aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Wonder if Mark Hughes remembers what it's like to manage a club without a piss-load of money to spend? He spent a fortune on shite over the hill players at QPR who looked like they didn't give one shit about the club. He signed some total balloons for Man City as well.

Evra out, Baines in would be a great move for Utd.

Baines is good. But Evra is still the king. Not just his ability, but he's a massive presence in the dressing room according to everyone at the club. Technically vice captain, but he's captained United more than any other player in the past 4 years. He's the leader, with vast experience of winning, and he finally started adding goals to his game. Statistically, both in attack and defence, this season was his best ever. Alot of departures this season, which could be detrimental. Maintaining as much stability as possible would be wise, in my opinion.

Moyes has already dismantled the staff. Phelan and Steele are out, and that's a little weird. Steele had an excellent relationship with De Gea. He'd done very well with him. He even learned Spanish to help him settle and communicate with him. He's turned him from a butter fingers to one of the best around. And Phelan? I don't really know what he did other than wear shorts all year round, but he did that better than most. He's worked with Fergie for a long time, so that experience could be valuable. Word is that Rene Meulensteen is off next, who was pretty much the tactical nous behind Fergie's dominance. The brains. The man RvP and Ronaldo claimed to be the best they have ever worked with. That would be an ill-advised move by Moyes.

If the staff is set to change so drastically, then losing the captain of the team would be a huge loss too. Keeping Rio on is a good move, as he's had a great season, and again has huge winning experience. Losing Evra would be bad. Maybe in a year or two, over a period of transition, but not now. Perhaps his ability is replaceable (though I still think he's better than Baines) but I don't think you can replace everything he brings to United. Huge player.

Good game. Bayern deserved it I guess, but I wanted Dortmund to win. They'll kick themselves for not scoring the first half hour when they had all those chances.

Dante should have been off. That could have changed everything. Ribery being a fanny could have got him a redder n'all. Ref bottled those calls, but Bayern deserved it.

The Irish coverage was funny. They have these three miserable old farts (John Giles, Eamon Dunphy and Liam Brady) who do all their football coverage, basically three Mark Lawrensons who hate football. Immediately when they went back to the studio after the final whistle one guy labelled Bayern "Unjust and unworthy winners", said it was a "dreadful" game of football, both teams were hopeless at the back, and that Man United could have "stuffed" either team. They then got into a discussion about how Bayern are a flash in the pan who play football the wrong way and have no chance of dominating European football for the next few seasons.

0005b0ea-642.jpg

Lighten up lads. It's only a game.

What game were they watching? It was a great game! Both play football the right way. None of that 100 sideways passes, patient build ups. They just bomb forward and create chances. It's so direct, as is German football in general.

The flash in the pan comment is great. 3 finals in 4 years doesn't quite sound like a flash in the pan.

United would have gotten twatted by either team.

Edited by Joda Serk

Haha they dont want much do they? as finals go its was a classic to my eyes, theyre normally boring as shit, better in recent years granted. 

Thought Dortmund were .......good......REAL good, dread to think what they would have been like if they had Goetze playing alongside Reus, if hes as good as Messi at 20!!!! maybe a bit of exaggeration there i wreckon but still, that Reus would walk into any single premiership outfit, supposed to be a holding roll..... stroll on. Shame Goetze couldnt play, its a messed up situation really that the side above them COULD actually buy him but still, Dortmund are hardly trophy shy are they.

Robben is stealing all the limelight, but Bayern are crazy good arent they, our club sides are light years behind Real and Barca who have circumbed in the short term. What is that German national side going to be like over the next few years, theyre awsome now! If they play over here, it wont be Hampden, Wembley it'll have to be Lords, Wembleys scoreboard only takes double figures.

Only slight negative about it was.They still roll around like theyve been shot, call me old fashioned but it still bugs like it did 20 years ago, theyre too good for that shit, Rebery should have gone, we were all crying about it but no one else made a massive fuss about it so i guess it wasnt a bad thing that he didnt. However how Dante stayed on the pitch is beyond me, ref bottled it big style.

Fuck im drunk.

Edited by fertuiee

Its one of those obvious, yet strange transfers. Does he fit into the Barca tippy tappy style of football? Or is it a case of Barca realising they need a plan B, and someone like Neymar can offer them something they dont currently have? He does seem like the Brazilan version of Messi which is the weird point for me. Do you need two of those players in your starting 11? Can you accommodate those two in your starting 11 at European level? 

Well im reading that Neymar plays wide left for Santos. So you would imagine Messi will continue in his role, i was going to say position, but he doesnt really have one. Neymar wide left, Pedro or someone else wide right and no striker again. Cesc will prob drop deeper and play more games in central mid, again from what im reading Xavi is on his last legs now and wont manage another season like the one he has just played.

Xavi still has a role to play. As soon as he came on the other night, Barca scored. He's often under-appreciated when he plays, but when he isn't on the pitch, he is sorely missed. 

Looks like Thiago Alcantara might be leaving. He was tipped as Xavi's replacement, but he's wanting more football. He's posted a message to the fans saying "Thanks for the memories" or something along those lines, so it looks like he knows he's leaving. It was also reported that United scouts were watching his past few games too. Imagine that. Thiago. A midfielder, who plays in midfield, to be played in midfield, being bought by United. Bizzaro world.

Edited by Joda Serk

I always thought Neymar would move to Madrid. Mostly because of his hair, he's definitely got a Real Madrid rather than a Barcelona haricut.

However, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho all played for Barca so I can imagine there is a big attraction for Brazilians to move there. Plus we've got the beach here and we all know those Brazilians love the beach. 

It will be interesting to see how he fits in. He's more unpredictable than any of the current squad which will change things up in one way at least.  The left of the front three is surely where he;ll play which surely leaves Villa on the bench which is a shame.

England v Ireland tonight, can't believe its 18 years since the last time they played each other, then England off for a nice little post season jolly to Brazil.  Both games to be ruined by ITV but will watch anyways.  This season just seems to be going on forever!!!!