aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I dont get what his political views have to do with his ability to manage a football team. I dont see us running about asking every new manager what his political beliefs are when they are given a job of managing a football team. I'm 100% certain other managers will have views we may not all agree on, but it would appear that Facsim/Racism are the only ones we are worried about.

I actually think he is what they need, he wont take any shit, he wont take any half arsed performances and he wont accept the players giving up on the fight, i think he will keep them up. 

Well I think facism would work pretty good at a football club! There is never any room for racism. Other players/managers may have political beliefs but it is kept out the game. He encourgaed people to see his views. That young lad got banned recently then there was Fowler and his save the dockers tshirt. The Durham miners have asked for their banner back from the dirty dirty mackems because of this appointment as well.

I dont get what his political views have to do with his ability to manage a football team. I dont see us running about asking every new manager what his political beliefs are when they are given a job of managing a football team. I'm 100% certain other managers will have views we may not all agree on, but it would appear that Facsim/Racism are the only ones we are worried about.

I actually think he is what they need, he wont take any shit, he wont take any half arsed performances and he wont accept the players giving up on the fight, i think he will keep them up. 

Has Di Canio actually encouraged anyone to follow his way of thinking? There was no mention of it at all when he was manager of Swindon, also no one really seemed to care, but now he has come to the EPL then its a big deal? 

Like i say, im 100% sure he wont be the only one to think his way, why dont we demand each manager reveals his political views when he is given a managers job? 

He wasn't forced to reveal his political views. He decided to promote his views to the crowd and camera and has been know to talk about his admiration for Mussolini, he now gets questioned on it. It was mentioned in the media when he was at Swindon.

Has Di Canio actually encouraged anyone to follow his way of thinking? There was no mention of it at all when he was manager of Swindon, also no one really seemed to care, but now he has come to the EPL then its a big deal? 

Like i say, im 100% sure he wont be the only one to think his way, why dont we demand each manager reveals his political views when he is given a managers job? 

Yeah! I remember that game. Some context: We were sitting 7th in the table going into the last match of the 04/05 season which was the last UEFA Cup spot that year. City were 8th so a win would have given them European football for the first time in ages. Robbie Fowler took one of the worst penalties I've seen (it's referenced in the clip there but sadly/thankfully David James didn't get a chance to put his foot through it so it's not there). We held on for the draw and ended up going on that ridiculous UEFA Cup run the next season.

Now look at us: 10th in the Championship with 2 wins and a draw from our last 14 games. That's the worst form in English football during 2013.

• Upvote 1

I do love it when a 'keeper plays outfield. Steve Harper came on as a striker for us in a friendly against Celtic a few years ago. We were 3-1 up after 70ish minutes when Sam Allardyce threw him on for Nicky Butt. BANTER. A few minutes later and Harper knocks the ball down for Charles N'Zogbia, who passes to James Milner, who scores from 20 yards. Assisted and assist. Excellent guy.

It was probably the best thing Fat Sam did as Newcastle manager, and the coolest thing Harper has ever done, 

• Upvote 2

I wasn't quite so serious with my Di Canio love. I do think he's great, but can see why he's mostly mentally unstable, and a very questionable person. He's a pure lunatic.

In less serious news, John Terry still owns his boots from Moscow:

iZvCEWuhRznR.gif

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 3

Stevie started off as a striker. Yeah so many mackums of facebook saying oh don't mix football and politics let him get on with the job but as you say he has brought it on himself.

I do love it when a 'keeper plays outfield. Steve Harper came on as a striker for us in a friendly against Celtic a few years ago. We were 3-1 up after 70ish minutes when Sam Allardyce threw him on for Nicky Butt. BANTER. A few minutes later and Harper knocks the ball down for Charles N'Zogbia, who passes to James Milner, who scores from 20 yards. Assisted and assist. Excellent guy.

It was probably the best thing Fat Sam did as Newcastle manager, and the coolest thing Harper has ever done,