aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

"Overated, selfish, lazy - and thats being kind He summed up everything that is wrong with football. Oh, and he was rubbish.

Football will be a better place without him"

The opinion of The Shadow, via the comments section of the BBC website.

I just don't care for this at all.

Who is he? I want names.

Edited by Joda Serk

Speaking of which. Big Lampsy himself has signed an extension on his contract. 1 year. They should be giving him 3 or 4. No matter how old he gets, he's always going to be the best around at twatting it from 30 yards.

Tony Yeboa. It only happened twice. But thats quite enough to surpass everyones efforts ever.....ever.....................................eveerrrr

This guy has been cracking me up on twitter recently.

http://sport.uk.msn.com/socialvoices/goalshot-balls-hangs-up-his-cleats

"As a rookie, Beckham signed with Manchester Unity who leased him out to Prestown Northsiders until he was good enough at soccer to play in the EPL... Before he left the Unity, Beckham had debuted for the England Soccer Club and he went on to wear those Three Lions on his uniform for lots of soccer ties...Despite winning the EPL Spain world championship, many believed he never really settled there - struggling to adapt to speaking Mexican was real tough for him. "

• Upvote 1

This guy has been cracking me up on twitter recently.

http://sport.uk.msn.com/socialvoices/goalshot-balls-hangs-up-his-cleats

"As a rookie, Beckham signed with Manchester Unity who leased him out to Prestown Northsiders until he was good enough at soccer to play in the EPL... Before he left the Unity, Beckham had debuted for the England Soccer Club and he went on to wear those Three Lions on his uniform for lots of soccer ties...Despite winning the EPL Spain world championship, many believed he never really settled there - struggling to adapt to speaking Mexican was real tough for him. "

Just had a glance at his Twitter. Big LOLs

Soccer Guy ?@usasoccerguy

The Ben Fica fans are real happy as they kick the soccer ball in with their head... But the denial flag is erected! #nogoalshot

• Upvote 1

Christ on a bike, Talksport are hamming up the last day of the prem league season as 'Judgement Sunday' what the fuck?  I fail to remember a more duller last set of fixtures, the relegation places have already been sorted Man Poo won the league ages ago and Citeh are comfortably in second.  Moyes and Purple Face have already had their home send offs and its old news in any case, so that just leaves that prestigious champions league spots to sort out which is almost done and dusted anyways as all Arsenal have to do is beat an already on their holidays Newcastle to secure qualification.  And what the fuck is this reference to a 'judgement' in any case.  Fucking media twats do my nut in hamming up the impossible!

• Upvote 1

Christ on a bike, Talksport are hamming up the last day of the prem league season as 'Judgement Sunday' what the fuck?  I fail to remember a more duller last set of fixtures, the relegation places have already been sorted Man Poo won the league ages ago and Citeh are comfortably in second.  Moyes and Purple Face have already had their home send offs and its old news in any case, so that just leaves that prestigious champions league spots to sort out which is almost done and dusted anyways as all Arsenal have to do is beat an already on their holidays Newcastle to secure qualification.  And what the fuck is this reference to a 'judgement' in any case.  Fucking media twats do my nut in hamming up the impossible!

I suppose there's at least the faintest possibility of drama. I can only imagine the hyperbole going on on talksport. Imagine if even 4th place was already settled. They'd be as well just finishing a week early.

Overall this season was pretty boring in my opinion. Workmanlike from Man Utd, City just bumbled along, Arsenal had a bit of a poopy panty moment but finished well as they always do, Spurs were a bright spot with everyone's favourite manager but didn't exactly set the world alight. Liverpool seem on a fairly even keel... it's all pretty boring.

Only highlights really this year were Swansea.

The championship was awesome but I hardly saw any of it.

Here's my list of things I think the Premier League should do to spice it up next year

- Goalline technology (whether it slows the game down or not or takes the romance out of it ... im not bothered, it'll be a talking point)

- Install those really deep nets they use in the south american leagues (goals just look better when they travel an extra 10 feet before they bulge the net)

I'd agree that this season has been a bit boring, league wise anyway. The fact that none of the top European leagues could provide a decent title fight was very disappointing. A good year for cup competitions though. The FA and League cup were won by sides I think most neutrals liked to see win and it's been a great year for the champions league. The europa was decent too.