aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I was just coming to post something similar.

Thank fuck he's gone.  I hope Stoke can revamp that squad a bit before the season and stop playing rugbyfootball.

I think that means that Alan Pardew might be the second longest-serving manager at a club in the Premier League come the start of next season.  Strange times.

I think Pulis going is the right move for Stoke though, although he's made them hard to beat at home.  They aren't really going anywhere and he has spent a fair bit of money!

I think it's something like 80 million net spend since 08/09 season.  That's a fair whack of cash for a mid table side and they aren't seeing anything for it.  Either in league position or in footballing terms for sure.

Having said that we've seen what can happen when a mid table side sack a decent if unspectacular no nonsense manager.  See Blackburn/Alardyce.

Im a bit sad i have to say, most folks hate us but ive been a fan too long to care haha! ( apart from the mid November 4 - 0 drubbling at the hands of Colchester, then I too HATED.....US......ME....Errr....Them? )

Weve always been "direct", to be fair in 2013 its a bit outdated, what with all the glossy skills offered by even the bottom half of the premiership teams. It would be nice to follow suit and play some good stuff, cos we have decent DE-FENDERRRRRRS, most of the bottom half seemed to forgot to buy DE-FEN-DERRRRRRRRS but anyway. Some were un lucky with injuries in all seriousness.

Old Tone had definately taken us as far as he could thats not open to question, even though we went 10 games unbeaten just before Xmas it was strikingly apparent that we needed 2 wingers and 2 full backs, then i personally thought we could have had a full on assault on 10th spot!!! ha! But anyway guess thats why hes not there anymore.

I really wish they wouldnt do the "outside the ground" interviews, fuck, that accent hahaha jesus, i'd rather listen too an hour-long interview with Graeme Mcdowell

Rafa is 2-1 ON to get the job! Di Matteo is 4-1 ..........got it a feeling Gus Poyet is gonna there or thereabouts, please dont let if be Mark "Joner" Hughes though.

Edited by fertuiee

Tony Pulis excuses horror tackles that can break legs but thinks that waving an imaginary card is punishable by death. Total dick.

And yeah lots of football fans in this country used to admire hard, physical teams. Lots of football fans also used to think it was okay to throw bananas at black players. Just because something used to be the case doesn't in any way mean it was a good thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Haha yes, you can compare hard tackling to racism.

What a ridiculous comparison to make, but it sums up where the game is now a days. 

Pulis has never excused horror tackles, but like ANY manager, including the much loved SAF, they rarely hammer your own player in the public, never to TV camera's, unless your Paulo Di Canio. 

• Upvote 1

Haha yes, you can compare hard tackling to racism.

What a ridiculous comparison to make, but it sums up where the game is now a days. 

Pulis has never excused horror tackles, but like ANY manager, including the much loved SAF, they rarely hammer your own player in the public, never to TV camera's, unless your Paulo Di Canio. 

No malice in that tackle.

No one needs to see if again but the tackle on Ramsey was little more than a scythe.  Never had a hope of getting the ball without mauling the man at the same time.  No malice.

You could look a million tackles on players and try and claim it was done out of malice. I still to this day do not think he went out to hurt Ramsey, but shit can happen during a game, mistime by a second and you could end someone's career, thats the nature of the game. Neil Simpson is one of the nicest, quietest, softly spoken guys, who barely put a bad tackle in his career, but because of one moment he has the tag of being a thug. I know personally that he barely has a bad bone in his body, yet he was responsible for probably the worst tackle ever seen in our league. Did he do it out of malice? Of course not. 

You could look a million tackles on players and try and claim it was done out of malice. I still to this day do not think he went out to hurt Ramsey, but shit can happen during a game, mistime by a second and you could end someone's career, thats the nature of the game. Neil Simpson is one of the nicest, quietest, softly spoken guys, who barely put a bad tackle in his career, but because of one moment he has the tag of being a thug. I know personally that he barely has a bad bone in his body, yet he was responsible for probably the worst tackle ever seen in our league. Did he do it out of malice? Of course not. 

It's hardly a one off event for Shawcross.

I get your point but not with players who make their career out of physically dominating people, then claim there is no intent when they go to far.

It's hardly a one off event for Shawcross.

I get your point but not with players who make their career out of physically dominating people, then claim there is no intent when they go to far.

The Ramsey thing was a one off. Yes he is a hard dominating player, but it doesnt make him a nasty guy, i cant think of another moment when he has nearly killed someone.

Doug Rougvie used to kick guys up and down a football pitch all day, would scream at players in the tunnel that he was going to hurt them, and generally be a complete dick, but off the field he is a gentleman, who loves to laugh about how he got away with it because he had no teeth and looked scarier than he was. Being a hardman on the pitch doesnt make you a nasty person, who is going out to hurt people. The fact is, now a days our game is completely full of pansies who act as if they have been shot, when they havent even been touched, its very hard to know if someone has actually hurt another or not during a game, extreme examples as above aside. 

Still, it doesnt make Stoke a nasty club, or Pulis a nasty person. 

• Upvote 2

Tony Pulis excuses horror tackles that can break legs but thinks that waving an imaginary card is punishable by death. Total dick.

And yeah lots of football fans in this country used to admire hard, physical teams. Lots of football fans also used to think it was okay to throw bananas at black players. Just because something used to be the case doesn't in any way mean it was a good thing.

Give over, youre being silly now.