aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

the statement is that Dundee will be promoted and the SPL, SFA and SFL will work around rangers being in div3 for next season, which probably means a reconstruction during next season to shoehorn them back up to an SPL2 or expanded SPL for the season after.

That's what my money's on. Next season they'll put out some SPL2 pish and Rangers will get an automatic bye into it.

Tell ya though, if they do have to work their way back up the divisions it's going to be a very long time before they're back at the level they were at. It's not going to be a Rangers full of superstars pumping teams 7 or 8 nil every week, it's going to be a Rangers full of youngsters and guys well past their prime and they're going to have to build a new team every season. Provided they do go straight up 3 times, when they reach the SPL they're not going to automatically have a team capable of pushing for the title, and players of the calibre they're used to won't sign unless they're guaranteed Champions League football. I reckon it could take another couple of seasons in the SPL before they're back at the business end.

Of course, this is all moot because they'll get fast-tracked back to the SPL in a season or two anyway.

Rangers wont have a transer embargo for next season, its just not possible, they dont have any players, there is no way they can expect them to accept this with their current squad. I dont really see the point in it anyway, yes relegation is not a punishment as such, but at the same time, at what point do we all say, ok enough is enough, let them re-build and get on with things?

The thing to remember here as well is there will be quite a few fringe SPL players that will jump at the chance of joining Rangers in the 3rd division, its going to be a great ride if they are successful, already players like Craig Beatie, Ian Black and Kevin Kyle have said they would play 3rd division football for Rangers, these players may not excite many in the SPL but at that level they will be superstars.

But as Lucky says it wont matter, for 2013/14 Rangers will be back in the SPL, or whatever incarnation we have by then.

It's not often I welcome back an old player but was dead chuffed we re-signed Robbie Willmott today after 18 months at Luton. We sold him for 50k and got him back for nothing, one of our own came through the youth system, has lost his way a bit but at 22 still young enough to make an impact, I look forward to him darting down the right wing! Reckons he could have got double his wages elsewhere an all. Actually going down that dangerous path of being relatively optimistic about the new season. Squad looking much better than last season and the kids we were forced to play at times when injuries and suspensions kicked in post-christmas are now more experienced. Of course that will all probably be shattered come October but hey its good to dream of Midweek Johnstone Paint Trophy ties away at Chesterfield!!!

First pre season Saturday away at Cambridge City.... bring it on!

Originally Posted by HARTHILL_GER View Post

Absolutely disgusting

Originally Posted by blair_omnibus View Post

You say that like you're surprised.

Scum v Scum.

Originally Posted by EK Billy Boy View Post

Scumbags. So much for slur awex being a bear.

Originally Posted by Sam_English View Post

A benefit match for a total thug ?

Originally Posted by d505 View Post

You can be sure The Sheep will be out in their hordes

And nothing to do with "sporting Integrity" it will be to put two fingers up at us and unfortunately Durranty.

Originally Posted by Ianbrfc View Post

This makes me sick. Simpson is the scum of the earth and anyone that goes along to this game is no better.

Originally Posted by berkshiretrueblue View Post

Pretty much sums up both clubs for me; the filth of the North East versus the Filth of manchester.

Originally Posted by devondave1873 View Post

It will be a sell out, unlike the testimonial they had for long serving club captain Stewart McKimmie v then EPL champions Blackburn Rovers which I reckon was about 6,000.

Originally Posted by godrup99 View Post

Thats nice for them

One last hurrah before the reality of no Rangers kicks in and adminstration chaps at the door.

They profess to love scotland so much but will turn out in their thousands top honour the man who wasted one of scotlands brightest ever talents. Fcking idiots.

Originally Posted by 9inaROW89/97 View Post

Subhuman scum, times like this a nuclear device would be handy

Originally Posted by broomhouse_loyal View Post

No one would even know who this no-mark was if it wasn't for that assault on Durranty!!

Originally Posted by AppleBear1976 View Post

i just wish Abergreen would hurry up and die.,....

scumbags is to good a word for them

Originally Posted by womble 3 View Post

Scumbags

Originally Posted by PRW View Post

be a shame if it was disturbed.

Originally Posted by tauntonbear View Post

Hopefully there will be career threatening injuries all over the pitch.

Originally Posted by Mark Hateley View Post

Is the benefit for poor Neil to do with him having a terminal illness per chance?

Originally Posted by markyrfc View Post

Benefit?

Jesus wept. Scum

You just know which song will be sung loudest, even when he's nowhere near it

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by HARTHILL_GER View Post

Absolutely disgusting

Originally Posted by blair_omnibus View Post

You say that like you're surprised.

Scum v Scum.

Originally Posted by EK Billy Boy View Post

Scumbags. So much for slur awex being a bear.

Originally Posted by Sam_English View Post

A benefit match for a total thug ?

Originally Posted by d505 View Post

You can be sure The Sheep will be out in their hordes

And nothing to do with "sporting Integrity" it will be to put two fingers up at us and unfortunately Durranty.

Originally Posted by Ianbrfc View Post

This makes me sick. Simpson is the scum of the earth and anyone that goes along to this game is no better.

Originally Posted by berkshiretrueblue View Post

Pretty much sums up both clubs for me; the filth of the North East versus the Filth of manchester.

It will be a sell out, unlike the testimonial they had for long serving club captain Stewart McKimmie v then EPL champions Blackburn Rovers which I reckon was about 6,000.

Originally Posted by godrup99 View Post

Thats nice for them

One last hurrah before the reality of no Rangers kicks in and adminstration chaps at the door.

They profess to love scotland so much but will turn out in their thousands top honour the man who wasted one of scotlands brightest ever talents. Fcking idiots.

Originally Posted by 9inaROW89/97 View Post

Subhuman scum, times like this a nuclear device would be handy

Originally Posted by broomhouse_loyal View Post

No one would even know who this no-mark was if it wasn't for that assault on Durranty!!

Originally Posted by AppleBear1976 View Post

i just wish Abergreen would hurry up and die.,....

scumbags is to good a word for them

Originally Posted by womble 3 View Post

Scumbags

Originally Posted by PRW View Post

be a shame if it was disturbed.

Originally Posted by tauntonbear View Post

Hopefully there will be career threatening injuries all over the pitch.

Originally Posted by Mark Hateley View Post

Is the benefit for poor Neil to do with him having a terminal illness per chance?

Originally Posted by markyrfc View Post

Benefit?

Jesus wept. Scum

You just know which song will be sung loudest, even when he's nowhere near it

I love that they hate us :D