aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Speaking of Chelski signing Falcao there is a lot of noise around them having a pre contract with Schurrle.  I guess that would mean Lukaku is done?  Lukaku is what 20 now?  Schurrle is 22?  And Ba, and Torres?  Or Falcao if Torres goes.

I mean that would be a good 4 strikers to have but not very good for Lukaku and Schurrle to mature as players.

The SPL have reached an agreement in principle for league reform. One league body, divisions of 12-10-10-10, play offs and pyramid system.

All far too sensible - ditch the bit no-one could agree on and keep the 3 big things everyone likes.  Vote sheduled for later in the month. 

The SPL have reached an agreement in principle for league reform. One league body, divisions of 12-10-10-10, play offs and pyramid system.

All far too sensible - ditch the bit no-one could agree on and keep the 3 big things everyone likes.  Vote sheduled for later in the month. 

This is excellent news.

Any word on SPL voting structure?

Any word on SPL voting structure?

Haven't seen anything on twitter about it.  I don't understand how the voting structure can possibly remain in a 42 team league?  How can 11-1 possibly be a factor unless the 42 team league is just a paper exercise?

Haven't seen anything on twitter about it.  I don't understand how the voting structure can possibly remain in a 42 team league?  How can 11-1 possibly be a factor unless the 42 team league is just a paper exercise?

Good point, although the 'SPL' clubs may have more weighting to their votes or something by virtue of being the 'biggest' clubs in the system. Will be interesting to see. Anything that doesn't allow the OF to get into bed together works for me.

Has to be Mourinho surely. 

Surely not? Mourinho is a short-term fix of a boss who stays with a club three or four seasons, and leaves with a divided dressing room after spending a bunch of cash and making friends with his favourites and freezing out players he doesn't get on with.

I seriously doubt that he is anywhere near top of the United list, they have a bit more class about them...I don't think that's anywhere near a good fit.

I think Mourinho would be the best in the very short term. He would continue to get success in the next few years and not be affected by the pressure of taking over from Fergie but Adam's right, long term he would be more trouble than he is worth for united. 

I'm not sure Klopp is likely either though tbh.

The prices on Moyes were being slashed a couple of days ago, and he's still the favourite according to the bookies.

I think Chelsea will lure Mourinho back, and I can't see it being Klopp, so I think it just might be Moyes.

I do hope it's Klopp though.

Shit day though. Fuck everything. Irreplaceable. I have no memory of a time when Fergie wasn't United boss.

Fergie has talked up Moyes alot over the years, and Moyes is out of contract in just a few weeks time. Perhaps it's based on that, though I think he'd be an okay manager, but can he handle it? I don't like MOurinho, but perhaps he's the only one with the ego and the swagger to cut it.

Fergie did so well because he was stubborn, and he manufactured a siege-mentality, to subside pressure. Him and his players were never at fault. It was always something else. I don't think he ever believed any of that, but he was bold enough to rant and rave at anything other than his own team. The next manager is going to be under a huge amount of pressure just because it's United, but also because that man is replacing Sir Alex. The next man in line getting the job just has to be tough mentality. I think Mourinho has the edge there.