aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Shame he's a cunt faced bell end.

Looks like the Cesc situation will be sorted out soon. The Catalan press are trying to pretend they don't care anymore and that Thiago is the greatest player in the world now.

I really hope he goes looks like Mata is coming in to replace him which would be awesome. As apparantly Mata's release clause was only about 17.5 million quid. Mental.

Arsenal just need to get the finger out and get a center half!

Spanish release clauses always seem to be outrageously high or strangely low. 17.5m for Mata would be a banging bit of business. Arsenal need to let Fabregas go and move on. They're a big enough club that they'll always attract and develop players. They really don't need to go to such an effort to keep a player who wants to leave. From the outside looking in, Fergie and Utd handled the Ronaldo / Madrid situation much better.

I don't think they really need to replace Fabregas. Ramsey and Wilshere both look set up for good futures, and Nasri looks better in the Fab position than when he plays out wide.

They need some full backs. Gibbs is made of glass, he won't string together more than 3 games. They need some muscle in the midfield too. Someone hard, who can also be captain, to boss around Arsenal starting 11 built exclusively of 5ft8 whippets. Scott Parker maybe.

What happened to Chamakh? Is he ever going to play again? He looks top in the first half of the season, then dropped to the bench, and disappeared forever.

There's something fishy going on in FourFourTwo's best players in the world list. Check out no.4

Hotlist | Overall: All players | Talentspotter

Check out the 'shooting' ratings. Hotlist | Overall : Shooting | Talentspotter Kevin Kyle apparently the best in the world....

Seems to happen to loads of strikers. Hit the ground running then completely lose it.

Remember when Mutu first signed for Chelsea he was the absolute man for the first couple of months that season. Obviously consistency must be difficult when you're playing with a coke come down though.

Mutu is a nutjob. If testing positive once and being ordered to pay 15m was not enough, he tested positive again last year. It was bizarre it was an anti obesity drug after his coke antics though. Maybe a similar weight loss thing like Kolo Toure's?

He threw away his talent though and looks like he will be broke for the rest of his life (unless he actually wins an appeal, even after losing 3 so far) . He could have went far as well, great finisher with either foot.

I don't think they really need to replace Fabregas. Ramsey and Wilshere both look set up for good futures, and Nasri looks better in the Fab position than when he plays out wide.

They need some full backs. Gibbs is made of glass, he won't string together more than 3 games. They need some muscle in the midfield too. Someone hard, who can also be captain, to boss around Arsenal starting 11 built exclusively of 5ft8 whippets. Scott Parker maybe.

What happened to Chamakh? Is he ever going to play again? He looks top in the first half of the season, then dropped to the bench, and disappeared forever.

Chamahk should be back, he's been playing in the pre season and should be well and truly rested by the start.

I don't know how the loss of his snood will effect him though. Possibly badly.

I agree that Ramsay and Wilshere look ready to step up but I think adding Mata can only be good he looked pure class. I quite like Song still in the def mid role I think if they get a strong center back he can captain the team and do the bossing. Try and become a Tony Adams type character.

Gervinho looked great in his pre season debut. 2 goals in 25minutes, one was a peach set up by Wilshere.

They should go for Samba over Jagielka, I reckon. Samba is massive, and proper good. No idea how he's been overlooked for so long. You wouldn't mess with him either. He's built like a bastard.

I like Song, but he seems quite immobile sometimes, and generally a bit lazy. I expect a DM to be legging it around, closing down and getting stuck in, like De Jong does, or like Hargreaves will probably never do again.

I also can't stand whatever the fuck it is he keeps doing with his hair. Looks like a chump.

Mata is good, but I've not been as impressed with him in the middle as when he plays outwide. He's got serious tekkers. Makes full backs look silly. His arrival would surely spell the end for Arshavin, perhaps? What a strange acquisition he was. Some incredible performances, padded out with a whole load of crap. Don't think he makes the right decisions out wide. They should play him as a nippy poacher, like Hernandez.

Doesn't matter though. They could buy Messi, and they'll still self destruct in March.

If Scotland can't qualify from the group, god help us.

Seen a few people say this, but don't agree at all.

Scotland lack the consistency to be able to pull off top spot in any possible group, so with that in mind I wasn't too bothered who our Top Seed team would be - my logic being that the harder the Pot 1 team was, the more likely they are to get an almost clean-sweep, leaving a straight battle for 2nd. Croatia will be odds on favourite to top the group, but they'll still drop points to our rivals, potentially giving them a crucial leg up in the race for second.

Serbia the hardest in Pot 2 after France. Belgium we'll be very lucky to take a home win and an away draw from imo. Macedonia one of the toughest in their pots and Wales almost certainly the toughest in theirs, plus the British derby factor levels the playing fields somewhat which would suit them more than us.

I'm not entirely pessimistic, it could have been considerably tougher, but I don't think this is the easy group people (albeit only my facebook friends and people on other forums! - yet to see what the 'experts' are saying) make out.

It's a group that is balanced enough to give us some hope of qualifying, but too hard for us to actually do it. Agonising already. I predict another glorious failure for Scotland, narrowly missing out in third. That, or finishing as the worst 2nd place team. :swearing:

Still though, it's all about opinions and these games are a long, long way away. I really fucking hope we do it, especially as it's probably going to be the last decent destination for a World Cup (from a fan's perspective) until I'm in my 40s!

:popcorn:

• Upvote 2

Seen a few people say this, but don't agree at all.

Scotland lack the consistency to be able to pull off top spot in any possible group, so with that in mind I wasn't too bothered who our Top Seed team would be - my logic being that the harder the Pot 1 team was, the more likely they are to get an almost clean-sweep, leaving a straight battle for 2nd. Croatia will be odds on favourite to top the group, but they'll still drop points to our rivals, potentially giving them a crucial leg up in the race for second.

Serbia the hardest in Pot 2 after France. Belgium we'll be very lucky to take a home win and an away draw from imo. Macedonia one of the toughest in their pots and Wales almost certainly the toughest in theirs, plus the British derby factor levels the playing fields somewhat which would suit them more than us.

I'm not entirely pessimistic, it could have been considerably tougher, but I don't think this is the easy group people (albeit only my facebook friends and people on other forums! - yet to see what the 'experts' are saying) make out.

It's a group that is balanced enough to give us some hope of qualifying, but too hard for us to actually do it. Agonising already. I predict another glorious failure for Scotland, narrowly missing out in third. That, or finishing as the worst 2nd place team. :swearing:

Still though, it's all about opinions and these games are a long, long way away. I really fucking hope we do it, especially as it's probably going to be the last decent destination for a World Cup (from a fan's perspective) until I'm in my 40s!

:popcorn:

This is a really good post.

Almost everyone has been commenting that it's not a bad draw; and sure, it could be worse; but it's still a very tough group. Belgium will be particularly difficult to overcome, I feel, as they have a lot of seriously good young players making big waves just now. I feel some people's general ignorance regarding the likes of the Croatians and Serbians is swaying people's expectations, but they are good teams; they're just less glamorous than some of the central European nations who have more perceived 'stars'. These are very good teams we're addressing, and I think Scotland's best chance of qualification will probably be through a play-off, if that scenario is a possibility.

Wales will also be two very tough games. At full strength they are, man-for-man, at a similar level of ability to Scotland. Gareth Bale up against Alan Hutton is a battle I'd be interested to witness. I really like both players, and the fact they both represent the same club might add another dimension to the tussle.

Tough group all in all, but I do think Scotland have some players at their disposal who can cause some damage and help produce some good results, so I am hopeful Scotland can progress. It's still very much in their own hands - despite my concerns expressed above, I do think Scotland are capable of beating each of those teams once; especially at Hampden.

Regardless of anything, I think the group has the makings of a really exciting and entertaining one.

With regards to the Aberdeen game, although by all accounts Aberdeen were poor, I think it's quite important to recognise that St Mirren have actually assembled a pretty useful side over the summer. I can see them finishing in the top six this season, and probably being on an approximate par with clubs like Aberdeen, Hibernian, Motherwell and Inverness. Aberdeen's resources were stretched, and St Mirren were essentially at full strength, so defeat was almost inevitable. It's a pity the performance was so weak; but perhaps St Mirren were just really good.

Off to Tynecastle this afternoon to watch us take on the budget huns. I'm quietly hoping that it might be a cracker, but I'm not massively optimistic about coming away with a result.

Unless the Hearts Circus Of Comedy Announcements Regarding The Mafia TM kicks off again, in which case anything is possible.

How come rasellick have a friendly today instead of a spl match?

My moneys on serbia to win the qualifying group.

And yeah, normal service has resumed down pittodrie way. At least there's no false hope this season, unlike last season when we got off to a stormer before it all went tits up.