aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

worse than Obertan

This is not a thing. Stop being silly.

It'll be Moyes. Mourinho is a short-termist with no interest in youth development. He's nobody's long-term choice. Moyes is the complete opposite and already plays a similar style of football, is pragmatic in the transfer market and is good at developing players. They'll want continuity and Moyes will certainly give them that.

He's also Scottish and angry, so there's that. He'll probably need to develop an alcohol problem to match Fergie's level of facial redness, though, and I'm not sure how he'll learn Fergie's telepathic mind-control techniques that will officials into playing 23 minutes of injury time at home. But still, continuity.

Moyes may bring continuity.

and Mourinho brings stopgap success.

But Klopp brings instant badassery.

Look at him:

Juergen-Klopp.jpg

If Fergie's intimidation gave them 50 second or so extra stoppage time now and again, Klopp would get the entire game replayed.

It's not Klopp though. He'll continue to tear Europe a new arsehole with Dortmund, even if he loses his entire starting 11.

if its Moyes (an ex Cambridge United player lol) then good luck to him, how much time will he be given though, at least one trophy next season is a must and Moyes never won a trophy at Everton.  Can he handle the step up in class?  Can he handle a better class of player and fan demands?  Hope he is at least given some time.

Personally I can't help thinking I can see Man Utd going slowly into decline like when Sir Matt Busby stepped down....

Edited by Delboy1969

Fergie out.

David Gill out.

Scholes out.

Fletcher possibly out.

Rooney wants to leave. Again.

Rumours are rife that Giggs will step back from playing as well.

Not to mention possible sales of Nani (1 year left on his contract) and Anderson (2 years left on his playing contract, but 0 years left on his "are you ever going to stop being shit?" contract).

Rio hasn't signed a new contract yet either, which expires this summer. This could be a big factor in wishing to move on.

EXODUS!

This is not a thing. Stop being silly.

It'll be Moyes. Mourinho is a short-termist with no interest in youth development. He's nobody's long-term choice. Moyes is the complete opposite and already plays a similar style of football, is pragmatic in the transfer market and is good at developing players. They'll want continuity and Moyes will certainly give them that.

He's also Scottish and angry, so there's that. He'll probably need to develop an alcohol problem to match Fergie's level of facial redness, though, and I'm not sure how he'll learn Fergie's telepathic mind-control techniques that will officials into playing 23 minutes of injury time at home. But still, continuity.

Mourinho has played more home grown Real players than Fergie has played homegrown United players this season, its a fallacy that he doesnt play young players, he has done it throughout his managerial career. He also signs and plays young guys, much like Fergie has done at United over the years. 

The statistic that shows Mourinho has played more home grown players includes older players like Casillas, Lopez, Adan and Arbeloa, who were already in place and established before Mourinho took the job, so they probably shouldn't really count. Out of the actual academy, he has given Callejon and Morata a few games. I can't think of any others.

Either way, I'm not all that bothered how Mourinho achieves success. I think the factor for United fans and the philosophy of the club is the longevity. Nobody wants a 3 year stopgap. If he did that by spending millions, then do it. The United academy these days isn't quite churning out the players it used to. Other than Adnan Januzaj and possibly Angelo Henriquez, there's nothing much to shout about.

Maybe Moyes will lose the plot after the sight of an open cheque book and go on a mental spree. Hopefully one of them will be a midfielder.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1

Ferguson must be gutted that he missed out on Varane.

Rio's had a great season to be fair. Ashley Williams is a good defender, but he's not good enough. On a par with Jonny Evans IMO.

Phil Jones will probably slot in at CB alongside Vidic when Rio fucks aff, I would've thought, with Smalling and Evans as cover.

Both Cleverley and Wazza have been showing as "NIke Athlete" instead of United players on Twitter for ages. Many months. It's put the entire internet into meltdown though.

Rio's still got game. Total baller. His best season for a long time. I hope he signs an extension. I don't rate Williams higher than any of United's current CB's. Not even Smalling. SMALLING. Okay, he might be slightly better than Smalling, but he's young. He'll get better, when he actually, like, plays and stuff. He's at least 3 Phil Jones' away from being as good as Phil Jones.

Defence is fine. #1 Tip for Moyes to win over fans. Buy a midfielder. If he wants a statue outside Old Trafford, then buying TWO midfielders will get that fast tracked. Ensure that neither of them are Fellaini, otherwise United will just turn into hoofball Stoke.

Edited by Joda Serk

I presume Everton fans are gonna give him a gentlemen's send-off? I'd pretty much lose interest in football altogether if the boo-boys reared their ugly heads. People talk about Moyes being over-rated but a few dodgy signings aside he's done a stellar job. There are few better run, more stable clubs in the league on and off the pitch.

Mourinho has played more home grown Real players than Fergie has played homegrown United players this season, its a fallacy that he doesnt play young players, he has done it throughout his managerial career. He also signs and plays young guys, much like Fergie has done at United over the years. 

How many of Real's homegrown players that currently play in the first team were brought through the youth system by Mourinho though?

I love Jose, but I don't think there's much evidence to suggest he isn't a chequebook manager.

I was wrong about Callejon actually. I forgot he was at Espanyol and was bought back. So, I he's only plucked Morata out of the academy himself, I believe.

Nacho Fernandez

Antonio Adan

Tomas Mejias

Alex Fernandez

Jese

Jose Rodriguez

Are all current Madrid players who have turned out for the first team (granted most have only played one game in the league and the odd few in cups/europe).

I do agree that he tends to favour teams where the board are a bit more "loadsamoney" than your average team but Madrid haven't even produced that many players who've moved on to other teams and been successful after finding first team opportunities lacking at Real. Maybe their youth policy isn't as up to scratch as it was 10-20 years ago.

Five players under the age of 23 have appeared for them this season and three of those have played just once. 

Every time I try to think of "promising young players at Real," Callejon is the first name that pops into my head. Turns out he's 26. Whit?!

Nacho Fernandez

Antonio Adan

Tomas Mejias

Alex Fernandez

Jese

Jose Rodriguez

Are all current Madrid players who have turned out for the first team (granted most have only played one game in the league and the odd few in cups/europe).

I do agree that he tends to favour teams where the board are a bit more "loadsamoney" than your average team but Madrid haven't even produced that many players who've moved on to other teams and been successful after finding first team opportunities lacking at Real. Maybe their youth policy isn't as up to scratch as it was 10-20 years ago.

I'd forgotton about Adan and Nacho. The latter actually looks pretty good. Genuinely never heard of the others.

Five players under the age of 23 have appeared for them this season and three of those have played just once. 

Every time I try to think of "promising young players at Real," Callejon is the first name that pops into my head. Turns out he's 26. Whit?!

I know, right? I keep thinking he's about 21. When did he age 5 years?