aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

I definitely preferred New Vegas over Fallout 3. It was a bug-ridden mess on launch but a lot of the issues have been patched now on the PC version with reduced loading times. Quite a few of the guys from Black Isle (original creators of Fallout/Fallout 2) work for Obsidian and were involved in New Vegas so a lot of the plot/factions follow the first games a lot more and Van Buren which was supposed to be Fallout 3 before Interplay went bust.

Fallout 3 had a bit too many subway stations and sewers for my liking and I found myself bored a lot of the time. New Vegas is definitely worth a proper playthrough. If you check out the wiki you will see just how massive the game is, with tons of possibilities and outcomes for each objective or mission depending on the skills you go with. There's also an ammo creation system so you can break down ammo you don't need and make them into bullets for the guns you have.

I think it might be. IGN didn't really have much details on it but this looks a lot better than I thought. Worth a punt?

I don't have a PS3 but it sounds pretty interesting.

• Upvote 1

That XCOM game has a serious flaw. 2nd copy of the game is now coming up with Disc Unreadable at irregular intervals. Unplayable pish.

Off to swap it for something that actually works.

I have no problems with playing Xcom bought and downloaded through Steam. Great game.

The "spiderman goalies" in NHL 13 are starting to iss me off. If I break for a 2-on-0 or even a 2-on-1 breakaway I should at least score on 75% of cross crease one timers. Right now I score about 10% of them. And it's fucking me off.

Kicked the fucking Stormcloacks cunt in at Whiterun last night. Rebellious nord bitches.

• Upvote 1

I'm somewhat torn on the Imperial/Rebel issue. As much as the PUNX in me wants to say FUCK THE SYSTEM and join the stormcloaks, that Ulfric cunt is a racist, hitlerish little shitrag... So I'll probably join the Imperials.

xx

This! I was all like "fuck the Empire!" but really I am more aligned with them, particularly on the topic of religion. I still enjoyed chopping off General Tallius' head. I want to kill Ulfric now too; he's a total vag.

The "spiderman goalies" in NHL 13 are starting to iss me off. If I break for a 2-on-0 or even a 2-on-1 breakaway I should at least score on 75% of cross crease one timers. Right now I score about 10% of them. And it's fucking me off.

I've found the best way to combat this is: Always have Datsyuk on the ice. Score every goal. He's just ludicrous. He doesn't miss. Not so much with the slap, but his snipes are mental. Scored one over the weekend with a backhand not even facing goal, in off the crossbar. It gave me a total boner.

I'm shit at one-timers though. My timing is all wrong. I keep winding up too early and missing the puck. Total fails.

You been on the EA forums about this game? Everyone seems to totally hate it. You'd think EA were the incarnate of all evil from what they were saying. I think it's pretty great, but I haven't played an NHL game in a good few years.

It he new system changed it so much from NHL 12. And the goalies are overpowered. I expect NHL 14 is going to be amazing once they iron it out though.

I got home from work at half 6 and played Skyrim till 1. I had very little gold left, around 850, so joined the Thieves Guild. I now have 11k gold. C.R.E.A.M

I haven't even done the first "main" thieves guild mission yet. Just the extra jobs from Delvin and Vex. Just keep doing them and while you're doing them, steal EVERYTHING of any value you can on the jobs, as the guilds trader woman will buy most things and she has 1000 gold every day or so. So you can sell her heaps. Obviously I've also been spending a lot of gold, so I could have had more than 11k.

I haven't even done the first "main" thieves guild mission yet. Just the extra jobs from Delvin and Vex. Just keep doing them and while you're doing them, steal EVERYTHING of any value you can on the jobs, as the guilds trader woman will buy most things and she has 1000 gold every day or so. So you can sell her heaps. Obviously I've also been spending a lot of gold, so I could have had more than 11k.

Are you actually finding stuff to buy with the gold? I ended up with about 450k with nothing I needed from a shop apart from spell books.

Are you actually finding stuff to buy with the gold? I ended up with about 450k with nothing I needed from a shop apart from spell books.

That always happens in these kinds of games. With Skyrim as you level up you find better stuff in chests and things so eventually you have heaps of money with literally nothing to spend it on. Frustrating.