aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I think you're exaggerating the weakness of their bench a bit. Obviously it is weaker than their first tea, but still they have: Mascherano, Fabregas, Sanchez, Song, Tello, Cuenca and Affellay as well as a few of the others youngsters on the fringes. 

Fuck, Affelay is still at Barca? Was he on loan somewhere last season? Love that guy.

Former Brum loanee, Christian Benitez, also known as Chucho, died today. Some conflicting reports whether it was heart attack or respiratory failure. He was only 27! Yikes.

He once scored an equalizer against Liverpool, making him an immediate footballing great.

27, man. Grim. Sad news.

Anyone got any tips for EPL fantasy football this year?  Anyone cheap that will earn a lot of points? 

I'd wait another week or so and see what the squads are looking like, I always try and pick up a promoted teams star.  As in the free kick/penalty taking striker/midfielder as although he wont bring in the 10 points every week.  In total he will end up giving you more points than a mid tier manyoo/citeh player would.

Also his value will go up so if you do get rid of him eventually you'll probably net an extra million or 1.5mill.

That's my tip for the season.  I'm not giving any more.  I finally beat Dan last year.  

Time to start my dynasty.

Crikey wish the media would stop harping on about Gareth bloody Bale!!!!

Anyways went to my first match of the season last night against a little bunch of unknown farmers called Norwich City... well Norwich reserves with a few first team players including Wes Hoolahan and Gary Hooper who I think was making his debut.  I think the latter was picked because he is used to facing such quality of opposition in the SPL.  He was utter pants in any case, clearly overweight and lacking match fitness, he never had a sniff at goal, we snuffed him out completely.  Bloody hell not been keeping in touch with football over the summer, there was just one player from last season's squad in the starting 11!!!  Boy we been busy in transfer market getting them freebies!

A good performance won 1-0 with a cracking strike, this probably will be the highpoint of what will inevitably be yet another disappointing season in the top toilet level of English football.  Season ticket is now in my grubby hands bring it on!!! 

Good news for fellow Alan Green and Mark Lawrenson haters:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/01/mark-lawrenson-match-of-the-day

Football will be better enjoyed via the BBC with less Alan Green and Lawro. Both personalities are seriously toxic, and I'm pleased the BBC has acknowledged how poisonous the contributions are from those two.

More reasons to think this season will be a cracker! This could possibly be posted in the Ace-ic thread, too. Because it is seriously fucking ace-ic.

I think the BBC Five Live team is generally pretty solid, especially with Alan Green having reduced participation. As for MOTD, it's pretty bad, but I'm a scabby mink and can't afford Sky, so it's all I have and I have very little to gauge it with. Let me clutch to my straw!