aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Martinez would be a good shout for the Man City job. He's no doubt been completely ruled out by the real-life champ man players at the top of the chain at Man City because he hasn't managed Inter/AC/Barca/Real/Bayern/etc but he has a lot going for him (beyond his matchday tactics, which are good IMO). For one his command of English is enough for proper communication/relationships with the English players. 2, he speaks Spanish, making him perfect for the south americans and er, spanish players (they give zero fucks about learning English so that would make a huge difference). 3, he's a proper football guy - From what he's done with Wigan, it's clear he's not out to create his own 'brand' or raise his profile (ala Mancini, Mourinho). I genuinely don't think Mancini gave a fuck about the history/prestige of the club, all he cared about was boosting his credentials as a manager.

I can't say I share that feeling. I think I only really like Mata out of that current crop.

David Luiz is a shitbag. I was pretty pleased to see Aguero go full-blown-assault on him. He's an unrelenting face-elbowing machine. Even after getting his arse caved in by Aguero's studs, he still hasn't learned. He was elbowing everyone last night. The referee looked like he was playing the entire game with his arms in the playing-advantage shape as Luiz just barged everyone over. Ramires loves a foul too, and he is somehow immune to a yellow card.

Lampard's alright too actually. Or Lampsy, as he likes to be called.

Speaking of which. Big Lampsy himself has signed an extension on his contract. 1 year. They should be giving him 3 or 4. No matter how old he gets, he's always going to be the best around at twatting it from 30 yards.

Sensible decision by Chelsea there, I'd say he'll be a top player for a few years yet. Like Mark Kerr in Champ Manager 2001/02.

Only from football though. Only from football.

He's not retiring from being the best guy ever at least. He'll be the best guy ever for many years yet. If not for all time.

Ryan Giggs outlives the entirety of the Class of 92, despite being an academy graduate 2 years earlier. What a freak. It's all that yoga and infidelity.

"Overated, selfish, lazy - and thats being kind He summed up everything that is wrong with football. Oh, and he was rubbish.

Football will be a better place without him"

The opinion of The Shadow, via the comments section of the BBC website. Gay and Proud also said:

"OMG he is so sexy stud. I am very sad Boy now :("

Which doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me, as surely he can be a sexy stud in retirement?