aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Personally I dont mind him staying but I also don't mind him going as long as it's out of the EPL and for at least 18-20 million.

He's traveling to Germany now to go through the weeks training camp and then the Cologne game so we'll see what happens after that, I do think he might have a change of heart. Either way he's still Captain at the moment so I'd cheer him anyway he doesn't quite deserve a Nasri when he played his last game for Arsenal.

Jamie LOLfield.

Total clanger.

Ha, yeah, that was fun.

Not hugely impressed by Celtic today, passing was generally poor and it was a largely disjointed performance. We scraped by. Aberdeen looked a lot better than last season, far more organised defensively with Russell there. It'll be interesting to see how Aberdeen look with a few more games under their belt, their movement looked better, playing with actual wingers.

Was pleased with Aberdeen, particularly in the 2nd half. Anderson was really great, and the two wingers look lively. Should have been a 0-0 draw, bar a defensive lapse/goal-keeping blunder, so overall I am satisfied. Should be a good season for Aberdeen (jinx).

Was a shite game, though.

Was pleased with Aberdeen, particularly in the 2nd half. Anderson was really great, and the two wingers look lively. Should have been a 0-0 draw, bar a defensive lapse/goal-keeping blunder, so overall I am satisfied. Should be a good season for Aberdeen (jinx).

Was a shite game, though.

2011/2012 Season. Start : "Good start by the Dons. Should be a good season". End "That was a shit season. Maybe next year".

2010/2011 Season. Start : "Good start by the Dons. Should be a good season". End "That was a shit season. Maybe next year".

2010/2009 Season. Start : "Good start by the Dons. Should be a good season". End "That was a shit season. Maybe next year".

2008/2009 Season. Start : "Good start by the Dons. Should be a good season". End "That was a shit season. Maybe next year".

Etc.

2011/2012 Season. Start : "Good start by the Dons. Should be a good season". End "That was a shit season. Maybe next year".

2010/2011 Season. Start : "Good start by the Dons. Should be a good season". End "That was a shit season. Maybe next year".

2010/2009 Season. Start : "Good start by the Dons. Should be a good season". End "That was a shit season. Maybe next year".

2008/2009 Season. Start : "Good start by the Dons. Should be a good season". End "That was a shit season. Maybe next year".

Etc.

2008/2009 wasn't bad. Finished 4th.

2009/2010 was a terrible start. Got pumped 8-1 by Sigma.

As a total neutral not really caring who wins, I was surprised how well Aberdeen did. I thought they were the better team, and didn't look overly troubled. A little lack of cohesion amongst the forwards though, but had the better of the ball.

I like the look of that Kenyan lad for Celtic, Wanyama. He's hard as nails. I hear some PL clubs are after him too. He loves to get stuck in. Painfully one footed though. Got caught out by trying to pass the ball with the outside of his only foot. No excuse for that.

I don't usually watch SPL, but it was just great news that some live competitive club football was on the telly, I just had to watch. Fun goal.

Ha, yeah, that was fun.

Not hugely impressed by Celtic today, passing was generally poor and it was a largely disjointed performance. We scraped by. Aberdeen looked a lot better than last season, far more organised defensively with Russell there. It'll be interesting to see how Aberdeen look with a few more games under their belt, their movement looked better, playing with actual wingers.

Celtic? We? GETDAFUCKOUTTAHEEEEEEEERE

I thought the dons looked solid yesterday, we were never going to be a huge attacking threat but we offered as much going forward as Celtic did. Anderson and Osbourne really impressed me, both defended well and were composed enough to take a touch rather than just punt it constantly. There is no accounting for the goal but shit happens, Clangers had a decent enough game up to that point.

Someone tweeted "Die Clangers" to him. What a knob.

Yes, he's a bit of a shite keeper, but he's our shite keeper, and no-one deserves that. Hope the lad who did it gets a lifetime ban as the club are aware of it.

Even shitter that Jamie Langfield isn't long back from a long absence due to that brain seizure he had. He actually could have died. The nasty tweeter should get taken down to the harbour and punted off the edge.

Dundee United looked really good today against a very poor hibs it has to be said though.

So pleased we've held on to Johnny Russell, I reckon this will probably be his last United season (if he makes it past January). Mackail Steven was great as well, he'll be poached before long sadly.

Looking forward to seeing us against some of the better teams!

Dundee United looked really good today against a very poor hibs it has to be said though.

So pleased we've held on to Johnny Russell, I reckon this will probably be his last United season (if he makes it past January). Mackail Steven was great as well, he'll be poached before long sadly.

Looking forward to seeing us against some of the better teams!

Great players. What contracts are they on? A friend of mine observed last season that Sportscene was becoming 40 minutes of shite and 5 minutes of Mackail Steven.

It's "Mackay-Steven", not Mackail. Sorry.

Sportscene is just terrible. The commentator for the Ross County game was awful (a woman lads, on a football show?). "The ball in from Vigurs was met by Brittain who put the ball wide" - no, it wasn't a ball in, it was a five yard pass inside to Brittain, outside the box no less, who took a touch or two before having a shot. AWFUL.

The cameras not catching the St Mirren red card offence was bad, too. That show could be so much better - having manager interviews post-highlights for a start, like on MotD - but generally the highlights packages are not comprehensive and the chat afterwards is laughable.

It's "Mackay-Steven", not Mackail. Sorry.

Sportscene is just terrible. The commentator for the Ross County game was awful (a woman lads, on a football show?). "The ball in from Vigurs was met by Brittain who put the ball wide" - no, it wasn't a ball in, it was a five yard pass inside to Brittain, outside the box no less, who took a touch or two before having a shot. AWFUL.

The cameras not catching the St Mirren red card offence was bad, too. That show could be so much better - having manager interviews post-highlights for a start, like on MotD - but generally the highlights packages are not comprehensive and the chat afterwards is laughable.

My apologies.

I too was shaking my head at that piece of commentary. I thought it was a bit like Pro Ev or Fifa where there are certain programmed soundbites that don't always make sense.

I think that 45 minutes is probably enough to sum up an SPL weekend but it could certainly be done better. The BBC interview all managers for the radio afterwards. Can they not just take a video camera? They might miss something as quality as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_kNwsui1JY

Exactly! I mean, seriously, Scottish football needs to engage with fans on all levels much better. At the moment we have fans across Scotland in a pretty receptive state, an excitement about this season (sans Rangers), that just hasn't existed in my recent memory. I think the BBC do an excellent job with their radio coverage, but their TV part really feels like it's more of an afterthought than anything else. Paul 'squeeky' Mitchell is an abhorrent commentator, also. Get Richard Gordon back presenting and stick Rob McLean and Liam McLeod in the commentary positions.

Get the highlights on a Saturday night, too! There's always chat about how the Scottish game is and has drifted far away from the English game of recent times - which is true - but when kids can sit at home and watch eight games from the English Premier League on a Saturday night, why would they care about then watching a thrilling 0-0 draw between St Mirren and Ross County, or whatever? Notwithstanding the fact the show is probably on after their bedtime on a Sunday night when they have school in the morning.

• Upvote 1

I read on givemefootball.com that these are the fastest footballers in the Premier League:

Top Ten Fastest Footballers

1 – Theo Walcott – 22.72mph

2 – Sol Campbell – 22.50mph

3 – Mari Balotelli – 22.37mph

4 – Gareth Bale – 22.37mph

5 – Ashley Cole – 22.37mph

6 - Chris Smalling – 22.37mph

7 – Jack Wilshere – 22.35mph

8 – Fernando Torres – 22.27mph

9 - Didier Drogba – 22.27mph

10 – Andy Carroll – 22.24mph

And nowhere to be seen…

Cristiano Ronaldo – 20.87mph

Arjen Robben – 20.44mph

Wayne Rooney – 20.25mph

Robin van Persie – 19.94mph

ANDY CARROLL? CHRIS SMALLING?

No Antonio Valencia? I thought he was the fastest man on the planet?

I read on givemefootball.com that these are the fastest footballers in the Premier League:

ANDY CARROLL? CHRIS SMALLING?

No Antonio Valencia? I thought he was the fastest man on the planet?

SOL CAMPBELL.

Crazy list. I remember reading a similar article in a major national newspaper that tried to claim Danny Simpson is the world's fastest right-back. Silly newspaper, Danny Simpson isn't the best at anything. Except being shit.

• Upvote 1

Danny Simpson to you seems to be what John O'Shea used to be for me. You've really got it in for that tattooed little scruff! I've always quite liked him. I didn't want him to leave United, and when United played Newcastle both times last season he seemed to be responsible for a few goal line clearances, the little shit.