aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Moyes has done a decent job at keeping Everton in the top half on limited resources. But still, he loves a hoof. Before they were just punting it to Fellaini, they were just booting onto Cahill's bonce.

Klopp would be the man I'd pick. It can't be Klopp though. They just won't announce that he's leaving a few weeks before their Champions League final. Moyes is the one who is out of contract, and reports are suggesting it's him above anyone else. I think it'll be Moyes. I think he'll last 1 season.

Edited by Joda Serk

David Beckham has shorter odds of becoming manager than Mike Phelan, which shows that the world recognises that Mike Phelan is a glorified season ticket holder at best.

He's the best in the world at the underwhelming post-match interview though. You can't teach that. It's something you're born with, and Mike Phelan was born boring.

• Upvote 1

I think Scholes is definitely gone, back into the coaching role he went into when he first retired.

I think Giggs has another year left in him. When he's played this year, he's either looked like the best player on the pitch or worse than Obertan. No middleground. He said he wanted to carry on, but Fergie leaving might sway him to give it up as well.

Paddy Crerand also reckons that Darren Fletcher will never play again too. Bad times.

The good news is that Bebe has been kicking the shit out of his loan spell, so thankfully he'll come back and be the best player on earth next season. Win the lot

I think Scholes is definitely gone, back into the coaching role he went into when he first retired.

I think Giggs has another year left in him. When he's played this year, he's either looked like the best player on the pitch or worse than Obertan. No middleground. He said he wanted to carry on, but Fergie leaving might sway him to give it up as well.

Paddy Crerand also reckons that Darren Fletcher will never play again too. Bad times.

The good news is that Bebe has been kicking the shit out of his loan spell, so thankfully he'll come back and be the best player on earth next season. Win the lot

Paddy Crerand is on a role these last couple of days though...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/listen-paddy-crerands-angry-rant-1876049

Paddy Crerand has been a total prat for many years. He's a self-nominated spokesman for United, and usually hasn't got much of a clue.

I hope he's wrong about Fletcher anyway, but it must be incredibly difficult to return to the highest level of football and to peak physical condition after the illness he has. Real shame. Long live Fletch.

So are The Times, and a few other newspapers. Most of it seems based on bookies slashing the odds.

It's probably going to be him, but it's not official yet. David Gill's statement said that the #1 candidate will have vast experience of English and European football, so I thought that ruled Moyes out. It definitely rules out Klopp. Mourinho just doesn't seem likely, as he doesn't fit with United's philosophy at all.

King Kenny? 40 MILLION POUND SWOOP FOR ADAM LE FONDRE

Yeah I heard about that. Sounds good in theory, and also outrageous. A 3rd party sponsor stumping up a large wad of cash to fund a transfer doesn't sound like it would go down too well with the FFP rules though. I wonder how they'll get around that.

Ronnie's tiptoeing closer to 30. They should take all that money and buy Bale. Younger, more potential to improve, possibly playing beneath a managerial back-room including his hero Ryan Giggs, inheriting the #11 shirt which no other United player has worn during the fixed squad number era. How could he resist?

Moyesy, Moyesy Sign him up.