aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I've always been bitter towards the Old Firm, in particular Rangers. However, I wasn't glad to see them exit the competition last night due to their unsporting and pugnacious antics - I am glad because they just simply are not strong enough to be in the group stages of the Champions League. There are so many flaws in the current Rangers team, and they're just not good enough to be competing at that level and reaping the rewards and benefits that are associated with it.

The only small issue I have with them exiting the competition already is that they will now be exonerated from further hilarious embarrassment at the hands of supposedly "inferior" opposition. I fucking love seeing Rangers get shat on in Europe. Love it.

Anyone who argues "But they are representing the whole of Scotland - you should lend them your support" should just fuck right off.

Glasgow Rangers Football Club do not represent Scottish football in any way. They represent misguided right-wing politics and the lowest common denominator.

Fuck you, Rangers. You are not "The People".

Who do you hate more Rangers or John O Shea? :p

It's Soda Jerk who hates John O'Shea.

I actually rate John O'Shea.

So, Rangers is my unequivocal answer.

He's right. I can't fucking stand the guy. His first touch rebounds away like his feet are made of flubber.

Saying that, I reckon he'll be a right good signing for Sunderland. He should be captain, and also play up front with Gyan

I remember the Spanish basket ball team did a similar thing a few years ago to outrage in Britain. Must not be a big deal in other countries. It doesn't make them bad people.

Decent result for the new Hearts manager tonight. Vindicated Vlad.

There is at least four players here who i think could do a job at Newcastle, maybe not starting eleven but certainly squad players, i will be pissed off if we don't get in at least a couple of these.

I am guessing you meant to post the list of free agents?

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list

Some I definitely agree about, Shocked Hitzlsperger doesn't have a club, injured a lot but played well at the end of last season. Bent and Upson may be worth taking a punt on too. Giles Barnes ain't bad either Pascal Chimbonda and John Carew also available on a free. No doubt they have high wage demands though hence why they're not snapped up.

The BBC claim a lot of reason people are finding a club is because PL clubs have to name a squad of 25 players. I'm surprised the Old Firm aren't all over all the free transfers list even if the wages may be above what they would normally pay. Some good players though who would be possible starting XI.

Whoops that was the link, forgot to post it in my anger.

You will like this Newcastle eye Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan | Mail Online

Obertan and Bebe have looked poor whenever I have seen them. Not especially pacy, tricky or good at crossing. The complete winger then.

The perils of team photos -> David Edwards, Christophe Berra and Adlene Guedioura 'photoshopped' into Wolves team photo | Metro.co.uk

You will like this Newcastle eye Manchester United winger Gabriel Obertan | Mail Online

Obertan and Bebe have looked poor whenever I have seen them. Not especially pacy, tricky or good at crossing. The complete winger then.

The perils of team photos -> David Edwards, Christophe Berra and Adlene Guedioura 'photoshopped' into Wolves team photo | Metro.co.uk

Thanks mate...:down::swearing:

Newcastle linked with Tranquillo Barnetta today. Would be an excellent signing for them.

Link says a muscle injury could 'scupper' a move, but if it's a three-week injury it's likely to be a strain and that in turn is unlikely to impact greatly on a medical.

Injury to deny Barnetta | Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Speculation

Weird, this is what i have read "Barnett-no

Following reports in Thursday's morning papers that Newcastle would look to complete the signing of Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Tranquilo Barnetta, the player's representative has ridiculed their current offer:

Barry McIntosh told Sky Sports:

"As it stands there is not a hope in hell that he will be going to Newcastle. In fact I am angry at their attempts to do it, and behind my back also.

"They have made an approach, but their offer equates to somewhere in the region of 40,000-a-week - which is just ridiculous.

"Why on earth would Tranquilo move to Newcastle for less money? No offence to Newcastle, he would possibly consider going to Arsenal, Liverpool even Tottenham for less - but not Newcastle.

"They have known all along, what it would take to land Barnetta and what he is earning now, and this sort of offer really does border on ridiculous."

It does says in the article you linked Adam about confusion over agents, i think the guy who i quoted is claiming he is his British agent?

Weird. I never understand why there is confusion over who represents whom. A sensible player surely gets one agent who they trust to conduct all their business for them, no?

I've done a fair bit of reading into football agents of late and for some reason a fuckload of them seem to be Scottish. Barry McIntosh? Sounds Scottish to me. Not that it makes a difference.

Weird. I never understand why there is confusion over who represents whom. A sensible player surely gets one agent who they trust to conduct all their business for them, no?

I've done a fair bit of reading into football agents of late and for some reason a fuckload of them seem to be Scottish. Barry McIntosh? Sounds Scottish to me. Not that it makes a difference.

I think its a case of when moving country some players will use agents from that country because of their knowlage and experience of working with clubs from said country,

And yes Willie Mckay is the single biggest cunt in football, well second maybe to Kyle Lafferty.