aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

He wasn't just going to stand there with the ball in his hands though. He probably would have thrown it to one of his own players if Bertrand hadn't been trying to snatch it off him. I would have thought it would have to be a little more prolonged to be considered time wasting.

LOL for the save though. Did they say why Hart isn't playing? This guy hasn't ever looked good when I've seen him play.

Ian black called into the Scotland squad. total joke.

Disgrace. How many games did the guy play for Caley and Hearts without a cap? Soon as he signs for a div 3 team he gets called up.

Surely to fuck there's someone playing against SPL or Championship opposition every week who'd be a better pick?

• Upvote 1

On the Rodwell deal, I can see what City are doing - he replaces the Hargreaves/Pizarro role from last year in that they need a bit of cover in the midfield - probably seen as a long-term replacement for Gareth Barry and would have arguably cost more than £15m if he had a good season with Everton this season. Furthermore, he is a 'home-grown' Englishman to tick a box in their squad list.

The deal also works for Everton because £15m for a team with nae money is a good return.

Good business by Everton. Moyes will be itching to spend the £2million of that money that he is given. The rest goes towards re-varnishing the wooden seats at Goodison.

They should have just signed Pizzaro on the cheap instead. I've actually not seen Rodwell do much to warrant the pricetag. I think Joe Allen for £15million is much more worthy, as he's shown that he's a good player with alot of technique. City have been linked with Martinez and De Rossi all summer, so I assume Rodwell coming in means those deals are out of the window. Martinez would have been a good buy, as he can also play centre back, and next in line for that position is the woeful Savic.

The biggest offender I can think of was when William Gallas, a defender, wore the number 10, an attacking number. UNCOOL.

I hate it when first choice keepers don't wear #1. Fuck Joe Hart and Pepe Reina. I bet they've had the choice to have the #1 shirt at some point. Dicks.

Bale's not a full back anymore. Get that 3 off him. 11 or die.

• Upvote 1

The biggest offender I can think of was when William Gallas, a defender, wore the number 10, an attacking number. UNCOOL.

I hate it when first choice keepers don't wear #1. Fuck Joe Hart and Pepe Reina. I bet they've had the choice to have the #1 shirt at some point. Dicks.

Bale's not a full back anymore. Get that 3 off him. 11 or die.

Bale's been wearing number 9 in pre season. Spuds still only have 1 senior striker as well at the moment, Levy needs to get the finger out a sign someone.

It annoys me that Santos wears number 11 as well at full back, it's just madness.

Squad numbers are a funny one for me. I think it's cool for a left full-back to wear #11 - cos Spain do that - but I find it totally unacceptable when a right full back sports the #7 (Igancio Abate at the EUROs. Mind you, he's more a "wing-back"). I love a #5 in midfield to. #4 and #6 at CB, 5 in Midfield. Cool. That's how Aberdeen have it now too. Cool.

Moreover, Bale still wearing #3? Fuck that shit. Fuck him wearing #9 also, that should never be assigned to anyone other than a striker.

I guess I don't really know what I think. Did Boulharouz not wear #9 when he was at Chelsea? That's even worse than Gallas wearing #10.

EDIT: Gyan can fuck off with his #3 bollocks too.

I think a striker can sport any number from 7-11 (with 8 as an exception, but still acceptable), but no-one other than a striker should ever wear #9. Central midfielders can wear 4, 5, 6, 8 or 10. Never should they wear 7 or 9. It annoys me a bit when wingers wear 10. Scotland always do that. Full-backs should really stick to 2 or 3, but 6 is ok for a LB, coz of Brazil.