aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Oh it's just been confirmed.  32million.  Bargain, Gotze will be amazing.

Came in to post this.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/8666954/Bundesliga-Bayern-Munich-agree-32m-deal-to-sign-Mario-Goetze-from-Borussia-Dortmund

Bayern are going to be so, so good next season.

Ribery to leave, though?

Shame that the excellent Dortmund side is likely to get dismantled this summer. Lewandowski looks like he's off too. Reus and Hummels will be hot property too, though out of all of them, I hope United sign Gundogan. He is immense.

Really surprised Gotze is leaving for such a big title rival. There's talk Lewy might be off to Bayern too. That'd be crazy.

I really fucking hate this transfer. Bayern are a shower of cunts, and this effectively kills the Bundesliga as a competitive league. Lewandowski will probably be off and all, which doesn't leave Dortmund with much up front except Reus, Kuba and Schieber. I'm sure those guys along with Hummels, Gundogan and Piszczek will be subject to bids and all. Utter wank. Bayern will basically win the league for as long as they want to now.

Money is shit and ruins everything fun.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure about the Gotze signing in all honesty. Bayern are spoiled for choice from left to right across that attacking midfield role (Ribery, Shaqiri, Kroos, Muller, Robben) although this signing gives the team two players for each postition with all 6 comfortably being able to fill any of the three roles up for grabs at a push..

I think Gotze is quite an improvement on what is already in place, and what is already in place is very good. I've heard rumours Ribery will be off, so if that's true, then Gotze will probably take his place. Even if he doesn't, he can play anywhere in a front 4 so he could be alongside Ribery, possibly at the expense of Robben, who isn't as good as he used to be.

That attacking midfield is going to ruin everyone. Probably doesn't even matter which centre forward is infront of it. You could put David Ngog infront of Gotze, Kroos and Muller and he'd probably get 20 goals.

Edited by Joda Serk

I think Gotze is quite an improvement on what is already in place, and what is already in place is very good. I've heard rumours Ribery will be off, so if that's true, then Gotze will probably take his place. Even if he doesn't, he can play anywhere in a front 4 so he could be alongside Ribery, possibly at the expense of Robben, who isn't as good as he used to be.

That attacking midfield is going to ruin everyone. Probably doesn't even matter which centre forward is infront of it. You could put David Ngog infront of Gotze, Kroos and Muller and he'd probably get 20 goals.

Gotze tends to play out wide to the right or through the centre so it's more likely that he'd displace Robben. Shaqiri is fantastic and pretty much a nailed on replacement for Ribery. Muller is better than Gotze at the moment (i'd say that Gotze probably has more potential but Muller is hard working, can score like a striker from attacking midfield and assists for fun and Gotze could still do with working on the assist and work rate side of his game, his teamwork is a little slack as well and he tends to disappear without service).

Robben's problem has always been fitness. When he's fit he's great. He's not lost his pace yet but i've a feeling that he's pushed the Bayern board a little tto much in the last two seasons and he'll be worth more if he's sold now.

Where are these Ribery rumours coming from? I've not heard anything concrete?

Twitter mostly, so definitely no concrete, but I've seen a few suggesting Gotze coming in spells the end for either Ribery or Robben. Could be nonsense.

I think for his age, Gotze's assisting is very impressive. 13 in 26 games this year. A very good return. His finishing can be erratic though and he gets a bit Nani-like sometimes and starts running into dead ends needlessly though. He'll probably iron that out. I think he'll be one of the best around in 2 or 3 years time.

I'm a big fan of Muller's more laborious style. I think Gotze offers quite alot that Muller doesn't, in terms of being able to just walk through defenders with the ball. Muller's got one of those much revered 'football brains' everyone raves about though. He reads the game incredibly well. It will be interesting to see Gotze and Muller play together. I think that has the potential to be unstoppable.

Alot of hate for Gotze on the internet just now, moving to such a big rival. The season's not even over yet. I can't see him playing for Dortmund again. Seems quite out of the ordinary that such a huge domestic move has been announced well before the window has opened and whilst there are still games left to play. Dortmund play Bayern at home in a couple of weeks too. It could be chaos.

Saw Peter Beardsley playing in a Cambridge United shirt tonight!!!!!!

We played a centenary friendly against a bunch of Newcastle academy kids tonight actually outplayed them but lost 2-1, Beardsley made a cameo for both sides he hardly got a touch of the ball though!

So glad this season is finished one of ultimate disappointment, even more than usual and that's flipping saying something!  Roll on next season!

• Upvote 1

From NUFC.com PS: post-match tweeters were quick to claim that Peter's late cameo on Tuesday made him the best player to have appeared for Cambridge in their 100 year history, but they're almost 35 years too late!

Attempting to win his first professional contract, Peter was invited to Cambridge on trial in 1979 and played in a 1-1 midweek draw at Newmarket Town. However U's Manager John Docherty was clearly less than impressed and sent Beardsley home three days early....

We played a centenary friendly against a bunch of Newcastle academy kids tonight actually outplayed them but lost 2-1, Beardsley made a cameo for both sides he hardly got a touch of the ball though!

So glad this season is finished one of ultimate disappointment, even more than usual and that's flipping saying something!  Roll on next season!

What's with the new profile?