aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

oh yeah dont get me wrong im a huge fan of his, but i think for the 30-35m quoted they could replace him, maybe not a carbon copy of him obviously but a player that could be as effective.

Your right at well city are on another planet, NO other team can afford to do what they are doing. They will have Tevez replaced before he leaves, and even if they have to keep him it wont make a jot of a difference to them.

I still laugh at Carrol for 35m and David Villa for 20m, who is the better value there?

Guest Gladstone

I predict Rangers spending more money than they can afford this summer.

Lee Wallace is good, but shelling out 1.5m on a player they could have for free in a year seems a bit daft to me.

What's Rangers financial position like now? Did the guy wipe the 30m odd debts they had?

i think the guy wiped out the debt, its a strange one, as you say they could have signed him for free next year, and its not a position i thought the huns were short on. Also when they wouldnt pay over 400k for Millar or wouldnt pay the going rate for Godwillie, why they are now dropping the cash confuses me.

I predict Rangers spending more money than they can afford this summer.

Lee Wallace is good, but shelling out 1.5m on a player they could have for free in a year seems a bit daft to me.

What's Rangers financial position like now? Did the guy wipe the 30m odd debts they had?

i think the guy wiped out the debt, its a strange one, as you say they could have signed him for free next year, and its not a position i thought the huns were short on. Also when they wouldnt pay over 400k for Millar or wouldnt pay the going rate for Godwillie, why they are now dropping the cash confuses me.

He's wiped the debt. Wallace has signed a 5 year deal so if he becomes a 'sensation' then the sell on price will probably be half decent.

As far as I can tell he's a left-back and only Papac has been occupying that position. There's been no competition for Papac in a couple of years.

Also, Goodwillie's legal issues are still outstanding. This is probably the main reason Whyte wasn't stumping up the money.

Alejandro Bedoya has signed a pre-contract for January too. Don't know anything about him, but apparently he had a relatively good Gold Cup for the US.

Surely the legal problems didnt matter before they were considering buying him full stop, i wouldnt have thought if they would have wasted their time full stop if that was an issue.

Papac has been one of your top players for years tho, one of the most consistant rangers players, it just seems a bit odd to spend that much on a player with only a year left on his contract. Wallace is a good player tho, hopefully he gets the chance to develop especially for scotland, we havent had a decent left back for a while now.

oh yeah dont get me wrong im a huge fan of his, but i think for the 30-35m quoted they could replace him, maybe not a carbon copy of him obviously but a player that could be as effective.

Your right at well city are on another planet, NO other team can afford to do what they are doing. They will have Tevez replaced before he leaves, and even if they have to keep him it wont make a jot of a difference to them.

I still laugh at Carrol for 35m and David Villa for 20m, who is the better value there?

David Villa was 40million Euros, so probably about the same price. Carroll has more years left in him, though he always seems to be injured. I'd still rather pay that for Villa.

Surely the legal problems didnt matter before they were considering buying him full stop, i wouldnt have thought if they would have wasted their time full stop if that was an issue.

Papac has been one of your top players for years tho, one of the most consistant rangers players, it just seems a bit odd to spend that much on a player with only a year left on his contract. Wallace is a good player tho, hopefully he gets the chance to develop especially for scotland, we havent had a decent left back for a while now.

I can't remember exactly but there was possible only 1 charge when the initial rumblings happened but now there's more than that and it seems to be taking a while to sort out.

Yeah, I really rate Papac, but he only signed a one year extension so Wallace may be viewed as the long term replacement.

Come on united 3-1 up!, sounds like a cracking game, good to see a scottish team not getting pummeled in the first round of Europe.

I spent the night watching a stream of the game. Was a cracker with what sounded like a good atmosphere with lots of away fans. Shame for United because they played well. classically Scottish exit as I predicted.

I am somewhat pleased that Yinited have been papped out. Fuck the co-efficient; that just helps the OF teams. The sooner they start failing to make the CL group stages, the quicker the gap between them and us diddy teams narrows.

Aberdeen are the only Scottish team I support in Europe these days.

I dare say he doesn't know much about anything.

Enjoyed the Dons game last night. Mawene and Gonzales look like great signings, couldn't really judge Osborne, good to have Foster back, the young guys coming through look good - particularly Robertson - and Pawlett looks like he's going to tear the SPL apart if Villarreal don't put in a bid for him before the window shuts :D

All this English pish and big money 'will he? won't he?' transfer speculation doesn't interest me. Money, money, money. The SPL is where it's at. Godspeed Saturday! Starting line up for St. Johnstone game?

My thoughts exactly!!!!