aberdeen-music

The Real Booze Thread

ca_gere

I'd recommend that, before buying any bottles of Jeremiah Weed, don't buy any bottles of Jeremiah Weed. Foul stuff. The Sour Mash one was sort of ok though I wouldn't have it again. The Root Brew one was grim as fuck. I couldn't finish it.

What kind of poof are you? Are you Jake in disguise? Get it down you!!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This thread was good.

Was served this last night. Was lovely.

our_beers_UJ.png

Also Goose Island Summertime is great. I normally drink their IPA but seeing as the weather was nice I tried this. No weird flavours, just really refreshing... which is what a summer drink should be i suppose.

summertime.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone on here ever had a pickleback shot? It's a shot of whisky followed by a shot of pickle juice. Sounds disgusting but tastes amazing. If it's a good brine with lots of flavour and a good whisky the two compliment each other perfectly. A homemade version would just be to pour some of the brine from a jar of gherkins. Try it.

I was introduced to this drink recently by a good friend who loves/knows his booze. He absolutely swears by this drink. If im not drinking beer or wine, this has replaced a whisky sour as my go to 'cocktail'.

I haven't tried a whisky sour. Looked it up the other day though and realised I was drinking something very similar the other week when my Polish manager started suggesting everyone drink vodka with fresh lemon juice on a night out.  That was ace, so imagine I'd love a whisky sour.

Are you giving up on alcohol forever?

i dont drink much anyway. my hangovers are suicidal. but i guess its an excuse for my bad grammer

At his age, he should just be discovering alcohol

i discovered it about a year and a half ago. best discovery ever. if your not drinking that much

@YoungA

have you tried this yet?

md_bling.jpg

i dont like wine