aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

MOTD's analytic side of things has been turd for ages. Just constant streams of "Pace. Power. Precision" every week from Hansen. He seems to be seen as some sort of Defending mastermind, but in reality, he just says "appalling/shocking/terrible/really really poor defending" for every single goal.

Bring back Lee Dixon. Good lad, he is. Even if he is a City supporting ex Gooner.

Watched my first pre-season game last night. Chelsea v Inter. Holy fuck, Chelsea looked good.

Oscar through the middle looked promising and moses + lukaku is a beast of a strikeforce. I can see them being there or thereabouts next season for sure. Essien even looked like vintage Essien - thats a great sign if ur a chelsea fan.

I think the Italians are a little behind in terms of pre-season. I know AC Milan have only recently started their pre-season and City fucked them over. They looked LOLbad.

It's pretty amazing the effect a little lack of match fitness and sharpness can have. United were getting the run around by the Japanese boys who are already midway through their season whilst Rio Ferdinand masters the art of walking-football.

I don't take much notice to pre-season. Anything can happen. The summer that United signed Michael Owen, he scored 5 in 5, and looked like the best player on earth. Then a year later, United beat a strong Barcelona which was only missing Messi. Tom Cleverley got the man of the match. Tom Cleverley.

Pre-season is great, but also bonkers.

Getting so close to the season now I am surprised that Man United haven't done some business yet.

New manager and that he'd like to get his new players in for season start.

Arsenal obviously haven't done anything.  It's not the first of September yet and the fans are only half in revolt.  Got to lose 2 games in August first.

Getting so close to the season now I am surprised that Man United haven't done some business yet.

Arsenal obviously haven't done anything.  It's not the first of September yet and the fans are only half in revolt.  Got to lose 2 games in August first.

Lies, you got Yaya Sanogo for nowt. He looks pretty handy.

• Upvote 1

Lies, you got Yaya Sanogo for nowt. He looks pretty handy.

I don't actually know how sarcastic you are being.

I think Sanogo looks like a very tidy young player but he's not going to be what they need in the league this year.  Looked good in the u20's world cup getting 4 goals in 6 games.  He's just another prospect that will hopefully get some experience this season.

I don't actually know how sarcastic you are being.

I think Sanogo looks like a very tidy young player but he's not going to be what they need in the league this year.  Looked good in the u20's world cup getting 4 goals in 6 games.  He's just another prospect that will hopefully get some experience this season.

Not being sarcastic. Just saying you've done some business.

I think the Italians are a little behind in terms of pre-season. I know AC Milan have only recently started their pre-season and City fucked them over. They looked LOLbad.

It's pretty amazing the effect a little lack of match fitness and sharpness can have. United were getting the run around by the Japanese boys who are already midway through their season whilst Rio Ferdinand masters the art of walking-football.

I don't take much notice to pre-season. Anything can happen. The summer that United signed Michael Owen, he scored 5 in 5, and looked like the best player on earth. Then a year later, United beat a strong Barcelona which was only missing Messi. Tom Cleverley got the man of the match. Tom Cleverley.

Pre-season is great, but also bonkers.

Inter looked off pace for sure. Second to every ball etc. But, pre-season games give you a good glimpse at shape and tactics. Chelsea really looked a different side. The ball was getting spread left and right, attackers were coming deep, midfield was bombing through the centre. Last season they played one way : tiki taka then look for the killer through ball that torres looked incapable of latching onto.

Only saw hilights of city but they look a different side too. Looked like they have a proper winger in Navas and they scored from a cross! Imagine having a jinky winger and a tall center forward and playing balls into the box! Bobby manc wouldnt have entertained such a crazy idea.

I remember reading a few years ago (while he was at Inter I think) that Mourinho had an approach to pre-season training that got his teams up to full match pace quicker than normal. 

I think there's a lot to be optimistic about for Chelsea but also there are so many question marks around all the top teams that it really is hard to make confident predictions about how the season will go.

Yeah, these tours of other continents are all about money. Ryan Giggs pretty much said it himself recently. 10 years or so ago, it used to just be players and coaches on the plane for pre-season, but now it's a chartered flight, and the marketing teams go, the ambassadors, journalists, publicists blah blah. There's always open training sessions that the public have to get a ticket for, just to see a bunch of half-fit pros play a game of piggy in the middle and run laps. The teams they play against get permission to put their contractual obligations on hold, postponing league fixtures so they can play a money-spinning friendly against a top European giant. Wonga.

I don't think these lucrative tours are great for pre season preparation, I mean Spurs and Sunderland were playing in monsoon conditions in Thailand or somewhere like that last week plus the travelling can't help but hey money talks in the modern game and the Premier League is a global brand so you can see why it happens, doesn't make it right.

Arsenal have the right idea with the Emirates Cup, get decent quality opposition to come to your own gaff!!!

Arsene will make more noise about signing Rooney, Fabregas, Suarez for a few more weeks then blow his wad on U-21 players from the French Second division.

That Isco pass is mega. Glad he went to Madrid and not City. It will be interesting how Madrid plan on lining up all their attackers, and who, if anyone, is on their way out. I think if Bale comes in, Ronaldo could possibly move to centre forward, with Bale, Isco and Ozil behind. That would just be ridiculous.

I agree they tried Ronaldo up there in pre season, apparantly he looked a little uncomfortable but he'd take a bit of time to adjust.

Most of Ronaldo's final two seasons at United was as a centre forward. He looked great there. That was 4 years ago though. He'll need time to get back into the swing of it. If he stays on the left, and they keep playing Benzema as a CF, then there'll be alot of rotation in the attacking midfield. Especially so if they sign Bale too.

Unless signing Bale means Ronaldo returns home  :love:

article-1042532-0230C4B900000578-239_468