aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I see the red tops are whining and calling it a disgrace that the Welsh players didn't sing the anthem before the game. Same with the two Scottish ladies who didn't sing it the day before. Calling them un-british and so on.

Why? It's up to them if they sing the words they stood there and showed respect that's all you can ask.

You don't see them complaining when Rooney doesn't sing the anthem for England or when Gary Neville used to not sing. They don't call them un-English.

Just a quote from another forum i go on,

Dean Windass offers to come out of retirement to play for Rangers

Former Hull City hero Dean Windass has offered to play for Glasgow Rangers next season.

The 43-year-old, who played SPL football for Aberdeen nearly 20 years ago, says he is willing to come out of retirement to play for Rangers in the Scottish third division.

Former Wales international Robbie Savage has also offered his services for free to assist Rangers boss Ally McCoist who is looking for new recruits following his club's shock demotion to the lowest tier of Scottish football.

Windass, who has been treated for depression in the last six months after attempting suicide, retired three years ago and was briefly assistant manager at Darlington.

Last season he played for Scarborough Athletic in the Northern East Counties Premier Division.

He said: 'Rangers are still a massive club and I loved playing against them when I was in Scotland for Aberdeen, and always had a good time with the fans at Ibrox.

Ill ask the source, but it doesnt read like a made up thing.

I see the red tops are whining and calling it a disgrace that the Welsh players didn't sing the anthem before the game. Same with the two Scottish ladies who didn't sing it the day before. Calling them un-british and so on.

Why? It's up to them if they sing the words they stood there and showed respect that's all you can ask.

You don't see them complaining when Rooney doesn't sing the anthem for England or when Gary Neville used to not sing. They don't call them un-English.

It's ace when players belt out the anthems, like Buffon was doing at the Euros. I don't care if someone doesnt sing it though. It's a pretty crappy Anthem anyway.

The Sun had definitely picked up on Rooney not singing the anthem in previous years though. He then said in an interview it was because he didn't know the words. Classic Wayne.

got my season ticket at the 2-0 defeat against Ipswich the other day, they brought a strong side Chopra scored both goals (maybe he has found his level!), we held our own quite well against a championship side.

Olympic footy tomorrow at Coventry, Mexico v Gabon then Switzerland v South Korea then a charity match at the Abbey Monday night, organized by the great Dion Dublin... DJ Spoony is playing I kid you not!!!

I am confused.

Currently Rangers Newco are playing competitive football wearing the Rangers Oldco football strip.

Because the team are playing in the Ramsdens cup, this means the team playing must be members of the scottish football league. Which as I understand, rangers Newco had applied and received a temporary membership for. But if they are playing this game under the name Rangers and wearing the Oldco strip, then the sfl membership must have been granted to Oldco and not the Newco. This would also mean that all players have been registered to Oldco and not Newco to be allowed to play. So what then happens when the Oldco are sent into liquidation at the end of the month? Does that mean that another space will open up in division 3 to take Oldco rangers place?

Of course I am taking the piss here. But it is a disgrace that this Newco is allowed to wear the old clubs strip and effectively trade under their name. The sfa are a total bunch of bastards who have bent over backwards to allow this ghost team to play. I hope someone makes some complaints as I am sure all these players couldn't have been registered in time from Friday night at 9pm to a 3pm kick off today.

Sfa need to clear up this fucking mess asap.

I am confused.

Currently Rangers Newco are playing competitive football wearing the Rangers Oldco football strip.

Because the team are playing in the Ramsdens cup, this means the team playing must be members of the scottish football league. Which as I understand, rangers Newco had applied and received a temporary membership for. But if they are playing this game under the name Rangers and wearing the Oldco strip, then the sfl membership must have been granted to Oldco and not the Newco. This would also mean that all players have been registered to Oldco and not Newco to be allowed to play. So what then happens when the Oldco are sent into liquidation at the end of the month? Does that mean that another space will open up in division 3 to take Oldco rangers place?

Of course I am taking the piss here. But it is a disgrace that this Newco is allowed to wear the old clubs strip and effectively trade under their name. The sfa are a total bunch of bastards who have bent over backwards to allow this ghost team to play. I hope someone makes some complaints as I am sure all these players couldn't have been registered in time from Friday night at 9pm to a 3pm kick off today.

Sfa need to clear up this fucking mess asap.

I think this is how everyone feels - but really, what did you think the newco would do? Give themselves a completely separate name? Play in orange? It's not that difficult to see why they're still using the same name and the same kit.

I agree though that the SFA is clearly morally bankrupt in allowing Rangers to flaunt this so effortlessly. This clearly is not a new team, this is Rangers with a clean slate.

I think this is how everyone feels - but really, what did you think the newco would do? Give themselves a completely separate name? Play in orange? It's not that difficult to see why they're still using the same name and the same kit.

I agree though that the SFA is clearly morally bankrupt in allowing Rangers to flaunt this so effortlessly. This clearly is not a new team, this is Rangers with a clean slate.

They can play in blue and they can play under a name loosely called Rangers, this I don't give a fuck about.

But wearing the old strip is an admission this isn't a new club at all, they have 5 stars on this strip for fuck sake. As far I know you can't win 50 titles in 90 mins of football history.

I'm interested to know if Umbro and Tennants are paying new or Oldco for their sponsorships also.