aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

In a shop? If so, do tell! I'd pay that for it without thinking, full price put me off somewhat as not sure how much I'd play it.

Yeah, I sold it to him. Gamestation would have given me the same, but I'd prefer it went to an actual person. The value of the game second hand does decrease rapidly though, due to all this EA Online Pass stuff, though the shops are still selling it preowned for £38, and you have to buy an Online Pass on top of that. EA are a bit of a rip off at the moment. I resented paying £43 for a game that didn't feel that 'new'. It's a great game, but it just didn't feel like a new game. I hoped to get it from Lovefilm, but mine just never turned up. Boo-urns.

Your player on your team though has to rank up and gain XP so they can get good. When they start out, they're fucking pish and slow and cant take a hit worth a fuck. Its pretty bloody frustrating.

Yeha, it's the same with FIFA, though this year they made it even harder to level up online. Is it difficult to level up on NHL? I haven't gone online yet. I need to renew my Live at the end of the month before I get torn apart by total pros.

Played about 10 games now, I've probably scored about 3 goals in total. My passing and shooting accuracy is toss, but I'm decent at defending, I think. I also can't win faceoffs, ever. I did the drills and I win it every time there. I can also score tons of goals in practice mode against defenders, but in a real game, I'm proper shite.

I might have to revert to the NHL 94 controls until I get used to not being shit. It's a steep learning curve getting to grips with the right stick for the first time, as well as how difficult they've made it.

Just keep doing it. It gets a lot easier then next thing you know you're kicking the puck form your skate to your stick to get past defenders.

Levelling up is the same as it was in NHL 12, except now your player starts even lower (around 54 avg, you started at like 70 in NHL 12) so its a fucking pisser.

As for face offs, I do pretty much the same thing every time. Go backhand before the puck is dropped, then as he drops it, curl the right stick round to the front and then ping it back. I win like...45-55% playing online so it works for me. Theres guys that can do every move possible. But fuck them.

I'm currently having my second playthrough of Dishonored. It's pretty good. Story was pretty predictable and the game is pretty short. Maybe 4 hours worth if you do all the side missions. As is often the case with games that claim your choices affect the ending it seems there are only actually two. I'll report back when I've finished it a couple of times.

I'm really gutted I shot the dude with too poweful of a gun and didn't get all the monies at the end of RDR.

I never made it very far in RDR as I found it incredibly boring. Set up camp, fast travel to a mission, do a very repetitive mission that involves a bit of traveling, repeat.

I hope GTA 5 doesn't involve so much travelling. I suppose at least in GTA you can go fast in a car, have a spectacular crash and run people over on your way to your next incredibly repetitive mission. I have a serious gripe with Rockstar at the minute. Max Payne 3 was good. Make more games like that. Strong characters and a decent, well written plot. GTA 4's main story was about as beige as the colour of everything in GTA 4.

I never made it very far in RDR as I found it incredibly boring. Set up camp, fast travel to a mission, do a very repetitive mission that involves a bit of traveling, repeat.

I hope GTA 5 doesn't involve so much travelling. I suppose at least in GTA you can go fast in a car, have a spectacular crash and run people over on your way to your next incredibly repetitive mission. I have a serious gripe with Rockstar at the minute. Max Payne 3 was good. Make more games like that. Strong characters and a decent, well written plot. GTA 4's main story was about as beige as the colour of everything in GTA 4.

How far did you get? I thought the game was fantastic. Of course the travelling missions would take long, you're on a horse. But hell, it was a good game.

At least with GTA, you can get in a Taxi and skip the journey, so you're there in seconds. Or you can do the cheat to generate a chopper and fly there, then crash it into your destination. For fun.

The last GTA game and RDR both bored the piss out of me. The gameplay hasn't really changed since GTA3. Same clunky mechanics, same tedious travelling sections, same enforced girlfriend bollocks (GTA), some boring missions, same boring hand-to-hand combat. I think the sandbox genre needs a boot up the arse. It's not enough to give us this beautiful, open world to explore - I need more. I understand the narrative in RDR was praised, but honestly the game itself was so unenjoyable to play that I never finished it. Give me something new, motherfuckers, or I'll John Prescott your ass.

That said, I'll probably still buy GTA 5 like some kind of blind sheep.

The last GTA game and RDR both bored the piss out of me. The gameplay hasn't really changed since GTA3. Same clunky mechanics, same tedious travelling sections, same enforced girlfriend bollocks (GTA), some boring missions, same boring hand-to-hand combat. I think the sandbox genre needs a boot up the arse. It's not enough to give us this beautiful, open world to explore - I need more. I understand the narrative in RDR was praised, but honestly the game itself was so unenjoyable to play that I never finished it. Give me something new, motherfuckers, or I'll John Prescott your ass.

That said, I'll probably still buy GTA 5 like some kind of blind sheep.

I agree, though I really liked GTA4, but I never got into RDR. Too much horse riding through nothing. Saying that's it's quite fun online, just staying in a small area and blasting folk to bits, but the story seemed to totally drag.

LA Noire was a total snoozefest. Cosmetically it looked slick, but such a dull game. I played it for 4 hours and absolutely nothing happened, so I traded it in.

I just exclusively play sports games now. I was tempted by Sleeping Dogs though, as I've heard good things. Anyone played it?

I can finally score goals on NHL now. It took some getting used to. I've reverted to the classic controls though, so I can use either the stick or X/B for wrist/slapshots. A button bash is much easier for one timers from faceoffs and such, and wagging the right stick to deke and than blasting it is much more effective for one on ones and shootouts. It's good having both options rather than just one or the other.

I injure at least one CPU player per game. It's mint smashing some cunt into the glass and watching them hobble down the tunnel.

I have no idea what I'm doing in GM mode other than WINNING GAMES. I have no idea what most of the terminology means. Trade block? Draft pick? I need a goalie because Howard is toss. How do I get a better one?

• 2 weeks later...