aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

I have to leave this thread before I get angry. NES > Master System undoubtedly, but the Megadrive was superior to SNES in almost every way. Not only were the games way better, but it was black and shiny and looked cool as fuck and it had amazing controllers.

Hang on here, son, SNES had Mario Kart, the single best multiplayer driving game ever made, what did Megadrive have? Nothing i tell you, nothing at all.

SNES also had The Scope, tell me another consol that came with its own plastic bazooka??!!!!

You take your shinning black thing, thrown it in the air and ill blow it to bits with my SNES Scope, then we can both sit down and enjoy some Super Goal.

Hang on here, son, SNES had Mario Kart, the single best multiplayer driving game ever made, what did Megadrive have? Nothing i tell you, nothing at all.

SNES also had The Scope, tell me another consol that came with its own plastic bazooka??!!!!

You take your shinning black thing, thrown it in the air and ill blow it to bits with my SNES Scope, then we can both sit down and enjoy some Super Goal.

I'll just leave this here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menacer

md_menacer.JPG

"The Menacer is made up of three sections which can be disassembled. Rather than being connected to the console by a cable, the Menacer is wireless, communicating via an infrared receiver plugged in to one of the gamepad ports."

Oh, I'll just leave these too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streets_of_Rage_2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(1991_video_game)

SNES

You ever played Street Fighter 2 on a Megadrive? You have to press START to toggle between your buttons doing punches and doing kicks. A is light punch, B is medium punch, C is hard punch. How do you kick? Oh yeah, press fucking start so your buttons now do kicks.

The difference being the guys at Nintendo weren't clowns when it came to designing controllers. I would base my opinion of retro consoles on "Can I play Street Fighter 2 without getting SHORYUKEN'D 3 times whilst I switch from punches to kicks??". Megadrive says no.

The only thing that was better about Megadrive was the TV advert. It had Arnie in it. He sits down in a barbershop. He asks for "THE CYBER RAZOR CUT" and then he plays some fucking Megadrive with one hand. So badass. I'm about 60% kind-of-certain I didn't dream that advert.

• Upvote 1

SNES

You ever played Street Fighter 2 on a Megadrive? You have to press START to toggle between your buttons doing punches and doing kicks. A is light punch, B is medium punch, C is hard punch. How do you kick? Oh yeah, press fucking start so your buttons now do kicks.

The difference being the guys at Nintendo weren't clowns when it came to designing controllers. I would base my opinion of retro consoles on "Can I play Street Fighter 2 without getting SHORYUKEN'D 3 times whilst I switch from punches to kicks??". Megadrive says no.

The only thing that was better about Megadrive was the TV advert. It had Arnie in it. He sits down in a barbershop. He asks for "THE CYBER RAZOR CUT" and then he plays some fucking Megadrive with one hand. So badass. I'm about 60% kind-of-certain I didn't dream that advert.

Evidently you missed this nifty little piece of kit:

genesisb.jpg

All on the front as well. No wanking around with shitty shoulder buttons when trying to do a hard punch. And not in a stupid diamond shape with A and B the wrong way round.