aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Do United need a shit ton of new players? Kagawa gives them that piece of creativity in the centre they were missing, Vidic shores the back 4 up again and hopefully the wee mexican gets back on form. If not Welbeck will miss plenty of chances for them all season. Plus they have Valencia, you pretty much only need another 10 people to make up the numbers, he will win the league on his own.

Add a Tiote-type midfielder into the team and you have the most complete starting XI in the league, in my humble.

Add a Tiote-type midfielder into the team and you have the most complete starting XI in the league, in my humble.

Can you imagine, Tiote and Valencia in the same midfield! You wouldnt really need anyone else, maybe Cisse just to make sure you score plenty, infact United should just swap all of their players for Tiote and Cisse, playing alongside Vidic and Valencia. Best 4 player team ever.

Can you imagine, Tiote and Valencia in the same midfield! You wouldnt really need anyone else, maybe Cisse just to make sure you score plenty, infact United should just swap all of their players for Tiote and Cisse, playing alongside Vidic and Valencia. Best 4 player team ever.

Imagine that as a 5s team. Get KAAAAHN in goals and you would be fucking solid.

Think you're underselling United's chances, to be honest, considering City haven't strengthened at all. Think we're in for another incredibly close title battle.

Quite possibly, though it is quite startling how well United have done whilst neglecting what is a very flawed midfield for a good number of years. The last proper central midfielder United bought was Anderson in 2007. Anderson! Kagawa is a good buy, and will fill that gap behind the striker, so Rooney can go back to playing as the striker, where he is best. Powell is making a huge step up. He might make the grade, but its a big ask. Again, he's a very advanced midfield type.

In my opinion, if Berbatov goes (and bearing a mind Owen has gone too), they could probably do with bringing in another striker, though I don't think it will be RVP. A Tiote-esque meathead midfielder is definitely a must if there is still a question-mark above the fitness of Fletcher. Everyone hoped it would be Pogba, but Pogba turned out to be a total cunt. Fuck that guy. I hope Pirlo shatters his confidence to pieces in training with his ridiculous tekkers, and makes him realise he has no future in football.

Also, with Fabio on loan and Zeki Fryers completely AWOL, the only other leftback United have is left winger Tyler Blackett, who has been shoved back there on the current pre-season jaunt. Another left back would be useful, purely for strength in depth, as Fabio is probably his long term replacement.

Quite possibly, though it is quite startling how well United have done whilst neglecting what is a very flawed midfield for a good number of years. The last proper central midfielder United bought was Anderson in 2007. Anderson! Kagawa is a good buy, and will fill that gap behind the striker, so Rooney can go back to playing as the striker, where he is best. Powell is making a huge step up. He might make the grade, but its a big ask. Again, he's a very advanced midfield type.

In my opinion, if Berbatov goes (and bearing a mind Owen has gone too), they could probably do with bringing in another striker, though I don't think it will be RVP. A Tiote-esque meathead midfielder is definitely a must if there is still a question-mark above the fitness of Fletcher. Everyone hoped it would be Pogba, but Pogba turned out to be a total cunt. Fuck that guy. I hope Pirlo shatters his confidence to pieces in training with his ridiculous tekkers, and makes him realise he has no future in football.

Also, with Fabio on loan and Zeki Fryers completely AWOL, the only other leftback United have is left winger Tyler Blackett, who has been shoved back there on the current pre-season jaunt. Another left back would be useful, purely for strength in depth, as Fabio is probably his long term replacement.

Do you need a right-back, per chance? I know just the guy...

• Upvote 1

Do you need a right-back, per chance? I know just the guy...

Bad news - Justin Hoyte has signed a new contract with Middlesbrough so he won't be going to Man Utd for now, at least.

I've got to a point now where I've never heard of the players we're signing. Emmanuel Ledesma? George Friend? Mustapha Carayol? Not a clue. I hope they're not terrible.

I've been hearing back-and-forths about this story for a few weeks. It's ludicrous. I really don't get it. I like Moses, but he's not great. He's very flawed, and very greedy. Don't they have enough greedy wingers who hate passing with Daniel Sturridge? How is he going to get a game ahead of Marin, Hazard, Mata and Sturridge?

I've been hearing back-and-forths about this story for a few weeks. It's ludicrous. I really don't get it. I like Moses, but he's not great. He's very flawed, and very greedy. Don't they have enough greedy wingers who hate passing with Daniel Sturridge? How is he going to get a game ahead of Marin, Hazard, Mata and Sturridge?

Is Sturridge not attempting to claim he's a CF though and that's where he wants to get his gametime? There not exactly loaded with strikers so he probably will as well.

I see people arguing that Mata isn't a winger and that Marin and Hazard play on the same side as each other, but I think Marin will be able to switch over if he's going to get a game for it.

Edit: Oh yeah, Moses is shit.

I see people arguing that Mata isn't a winger and that Marin and Hazard play on the same side as each other, but I think Marin will be able to switch over if he's going to get a game for it.

Edit: Oh yeah, Moses is shit.

I don't think he's shit he just has no final ball because he never looks for it. He just tries to go alone.

It's a bit like Gervinho he can beat people for fun but the final ball is non existent.

And Nani, though he does rack up assists, he'd be the best winger on earth if he looked up now and again, and passed when the pass is available, and not try and cruyff-turn his way through 3 defenders. Probably a good thing United didn't get Moura in the end. United have enough painfully annoying wingers.

More crazy transfer fees. Tidy player he may be but £15 million for Joe Allen? You'd have thought the Liverpool owners would have learned after Dalglish that spending tens of millions on British players was not always the best policy. Should be much better value than Downing Henderson and Carroll at least.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19189499

I just dont get the hype over Nani, i just find him to be the most frustrating player i have ever watched. He could be the worlds best winger, but he always tries one turn too many or shoots from 50/60 yards and it ends up in the Ethiad. The few times he does cross it, he puts a fantastic ball in.

Lets be honest, he is no Valencia, or Johnny Hayes.

Rodgers really wanted him after working with him, and £15million seemed to be his release clause. I do rate him though, but I've never understood why British players cost so much more than technically superior foreign equivalents. Still, I think that's a decent buy for Liverpool, for a change.

More crazy transfer fees. Tidy player he may be but £15 million for Joe Allen? You'd have thought the Liverpool owners would have learned after Dalglish that spending tens of millions on British players was not always the best policy. Should be much better value than Downing Henderson and Carroll at least.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19189499

I thought Liverpool could not sign Swansea players for a year?

I just dont get the hype over Nani, i just find him to be the most frustrating player i have ever watched. He could be the worlds best winger, but he always tries one turn too many or shoots from 50/60 yards and it ends up in the Ethiad. The few times he does cross it, he puts a fantastic ball in.

Lets be honest, he is no Valencia, or Johnny Hayes.

Nobody is Valencia. Except Valencia. I got some Jehovah's Witness junkmail through my door the other day about the second coming of Jesus. He's already here.

Antonio-Valencia-back.jpg

There he is.

• Upvote 1

The way I look at it, is £15m is his value to Swansea rather than his actual value. It's inflated because they don't want to sell.

Same goes for the likes of Chris Brunt at WBA - I know it's not been tested by anyone, but he's club captain and an important player for them. On the face of it is he worth any more than £5-6 million? Probably not. But his value to WBA is such that he would probably command a fee in excess of £10m.

Look at Steven Fletcher FFS - £12m? That's mental.

• Upvote 1

The way I look at it, is £15m is his value to Swansea rather than his actual value. It's inflated because they don't want to sell.

Same goes for the likes of Chris Brunt at WBA - I know it's not been tested by anyone, but he's club captain and an important player for them. On the face of it is he worth any more than £5-6 million? Probably not. But his value to WBA is such that he would probably command a fee in excess of £10m.

Look at Steven Fletcher FFS - £12m? That's mental.

That's 3m less than Barca paid for Thierry Henry!

Seriously though, Fletch is a decent EPL striker, 30 goals in 3 seasons isn't a bad return, especially considering he was playing for bottom of the table teams and got relegated twice. If he was Engish he'd probably go for twice that amount.