aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

SNES

You ever played Street Fighter 2 on a Megadrive? You have to press START to toggle between your buttons doing punches and doing kicks. A is light punch, B is medium punch, C is hard punch. How do you kick? Oh yeah, press fucking start so your buttons now do kicks.

The difference being the guys at Nintendo weren't clowns when it came to designing controllers. I would base my opinion of retro consoles on "Can I play Street Fighter 2 without getting SHORYUKEN'D 3 times whilst I switch from punches to kicks??". Megadrive says no.

The only thing that was better about Megadrive was the TV advert. It had Arnie in it. He sits down in a barbershop. He asks for "THE CYBER RAZOR CUT" and then he plays some fucking Megadrive with one hand. So badass. I'm about 60% kind-of-certain I didn't dream that advert.

Just re-reading this, I'm almost certain you did. I remember the advert but I'm pretty sure Arnie wasn't in it.

Have you ever played Heavy Rain? It was awesome. Very much instance based like the Walking Dead game.

I read about it. Do you not fight evil with light, or something? You shine a torch at them to hurt them? I'd rather have a gun, or skewer a zombie through the eye with a screwdriver.

I read about it. Do you not fight evil with light, or something? You shine a torch at them to hurt them? I'd rather have a gun, or skewer a zombie through the eye with a screwdriver.

What? It's about a series of murders. There's fisticuffs and dueling with pistols.

Chubby Rain? Is that not from a film........

What? No, it's based on neither.

Top 5:

ICO (best ever by miles)

ToeJam & Earl

G-Police

Baldur's Gate

Mutant League Football

Less sure about the top 10, something like:

one of the PES games, maybe 3

MediEvil

Tomb Raider II

Sensible Soccer

Gears or War

I think possibly Civ 4 should be in there, Vice City, Street Fighter II (which I didn't fully appreciate until more recently), maybe Doom, maybe Abe's Oddysee.

Regarding the moral-choices-affecting-the-outcome-games, I agree they tend to feel obvious and contrived. However there was an adventure game on the PS2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_Memories which had a load of different endings, happy and unhappy, based on subtle -maybe arbitrary- stuff in the way the player solved the puzzles. Loads of replay value in figuring out the different ways to complete the game and what to tweak in order to get a different ending.

I got the NHL 12 demo the other day. Fuck me, it's hard! So many button combinations to learn. It's great that there is so much variety to a sports sim as most are pretty formulaic. Tempted to get the full version. MLB 12 is also awesome.
Hold out and get NHL 13. It'll prob cost a little more obviously but you'd get up to date lines/rosters, more gameplay features etc and they wont cut off the online servers after a year. Yep, the cunts only let you play online for 2 years.

If you're on xbox live. I'll kick your ass. Unless youg et good. Then you can join our EASHL team, the Aberdeen Tatooligans (which I spelt wrong, LOL).

The thing about THPSHD is that activision have already announced the DLC for it (parks from THPS3 and adding the revert for those parks) which is dumb. They milked the franchise to death the first time around so you would think they would have learned their lesson! Obviously not....

I am still hesitant about the xbox version due to the d-pad. Let's see how the demo plays. I never actually played the original (just a demo as it came out when I was 10 and had to beg at birthdays for games!) so quite excited for it though.