aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Danny Simpson to you seems to be what John O'Shea used to be for me. You've really got it in for that tattooed little scruff! I've always quite liked him. I didn't want him to leave United, and when United played Newcastle both times last season he seemed to be responsible for a few goal line clearances, the little shit.

I actually rate Simpson, he's not world class but most clubs midtable could do a lot worse.

• Upvote 2

He is the worst player. Not quite as bad as Stephen Carr was for us, but not far off it. It's so weird that people seem to rate him so highly! I can only imagine it's because he's English and playing in an overachieving team. I'd honestly rather play James Perch, he's a better footballer than Danny Backpedal.

We've had some horrendous RBs over the years though. In my lifetime, Warren Barton and Habib Beye (first season mainly, his second was a bit ropey) are the only two RBs I can remember being satisfied with. LB has been pretty bad too. Celestine Babayaro, my God...

Incredible signing for Arsenal. Been pretty impressed with Wenger's dealings this summer. Early too, for a change. Desperately need a left back though...

Looks like they're still pretty keen on Nuri Sahin too, which seems odd to me unless they can ship Diaby or Rosicky out. Heard a rumour that Alex Song was linked with Barcelona, too, so maybe there's some truth in that?

Left back? I thought Gibbs looked pretty good towards the end of last season and Santos is there for some marauding Brazilian madness when he needs a rest. It's right back I'm worried about. Sagna is top class when he's not injured but I dont think he'll be back till October so it's either Coquelin who is a great talent but is really a midfielder or Jenkinson who isn't ready for that level yet.

Sahin coming in would be great. Wilshere isn't back till at least October, Diaby is an injury waiting to happen and Rosicky is injured just now so probably out a few weeks. It could mean Ramsey going out on loan to another EPL club which i'm fine with, he needs as much game time as he can after that leg snap.

I hope the Song thing is rubbish, his deal is running out though. He's a great player I hope they can re sign him, through some of RVPs left over wages at him if he goes.

If they can somehow keep Gibbs fit then i wouldnt be worried about a left back and i really like Jenkinson, he had a torrid start last season, but he really was just dropped into the first team when he wasnt ready, i think he will be a top player in a few years time.

Sahin would be an amazing signing especially with Wilshire out, Rosicky always injured and Diaby....well the less said the better. I would keep Ramsey and push him more into the first team right now, i think he will be an amazing player.

Gibbs is too lightweight IMO, and Santos is a liability defensively. He looked truly awful against a Hong Kong team in a game a week or two ago.

I don't think Gibbs is lightweight if he can actually stay fit. He's not the tiniest left back and he's a good tackler as can be seen from his champions league saving tackle in the last game of the season.

A versatile defender would be useful still, a Djorou replacement, someone who can comfortably play CB and RB.

I'd happily swap Ramsey for a solid defensive midfielder. Then you can play Song instead of Ramsey in CM and have a real DM that wont go on romps forward. Nigel De Jong would be perfect, he's entering the last year of his deal and only started 11 EPL matches last year.

De Jong is a cunt, but he's good. He's better than Gareth fucking Barry. He's the best at slide tackling, but he's an angry little man who somtimes likes to leave a leg in, or leave a leg too high, say, chest high, and blooter someone right in the lungs. United could also do with that sort of player.

Looks like United aren't getting Moura as filthy rich PSG have made a HYOWGE bid, so that'll be that. There's no way Fergie is going to get into a bidding war with a team funded by overwhelming amounts of money, for a player who is completely unproven. He looks like he could be excellent, but there's no way of knowing, and anything above around £22million seems like it could be a huge risk.

It's a shame he's not getting games at City. Not sure why Barry is ahead of him. I totally hate De Jong, but if United bought him, I'd probably love him and his leg-breaking ways. He needs to play.

Central midfielder has to be top priority, but is somehow being overlooked. United currently have Carrick who can play every week. Anderson is a fat cunt and Cleverley is made of glass. Fletcher is starting to make a return, but that is realistically many months away. Giggs and Scholes are probably in the last year of their career now, and still can't really be played every week. So, Carrick is the talisman. Carrick! He's a decent player who has had ups and downs, but he's nothing more than just decent. United need a total hard bastard who can also play a bit too. Or they should make a cheeky £12million bid for the out-of-favour Kaka. I bet he's still got some goals in him

Kaka is more of an attacking mid though and surely that's what Kagawa was bought for.

Been reading this morning that Barca have left Tello out of the 25 man squad and that Tito doesn't rate him and might sell him? That seems odd, he got a good number of games last year and looks a talent.

Kagawa was bought for that. Kagawa is the only player United have of that ilk. Woudn't hurt to have a fat, out of favour, past-it Kaka on the bench to curl in a screamer and point to Jesus now and again. Would still need a hard bastard too. Would rather United bought a couple more midfielders than buy Moura. Especially as buying Moura seems to be sending out rumours that Nani is on his way out, and Nani is ace. If anyone should be gone, it's Ashley Young, who is toss. Use the Moura money to buy midfielders and give Nani a new contract.

Berbatov is so great when he wants to be, especially when he gets plenty of support. He's rubbish up top on his own, He should be playing behind the main man, flicking the ball around like a Harlem Globetrotter.

I don't think United will get anyone now. I imagine they'll stick with Kagawa and Powell. I don't think that will win them the league, but I didn't think they've even have a chance after they lost Vidic last season, but they lost it by a whisker. Who knows. Football is stupid.

Moura is off to PSG in January. What a little pecker.

Berbatov is so great when he wants to be, especially when he gets plenty of support. He's rubbish up top on his own, He should be playing behind the main man, flicking the ball around like a Harlem Globetrotter.

I don't think United will get anyone now. I imagine they'll stick with Kagawa and Powell. I don't think that will win them the league, but I didn't think they've even have a chance after they lost Vidic last season, but they lost it by a whisker. Who knows. Football is stupid.

Moura is off to PSG in January. What a little pecker.

Think you're underselling United's chances, to be honest, considering City haven't strengthened at all. Think we're in for another incredibly close title battle.

Do United need a shit ton of new players? Kagawa gives them that piece of creativity in the centre they were missing, Vidic shores the back 4 up again and hopefully the wee mexican gets back on form. If not Welbeck will miss plenty of chances for them all season. Plus they have Valencia, you pretty much only need another 10 people to make up the numbers, he will win the league on his own.