aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Holy shit.  He totally practises that in front of the mirror every day and has done since, since whenever he did it officially.

It's a bit like a few years ago, Ant n Dec were put on the spot to sing/dance along to Let's Get Ready to Rumble.  Ant looked like a guy learning the dance for the first time, but Dec knew every fucking move.

Holy shit. He totally practises that in front of the mirror every day and has done since, since whenever he did it officially.

It's a bit like a few years ago, Ant n Dec were put on the spot to sing/dance along to Let's Get Ready to Rumble. Ant looked like a guy learning the dance for the first time, but Dec knew every fucking move.

Put on the spot my hole. Those two cunts break into that shit every fucking chance they get.

If Ancelotti wins the champions league with Real will that make him more or less likely to take the Man Utd job next year?

Aside from being a hugely respected and stern manager with tried and tested methods, what makes Van Gaal suited to the job? He hasn't won anything for a while, never worked in England, do his tactics suit the club? I'm not 100% sure why he's touted as the favorite. Just because he's available?

So many questions. I love a good managerial rumour mill.

I don't think Real Madrid will sack Carlo after just one year, nor do I think he will want to leave just yet. Even if he ends the season with just the Copa Del Rey, I think he's got at least one more season there

Who are more attractive prospects than Ancelotti for Madrid in the pool of elite managers anyway? Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho. One of those has already left the club on not-so-great terms. One is a Barca man. The other has ruled him out of other top jobs. I can't see who they could get that is better, so it would be an odd decision for Real to be on the market for another manager.

There was talk of United doing a deal with Van Gaal weeks ago, so it could all just be falling into place.

I realized this morning that I get proper jealous when other teams sack their manager now.  :down:

I'd love to see Ancelotti or Van Gaal take the job. Van Gaal is such a glorious shithead. I remember when we played his AZ Alkmaar in the UEFA Cup, and they beat us 2-0 in the second leg to go through. He was actually celebrating right in Glenn Roeder's face -- properly jumping around in front of him, waving his tactics board around. GLENN ROEDER, for Christ's sake! It was a bit like that YouTube video with Michael Owen celebrating scoring against some ginger kid, except without Neville Southall to lay the smackdown. 

I don't think Ancelotti would get sacked regardless of what the season's outcomes are. Real play solid, exciting football under him and he seems pretty well liked without being mouthy like Mourinho. I could only see him leaving for another job. Otherwise I can see him leading Real to success for another few years. 

Blanc would be a step down surely. He had a fantastic 1st season at Bordeaux but Ligue 1 was particularly weak that year. His success was as much down to Yoan Gourcuff's smouldering good looks and Chamakh's heading ability as it was his managerial style. Since then he hasn't done much aside from mishandling a moody but  talented French national team.

Moyes to take over at Aston Villa at the end of the season is my early prediction.

If Ancelotti wins the champions league with Real will that make him more or less likely to take the Man Utd job next year?

Aside from being a hugely respected and stern manager with tried and tested methods, what makes Van Gaal suited to the job? He hasn't won anything for a while, never worked in England, do his tactics suit the club? I'm not 100% sure why he's touted as the favorite. Just because he's available?

So many questions. I love a good managerial rumour mill.

I think this is as big as factor as any, as discussed before pretty much any other person linked with them appears unavailable in one way or another. Plus they just seem to want someone who knows how to coach big players with big egos at a big club. In that sense I think he is a great choice. I have my reservations about him being the right choice for them due to the fact that he tends to cause quite a bit of mayhem wherever he goes. I would like to see it though.

It would be very odd for Anceloti to lose his job in the summer, but its Real, they have sacked coaches for for less before, but they would have the same issue as United, who would replace him? I think Van Gaal is the only option to United right now. I've read the master plan is for him to come in and guide Giggs, Scholes, Butt and Neville into being a new managment team, with them running training and Van Gaal overseeing everything, but that seems unlikely. Id imagine they will get Van Gaal and wait for Pep to eventually either be hounded out of Bayern, or for his cycle with them to come to an end. Its strange that Bayern have done so well, and yet there are people saying he is not the man for the job....

Ancelloti's position is probably a lot more secure than it was a few weeks ago. Winning the copa del rey and getting further than Barca in the Champions League than Barca will please the board a lot but still they have let managers go after winning the Champions League so it's not impossible he's leave if they fail to win either of the big two. 

It would obviously be a stupid move. Barca are going through a bit of turmoil and Atletico could well lose a couple of big players and struggle to be so consistent again next season. The last thing Madrid need to do is rock the boat on purpose.

I didn't see the game last night - was it any good?  The report I heard said that Bayern were probably the better team but Real had more of the chances and could well have increased their lead.

Should make for an interesting second leg, but could be a defensive bore-fest.  It's good that Bayern need to go and chase the game.  Chelsea v Atletico will likely be a cagey affair.

Predictions for the final?

I predicted Atletico v Bayern but it looks more likely to be the exact opposite now.  Chelsea v Real.  If that happens, I will only be happy with a 5-0 Real victory and if I see the tears of John Terry on live TV.