aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Gareth Bale will leave before the window meaning AVB will struggle to attract decent players because they want to play with Bale, not play for Spurs.  Even that Saldado guy the other day was a bit concerned that he wouldn't be getting to play with Bale, and he hadn't even signed for them.

Gareth Bale will leave before the window meaning AVB will struggle to attract decent players because they want to play with Bale, not play for Spurs.  Even that Saldado guy the other day was a bit concerned that he wouldn't be getting to play with Bale, and he hadn't even signed for them.

Even though they've got 100 mill to play with?

Decent start for the Dons! :) Forfar progressing, too. All's well....hopefully Ross County can get a result.

Great atmosphere at Pittodrie! Willo Flood was absolutely solid. Could be our best player for a good while but early days yet. Had to applaud Kris Boyd's 'Subo' celebration. Banter with players is always the best.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8853161/Transfer-news-Clint-Dempsey-on-way-to-America-as-Spurs-agree-fee-with-MLS

Dempsey is signing for Major League Soccer. What's that all about then? Do the league buy him and give him to a team?

I think that's how it works actually. Marquee signings are made by the league and the teams get like a draft or some shit, like in the NBA. American sports are weird. Then there's that weird franchise system. Like, hey we're the Houston Oilers. Oh no wait, now we're the Tennessee Titans. LA Raiders > Oakland Raiders, LA Rams > St Louis Rams. Seattle Supersonics > Oklahoma Thunders. Etc.

Pittodrie was rocking on Saturday. Part of me hoped that my usual pre-season optimism would be dashed early so I could just live my life without the depressing interruption of Scottish Fitba but after thumping Killie 2-1 I'm all about the Dons again.It's even brought me back to Aberdeen-Music. I guess I'll shelve my novel for another year.

I think the decision to close the top tier of the Dick Donald really helped with the atmosphere. I don't know if this is a knock on effect but I bought a ticket in advance (as advised by AFC website) for the South Stand, got to Pittodrie at 14:50 and then queued for >20 minutes just to pick it up. SORT IT OOT AIBERDEEN! But generally, the team is looking good and hopefully all those fans will come back regularly.

• Upvote 3

Aye todders was rocking on sat, with the top tier closed on the RDS it jammed everyone closer together, if we can keep that kinda backing up then we should do well. New guys looked good, although no Wylde even off the bench which i thought was strange. Anderson looked a rock, as did Flood and that Zola boy looked handy.

CMYR's!!

I see that Walter Smith has resigned as chairman of Sevco. It really is the football club that keeps giving us the lols.

See Ally McCoist's interview yesterday? Damning stuff!

Rangers boss Ally McCoist launched an astonishing verbal attack on the club's former chief executive Charles Green in the wake of their exit from the Scottish League Cup.

Green is set to return to Ibrox on a consultancy basis and warned McCoist he had to win a trophy on top of the Scottish League One title in an article printed on Saturday morning.

Hours later one of those cup chances was over thanks to a pair of goals from Gavin Swankie at Station Park, after which McCoist was not in a mood to mince words.

Asked what he thought of Green's comments, he said: "I was appalled by them to be quite honest with you.

"The self-acclaimed straight-talking Yorkshireman has again let himself down.

"His contempt and total lack of respect for my players, for our football club, for our support and Scottish football in general is appalling - and he is an embarrassment.

"If it was a threat then the self-acclaimed straight-talking Yorkshireman should know that boys from the West of Scotland don't scare easily.

"If he does come back, I'll certainly go and pick him up at the airport. I won't have a problem doing that. It's just more hot air that we've come to expect from Charles. After I've given him that endorsement it would be crazy of me to say 'welcome back Charles'.

"I've got to be careful because Forfar deserved their win and well done to Dick Campbell and his players, but our players picked up the newspaper at breakfast to be reminded they're the worst team in Rangers' history.

"I'll tell you, that would be bad luck - to have the worst Rangers team in history and the worst chief executive in history at the same time. That's downright bad luck.

"Instead of concentrating on the match, their minds are elsewhere and they're worrying about their jobs. Because, let's face it, if he's said we don't win a cup and we go, then some of the players would be under threat too.

"As team-talks go, I don't think it was one of Charles' best. What I can say is that the current chief executive has backed us with players coming in, absolutely.

"Craig Mather has been shoulder-to-shoulder with us, which is something Charles seems to have taken umbrage to.

"Let's be honest about it, I don't think it's surprising that we're probably at our most vulnerable and weakest because we can't play our new signings [due to a transfer embargo].

"That's when Charles has surfaced and the biggest thing of the lot is that he's turned up after 34,000 fans have bought season tickets. Coincidence? Perhaps not."

Rooney was meant to return to pre-season from his hamstring injury this week, to play in the friendly in Sweden, but he's now got a shoulder injury. Probably from the massive chip on it.

Fuck him. Should have sold him to PSG before they got Cavani. Would have cost less, and is arguably a more proven player, though is also a prat.

I found it a bit sad that a crowd of 13000 for the first game of the season was considered something to celebrate. A sign of how bad it's got I guess. Good to start with a win though and it sounds like we played well.

The capacity for games outwith Celtic this year is about 16,000, just under. So its pretty damn good going considering.