's climax is still really exciting too for all the reasons in Milner's post. I think 2nd may well be wrapped up before the bit finale with Motherwell which will just make the last game of the season a big party. Maybe...

Is it going to be considered better than 11-12? This one is being called the closest title race in years, but it isn't really. It just involves 3 teams instead of 2. City and United finished on the same amount of points, and it was won with the absolute last kick of the game. City bottled it and handed it United in February, and then United bottled it, handing it back. As utterly horrible as it was, I think that will be considered the best season climax for a long, long time.

That will be remembered as the best climax of course but this will be remembered as a better season and title race over all I think. It's really been between 4 teams not 3. At christmas Arsenal were leading and Liverpool weren't even considered in it making it pretty much unique as far as premiership seasons go if Liverpool do win it.