aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I don't know if anyone has been following the Serie A transfers but AC Milan look shiiiiiit. Nesta, Silva, Zlatan, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Van Bommel, Zambrotta and Aquilani are all gone. This will probably be their first XI: Abbiati; Abate, Zapata, Mexes, Mesbah; Nocerino, Ambrosini, Montolivo; Boateng; Cassano, Pato. JESUS. That defence is minging enough, but if one of them gets crocked it'll mean games for such excellent players as Mario Yepes and Daniele Bonera...

Fiorentina, on the other hand, have done excellent business. Aquilani, Borja Valero, David Pizzaro (who I have a massive footballing man-crush), Juan Cuadrado, Mattia Cassani, Matias Fernandez, Gonzalo Rodriguez and Emiliano Viviano all in. They've lost Montolivo (who is pretty average anyway), Behrami and Gamberini, but that's pretty much it. Really, really good team.

Juventus, of course, have added some excellent players in Lucio, Asamoah, Isla, Giovinco (full-time) and Caceres (full-time) and will probably get a new LB and striker before the season starts. Inter have bought Guarian, Silvestre, Palacio and Handanovic to give them a pretty exciting side on-paper. Roma have signed about 400 players and now have the man from my avatar back in the dugout. Napoli lost Lavezzi but added quality in key areas.

Some excellent players have left Italy this summer but I'm really looking forward to the season.

• Upvote 1

Saw that. What does 'banned' actually mean? Banned from being in charge of an Italian club? Or just banned from being involved in football?

Will Juve keep him on and let his assistant take charge until the ten months are up?

Suspended from being involved in football for 10 months. I would imagnie Juve will keep him on, the charges relate to something that happened years ago, nothing questioned about his time with Juve.

Johnson would be ace in a back five as the right wing-back. Not enough teams play three centre-backs nowadays. Excellent formation.

GK

CB - SW - CB

RWB----------------LWB

MC - MC

AMC

FW ----- FW

= DOMINATION

Clearly when in posession, the sweeper steps into the 'holding' role in front of the centre backs. Deep lying playmaker if you will.

FOOTBALL IS BACK