aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

Anyone played Assassin's Creed 3? Apparently it is quite slow moving for the first 4-5 hours, which is a nightmare for me these days if I'm going to get into something.

I'm about 3 hours in, it's pretty slow but it's decent. Different mechanics to the last ones and I'm not really sure what the story is about but it's fun enough.

I completed it 2 days ago (main storyline) and am now on the side missions. One tip is that you should complete all side missions before you complete the story, because if you don't, some of them disappear on completion of the story and you cant achieve full synchronisation and get all the weapons etc.

Also - the ending is nuts.

The first 6-odd hours are spent playing as Connors father, then young Connor, then present day.

Eventually you do get to massacre Redcoats with a Tomahawk though.

Ace game, superb graphics, mental story and the game play is awesome (although some missions are a little tedious).

Storyline is spread out over 30 years and it's just a fucking huge game. I hope there's another.

Also, bought Limbo, Amnesia and Dead Rising 2 in the Halloween sales.

Ain't played Amnesia yet.

Limbo was truly sublime. No nonsense, dark and morbid puzzle solving. Excellent wee story, awesome puzzles, looks great. Amazing. Still can't tell if I truly love the ending or actually despised it. Need to play it again.

Dead Rising 2 is fucking shit. Everything about it screams bad game design. A sandbox game that has fucking time limits on EVERYTHING. Ugh. Okay, so you can make some interesting weapons. Care, as they break pretty quickly. Dialogue isn't even audio apart from when its a cutscene. There's far too many fucking cutscenes. The "safe house is unnecessarily far away and gets so incredibly boring I really can't be arsed playing it again. The save system is fucking stupid. And before I discovered any of this...the game crashed on startup after downloading from steam. Verifying game cache did nothing. Eventually found out I had to change the DirectX initial setup and change my sound settings. Once I finally got it started, had to go through the Games for Windows live kerfuffle, which is a pain in the fucking arse.

Fucking hell I hate that game.

Skyrim.

Loving it, but it took a shile to get into. Big problem I have with this type of game is that when I run into a random cave or side mission, I have no idea if I'm supposed to be able to kill the motherfuckers I encounter or if I should backtrack and level up first. This means I either backtrack too readily and forget about quests that I could nail with some time and perseverance, or it means I bang my again against a wall trying to bring down a couple of giants who keep fucking me mercilessly.

xx

Skyrim.

Loving it, but it took a shile to get into. Big problem I have with this type of game is that when I run into a random cave or side mission, I have no idea if I'm supposed to be able to kill the motherfuckers I encounter or if I should backtrack and level up first. This means I either backtrack too readily and forget about quests that I could nail with some time and perseverance, or it means I bang my again against a wall trying to bring down a couple of giants who keep fucking me mercilessly.

xx

Here's a hint you probably already know but might not about giants:

They're one of the very few enemies in Skyrim that remain consistently at the same level (32) no matter what your level is. So if you're bumbling around at level 10, leave them the fuck alone. If you're about level 40-50 they're a piece of piss.

Here's a hint you probably already know but might not about giants:

They're one of the very few enemies in Skyrim that remain consistently at the same level (32) no matter what your level is. So if you're bumbling around at level 10, leave them the fuck alone. If you're about level 40-50 they're a piece of piss.

I had absolutely no idea that was the case, thank you. So for the most part, enemies are gonna be suited to my level (around 10)? I did think that fucking a dragon up was annoyingly easy, actually.

xx

I had absolutely no idea that was the case, thank you. So for the most part, enemies are gonna be suited to my level (around 10)? I did think that fucking a dragon up was annoyingly easy, actually.

xx

They are indeedy. I think dragons are usually an exception. I learned somewhere that the green-skinned ones are easier than (say) the white-skinned ones, and the "Dragons" are easier than the "Elder Dragons" and so on. I think they also get easier as you move up levels, but you encounter the more difficult varieties more often when you do.

Edit: I think "somewhere" was a pause screen.

They are indeedy. I think dragons are usually an exception. I learned somewhere that the green-skinned ones are easier than (say) the white-skinned ones, and the "Dragons" are easier than the "Elder Dragons" and so on. I think they also get easier as you move up levels, but you encounter the more difficult varieties more often when you do.

Edit: I think "somewhere" was a pause screen.

Just read an article on enemy levelling. Giants and Mammoths stay static, dungeons are usually locked in a "difficulty range" so some are aimed at level 1-10 and some at 20-30. Cool. Gonna try to find a map of different caves 'n' shit by difficulty rating etc.

This is why sandbox games can fuck me right off.

xx

Just read an article on enemy levelling. Giants and Mammoths stay static, dungeons are usually locked in a "difficulty range" so some are aimed at level 1-10 and some at 20-30. Cool. Gonna try to find a map of different caves 'n' shit by difficulty rating etc.

This is why sandbox games can fuck me right off.

xx

Dude, if you think that's hard, go to the Shrine of Azura, find Azura's star and then try and complete that quest. It's completely fucking nails and took me FOREVER to get it done.

Fucking Daedra.

I might annoy the missus and go on a massive Skyrim bender tonight.

Dude, if you think that's hard, go to the Shrine of Azura, find Azura's star and then try and complete that quest. It's completely fucking nails and took me FOREVER to get it done.

Fucking Daedra.

Cunt of quest. Do you remember the final thieves guild quest in oblivion? it was a nightmare!

Fucking Daedra.

The daedra quests are all pretty hard. Really good to be able to do them though, some of them really hard to work out how to even begun them though.