aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Joe Allen was in the Liverpool box for the game last night. I'm not sure about paying 15 million for him.

That means they are paying more for him than Arsenal payed for Santi Cazorla. I know who I'd rather have.

Stupid domestic tax on players.

Joe Allen - £15m

Steven Fletcher - £12m

Stewart Downing - £20m

Emilie Heskey - priceless.

• Upvote 1

it probably won't happen but it would be absolutely hilarious if Hearts beat Lolpool over the two legs in the Europa League...

BSP kicks off tomorrow (well tonight actually due to the tinpot satellite channel who covers the league). I think Cambridge might do quite well this season... then again I always say that only to end up massively disappointed... that's the game we love!!!

I'd love to see Hearts beat Liverpool, and I bloody hate Hearts. I probably hate Liverpool more than anything, though. I hate them more than racism because they *are* racism but with scouse accents, which makes everything worse.

The Rodgers experiment will either be a roaring success or a hilarious calamity. They're quite well-equipped to play "his" football now, I think, but my word, Ray, the ingredients are there for another big mess. A relatively unproven manager playing patient football with loads of sideways/backwards passes for the worst fans in the universe? Ho ho ho...

Borini is an excellent signing, unfortunately. I thought he was great for Roma in the second half of the season and his movement, technique and finishing are all sublime. Allen could be a good role player but are those stupid fans going to be enamoured with an unspectacular, not-particularly-creative CM whose game is based-on short, simple passes? Gerrard's batteries have got to run out soon. Suarez will no-doubt do something epically dumb and fuck everyone else in the league off. I think Reina is a great 'keeper, but he's really error-prone, and that could explode under Rodgers build-from-the-back style. They won't sell Andy Carroll because he's a horrible clogger, and will therefore be forced to play him in a system that doesn't suit his style whenever Suarez/Borini are crocked/suspended/being racist/needing a rest. Agger, clearly their best defender, might fuck-off and leave them with a comedy collection of centre-backs: Coates, Skrtel and CARRAGHER. Johnson will start even though he still hasn't learned how to defend. Enrique will take at least one strop. Downing will be shit. Joe Cole will get a chance "because he's Rodgers' kind of player" before reminding everyone why he doesn't play in the first place.

This could get funny. Again.

Just over 3000 home tickets remaining for the Aberdeen game today, by my calculations on the online ticket thing.

I just did a very rough calculation from each section on the interactive map, there's about 6,000 spare from the home end from what I can see.

Still, there will be plenty of pay at the gaters, perhaps up to 3,000. I know a few folk planning on PatG, and hopefully the decent weather convinces those that were sitting on the fence. Not sure what the County crowd will be, but hopefully they come out in reasonable numbers. Anything above 16,000 has got to be considered a success really.

Can't wait now. COYR!

I cannot believe I can't go to the game this week. Fucking work! I reckon 3-2, get a couple of RC goals as well seeing as their site says they have bought about 850 tickets for the away end. That's a fifth of the population of their town! If that happened for AFC away games, we would have a travelling support of 44,000!

Well that was... Ok. Good crowd and some positives but no idea what formation we were playing in the first half. We certainly seemed unbalanced with no one attacking on the left. Ryan jack, Anderson and Osbourne were stand outs for me though Magennis and Fraser did well when they came on.

Vernon struggled with the hold up role and this seemed the main problem with our attack. Fair okay to county though, they'll be hard to beat thisseason.

Why oh why did Aberdeen persist with that asymmetrical shit for so long? Sign two wingers, play one of them up front and completely ignore one of your flanks. What?! That made zero sense to me. They did a lot better when Magennis came on and the tactics switched to 4-4-2. Completely bewildering decision by Brown to play like that.

Osbourne was quality. Vernon was utter shit. Tokely was a wanker.

• Upvote 2

Don't understand taking jack off either. Best player on the park in the first half. I think Hayes was supposed to be switching wings but he seemed to forget. Not so great debut for him. Very wasteful in possession.

We looked pretty comfortable throughout and county hardly created a single chance but we won't be the only team that draws nil nil with them