aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I think it's just Newcastle fans who hate him because he was an arsehole in their relegation season, then seemed to suggest he was too good to play for a relegated team. Liverpool fans hated him for a little bit because he went to United. But that didn't last long. They found someone else to hate pretty quickly. The American owners, Roy Hodgson, Patrice Evra etc.

He's still a United legend because he scuffed that shot in past Shay Given in the 23rd minute of stoppage time.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't seem to like football any more. He was captain of Newcastle during the relegation yet hardly did anything a captain should do. He won't go to teams that aren't in the top four even though he would get more playing time, he seems happy to sit on the bench all the time instead of actually playing. I would only ever be happy doing that for Newcastle (once I had secured my financial future.) He thinks he is a lot better than he is.

• Upvote 1

He's not captain material. He's too quiet and soft. He's also come out and said he'll retire if he can't sign for a Premier League club. Dick. He's a good finisher, but he's a limited player now he's lost his pace. He'll be a good impact player if he can stay fit, but he's not going to win games on his own anymore. He should sign for a mid table PL team or a Championship club if he really wants to play football. Maybe he could even go to Celtic, and win trophies and score a buttload of goals?

He doesn't seem to like football any more. He was captain of Newcastle during the relegation yet hardly did anything a captain should do. He won't go to teams that aren't in the top four even though he would get more playing time, he seems happy to sit on the bench all the time instead of actually playing. I would only ever be happy doing that for Newcastle (once I had secured my financial future.) He thinks he is a lot better than he is.

I saw him say recently that he's not interested in moving to anywhere that isn't the Premiership. I really don't think he's good enough for the Premiership anymore. Unless he can find a bottom end team like a Southampton willing to pay him to play for 60 minutes 15 times a season and score 3 goals all year.

I can see where he is coming from, he made his money playing for a second rate Liverpool, warming the bench mostly at Real and on the injury table at Newcastle. He went to Man United and won like 4 trophies, he would rather collect some medals than play for a struggling team, i can see the logic behind that. He doesnt need to earn the money, he has played a lot of football in his time, and anyway, clearly his body couldnt handle a full season of playing. Why not end your career winning a few things. Plus even now, in the 18 yard box he is deadly, as deadly as anyone. Play for one of the bigger teams and there is more chances coming his way, which means more goals.

Its not really his fault he didnt play more at United, clearly he was brought in to cover the strikers nothing more, and he did that well enough, when fit he still looks the part. He was ruined at Liverpool when he was a kid, i just think its very harsh to have a go at the guy now, when he probably took about 2/3 seasons off his career trying to play when he wasnt fit enough.

He didn't do it that well though, as he was always injured. Injured from not playing. He missed almost all of last season through injury. It was just one after another, despite not even playing. It makes you wonder if he really was incapable of playing through injury, or if he didn't want to play through a little niggle of pain, but that's just speculation.

I think his spell at Newcastle is enough of a reason to dislike him, and generally just his attitude towards taking a step down into the Championship or SPL. He's done nothing for 5 or 6 years to warrant believing he should be playing at the highest level only.

He only won two medals at United. He won a Carling Cup medal, but he deserved that. He played in the final and scored the equaliser. It's difficult whether or not he earned a Premier League medal. He played more than 10 games, which is the qualifier. He scored an important equaliser, and also assisted the winner in a game I can't remember.

I don't really have anything bad to say about his time at United, but at Newcastle he acted like a bit of a prissy cunt, and is doing so again now he's a free agent.

I have to say Owen is being a bit arrogant refusing to drop down to the Championship. He should just swallow his pride and start playing for a team who are actually going to play him when he's fit and if that is a Championship team then so be it. A move to Celtic could be pretty good for him but it's in his head he's still an EPL player and that is that. The fact he can afford to retire if need be suggests he has earned more than enough money!!!

I reckon he might end up at someone like Stoke, Villa or Everton meself.

A left back too. Fabio's on loan. Fryers looks like he's gone. There's nobody else who can play left back. Jonny Evans played there once. Jonny Evans. Jonny. Evans. He's an ok centre back at best, but he's no John O'Shea jack of all trades type.

It's shit how cheap Jordi Alba went to Barca for.

Although it was followed up a little later with:

I actually wouln't be too disappointed if he left and we replaced him with a more natural wife forward. In Pardew's system he's always going to play second fiddle to Papiss, so he'll be punted out wide which doesn't really suit him. He was good in that role, don't get me wrong, but I think we'd be much more effective without a left-sided target man.

Also, Michael Owen is a scum-sucking piece of shit. I won't hear otherwise. Football is a mercenary profession. I have no problem whatsoever with players who move for money. That's not why I dislike Owen: I dislike him because he's an awful professional. We made him captain in our darkest hour, and he was completely useless in the last six months of that season. Absolutely hated watching the fucking little twat trudge his overpaid, over-privileged arse around the pitch like a man who didn't give a fuck about his employers going down the shitter. He was the captain and apparently our top striker, and he completely gave-up just like other gutless cowards like Damien Duff and Nicky Butt.

I hate him because he shat all over my football team. I can understand why most people don't really give a shit about him, but I've never met a Newcastle fan with a good word to say of him. Fuck him, wherever he ends up. Hope he fails colossally.

• Upvote 2