aberdeen-music

The Real Booze Thread

ca_gere

My tastes are very girly. love wine, spirits and cider, hate beer and lager (0ther than a few beers with fruity tones like punk IPA). I currently have 5 types of rum, 3 types of vodka and 6 flavours of liquers, almost purely for making cocktails. My favourite thing to drink is still Sailor Jerry though. Also currently have about 15 litres of this strawberry cider I brewed for xmas left over. It's nice but I only really drink cider in pubs (as it's cheaper than drinking spirits!). Have a brewing kit for elderflower cider too which will be next up.

They have it on tap instead of in bottles. Helluva good beer.

That's where I was confused. They have it on tap but in supermarkets it has paper around the bottle. Wasn't sure if maybe the Moorings also sold it in bottles or Milner hasn't been there in so long they switched from bottles -> tap

I'm enjoying Galway Hooker a lot at the moment, fucking terrific pale ale. Also a Scottish ale called Vital Spark, which is a sort of dark red ale, not sure who makes it, gave me the boak to begin with but it grew on me. There's a lovely porter as well called Dark Arts by a brewery called Trouble Brewing. It's weird, very very sweet but tasty as all hell.

220px-Galway_Hooker_Beer.jpg

VitalSpark-FyneAles.jpg

DarkArts_Web.jpg

I'm extremely dense about whisky, I've never ever liked the stuff, but had a couple on News Years Eve and enjoyed them, this stuff called Black & White. I met a Scottish guy later and he was talking about whisky and I mentioned I liked that one and he laughed at me. Seemingly it is not a good whisky, he said he "wouldn't use it to wash his windows".

That Kriek stuff that was mentioned is the fucking sex.

Delerium Trements is gorgeous - discovered it in Belgium when it kicked the fucking shit out of me at something like ~9% a pint, me thinking it was the usual ~4%. They sell it in the Moorings, too. Amazing shit.

Innis and Gunn Blonde is a tipple of choice, too. Well, it was before I got on the wagon. I fucking hate the wagon. It's full of dickheads like JakeBassist.

xx

• Upvote 2