aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

<1000 seriously? For a Scottish Cup semi final that would be pathetic, completely embarrassing. Any idea how many the dons have sold?

Was at 12,000 last time i heard anything. Id imagine we will sell 15,000, maybe push 20,000 at most for the game. There isnt the same buzz over this as there was the league cup. 

St Johnstone have never been a club to take a lot of fans anywhere, but under 1000 would be extremely poor. Id imagine they will sell around 5000 at the most, so yeah, Ibrox is going to be pretty bare for the game. Strange venue to have it in for two clubs who together would not sell it out no matter what. 

Deciding the venues for the semi finals well in advance was always a stupid plan. Both semi finals give different examples of why it would have been better to wait.

Stupid and The SFA seem to go hand in hand sadly. Its crazy to think one semi final will be in a half empty stadium and the other at the home ground of one of the teams playing. There is no reason both games had to be in 50,000 stadiums, even the Rangers game its stupid because Rangers wont be given half the stadium as an allocation and United wont sell more than 10,000 tickets for it, so again, we are going to be watching the game in a stadium that has a lot of empty seats.

The only thing you can say i guess is they dont have many options. Couldnt be Pittodrie for the same reason it shouldnt be Ibrox. Easter Road i guess would have been the only other option and it just hosted the Ramsdens cup final. Tannadice is a hole anyway taking away the fact United are in the semi's. Rugy Park, McDermid Park and Fir Park are also small and not very nice. Inverness is miles away, as it Ross County and no one really wants to go into Partick unless they really have too. 

What happens with the gate receipt for these semi-finals?

I know (or at least think) that in the previous rounds, it's split 50/50 (?) between the clubs playing, regardless of who's at home.  Rangers will obviously be recompensed in some form for hosting the semi-finals though, which is a shame.

Deciding the venues for the semi finals well in advance was always a stupid plan. Both semi finals give different examples of why it would have been better to wait.

It's not stupid, it's corrupt. They want you to think its stupid but the real reason is so they can give their beloved rangers extra cash for using Ibroke. They could have easily changed the venue but they refused because it was too short notice. What a load of shite.

Was at 12,000 last time i heard anything. Id imagine we will sell 15,000, maybe push 20,000 at most for the game. There isnt the same buzz over this as there was the league cup. 

St Johnstone have never been a club to take a lot of fans anywhere, but under 1000 would be extremely poor. Id imagine they will sell around 5000 at the most, so yeah, Ibrox is going to be pretty bare for the game. Strange venue to have it in for two clubs who together would not sell it out no matter what. 

That being said, Aberdeen sold the same amount for the League Cup Semi did they not?

Just watched the highlights of the Dons game.  Cracking goals from McGinn!  It's always difficult to judge a performance based on a highlights reel but the Dons looked good - carving them open a few times (Hibs looked shite as well).  Robson's pass for the Rooney shot off the post was indeed wanktastic.

Seen this?

• Upvote 2

Dortmund really should have taken that match to extra time at least. They had some great chances.

Sounds like PSG didn't really turn up tonight. I'd like to see Chelsea and Madrid draw each other in the semis.

PSG were poor. Chelsea should have hammered them. Chelsea hit the bar twice. PSG rarely threatened. They've rushed Cavani back from injury. He doesn't look right. Usually he never stops running, but he was playing at Berbatov pace. Lavezzi is still the greatest

I don't really know why, but I wanted Chelsea to win.

Atletico are winning, but this isn't the season to be betting on United. They look defensively sound, but I can't see them scoring. They're just hoofing it to no one. It would take a Dante or Boateng howler the back to get at them I think, which isn't entirely impossible.