aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

Hard one this,

-1 - Football Manager - Its above number 1, just because its the best thing ever made by anyone ever.

1 - Final Fantasy 7 - The ultimate game for me, best ever made.

2 - Zelda, Oricana of time - Amazing game for what it was.

3 - Halo 3 - Ahead of Halo 2 purely because of playing time and PitStop.

4 - Gears Of War 2 - One of my fav game series's made, but the second one has the best story line of them all, the bit with the guys wife still gets me.

5 - Bio Shock 1 - One of the most amazing looking games ever made.

6 - COD Black Opps - ZOMBIE ZOMBIE ZOMIBE and the old Famas.

7 - Mario Kart on the SNES - Even now i could play it all night and enjoy it as much as i ever did.

8 - F.E.A.R - One of the only games that has scared me to the point i had to turn it off and wait for someone to come home so i wasnt playing it on my own.

9 - Mario Party on the cube - Endless hours of fun when your drunk

10 - Golden Eye - Nuff said really

That was really really hard, and im missing out some classics, i could have made a top 30 easily.

8 - F.E.A.R - One of the only games that has scared me to the point i had to turn it off and wait for someone to come home so i wasnt playing it on my own.

This is how me and my pals felt about the original Silent Hill. That game was fucking terrifying, and we were only 10, or so, when we played it. The three of us always had to play it together, it was just way too scary to play alone.

All this talk about games being shite has made me think about good games.

What's everyone here's top ten favorite games of all time?

1. Fallout 3 (Xb0x 360)
  2. Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis (PC)
  3. Brothers In Arms : Earned In Blood (Xbox)
  4. Condemned (Xbox 360)
  5. The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind (Xbox)
  6. Command and Conquer Red Alert (PC)
  7. Bioshock (Xbox 360)
  8. Halo (Xbox 360)
  9. Unreal Tournament (PC)
  10. Grim Fandango (PC)

In no order:

SSX Tricky (PS2)

Grand Theft Auto Vice City (PS2) (The subsequent sequels are undoubtedly better games, but for the time it was a game-changer and I was totally hooked on it)

Project Gotham Racing (XBox)

Streets of Rage 2 (Megadrive)

Castlevania (NES)

Mario Kart (DS)

Goldeneye (N64)

Reservoir Dogs (PS2)

Sonic The Hedgehog (Megadrive)

Tony Hawks Underground (PS2) (though any of the Tony Hawk's games could have made this list from Pro Skater 2,3,4 through Underground, Underground 2 or American Wasteland, this one just sticks in my memory as having some really cool levels)

I missed out GTA games, purely because ive never really played the game as such, i more just rampage for hours on end, and i always found the game side of things quite boring. Tony Hawks 2 just missed out the list as well.

This is how me and my pals felt about the original Silent Hill. That game was fucking terrifying, and we were only 10, or so, when we played it. The three of us always had to play it together, it was just way too scary to play alone.

Is Silent Hill part of the Alone in the Dark series? Or am i getting completely mixed up? I got Alone in the dark for the xbox a while ago, one of the most frustrating games i have ever played in my life.

It'd be Pro Skater 2 I'd have to put in as it was the one which sucked me right into that game. The last one I played was total balls though.

xx

Project 8? Yeah that one was shite. The series took a huge step backwards with that. Which is why I stopped my list at Wasteland, which was awesome.

I missed out GTA games, purely because ive never really played the game as such, i more just rampage for hours on end, and i always found the game side of things quite boring. Tony Hawks 2 just missed out the list as well.

Is Silent Hill part of the Alone in the Dark series? Or am i getting completely mixed up? I got Alone in the dark for the xbox a while ago, one of the most frustrating games i have ever played in my life.

No, first in the Silent Hill series. The first two were great, but then it all got a bit shit. So, so, so scary.

Reservoir Dogs (PS2)

I always seen this in Game and always fancied a punt at it. I think I was put off by the fact that games of films are usually horrid, cheaply made affairs only made to milk the cash cow.

I really want to play Brothers in Arms: Earned in blood again. It will undoubtedly aged and it probably won't as good a I remember but the story! I was genuinely sad when it finished.

Anyone got any Zombie game recommendations? Not the biggest fan of CoD Zombies, I prefer more RPG-style Zombie games. Is Dead Island worth picking up? Anyone got a copy of Dead Rising they'll flog on for tuppence? They're around £5 on amazon but if the wife sees me buying more stuff she'll lose her shit!

Anyone know if Z-Day requires a particularly impressive computer to play it?

xx

I always seen this in Game and always fancied a punt at it. I think I was put off by the fact that games of films are usually horrid, cheaply made affairs only made to milk the cash cow.

I really want to play Brothers in Arms: Earned in blood again. It will undoubtedly aged and it probably won't as good a I remember but the story! I was genuinely sad when it finished.

It was a poor man's True Crime: Streets Of LA and I completed it in 3 sittings, it was fucking superb fun to play though.

Anyone got any Zombie game recommendations? Not the biggest fan of CoD Zombies, I prefer more RPG-style Zombie games. Is Dead Island worth picking up? Anyone got a copy of Dead Rising they'll flog on for tuppence? They're around £5 on amazon but if the wife sees me buying more stuff she'll lose her shit!

Anyone know if Z-Day requires a particularly impressive computer to play it?

xx

COD Zombies is the only one worth looking at :p

Seriously tho, zombie games are usually terrible after a while, good fun to begin with but they get so tedious. Even zombie on COD gets boring after a while.

I do wish i had gotten more into Silent hill/alone in the dark kinda games, but i always just got frustrated with them, the controls were always clunky and you would get stuck on bits of walls and signs.

I think Silent Hill was enhanced by the terrible gameplay!

• Upvote 1

The golden days of the survival horror genre are over though. Peeked during the PS2 life time. Anyone ever played Fatal Frame? Terrifying! I remember playing Cold Fear as well. It was ace too! I'm tempted to start a blog where I review old survival horror games on the PS2. I'll have to go amazon shopping on payday though!