aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

It's Gary Naismith.

Jesus he must be about a hundred by now.

The papers today reckon Rangers might get stripped of a few of their titles. I know they won them unfairly, but anyone else starting to feel that they're maybe being treated a little bit too harshly? Liquidated, punted into Division 3, fined, transfer embargo - surely that's sufficient punishment by now.

Jesus he must be about a hundred by now.

The papers today reckon Rangers might get stripped of a few of their titles. I know they won them unfairly, but anyone else starting to feel that they're maybe being treated a little bit too harshly? Liquidated, punted into Division 3, fined, transfer embargo - surely that's sufficient punishment by now.

They cheated to win those trophies, so take them away.

I'm confoosed - Rangers no longer exist - it's the 'newco' - hence punted to Division 3. So I don't see how the 'newco' can be stripped of titles won by previous Rangers - surely these trophies belong to 'newco' as transferred assets but technically have not been won by 'newco' so they are consigned to history? Also, I don't see how the transfer embargo applied to old Rangers can be carried to the 'newco'.

This is like Terminator, what if John Connor wasn't born confusing...

Right, Newco has yet to be punished. They have entered the 3rd Division because they are a new club. Albeit, unfairly because no other clubs were allowed to apply...

But why should Newco be punished? They're a completely seperate entity from the old Rangers. Technically the Newco hasn't done anything wrong.

But why should Newco be punished? They're a completely seperate entity from the old Rangers. Technically the Newco hasn't done anything wrong.

Newco are only getting entry to SFA/SFL on the back of the history/accounts of Rangers. As such they have to accept all liability for previous fines/bans/general shittery Rangers did. If they don't accept this they would have to gain entrance to SFA/SFL on their own merit which they would fail as they don't have 3 years of accounts to fall back on.

The bigger question is how they were allowed to use Rangers accounts, when Rangers filed incorrect accounts last year.

• Upvote 1