aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

There are some really good players in the Belgium squad: Belgium national football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I believe a lot of their players in the Eredivisie are really good, and they have a fair few in the Premier League. Kompany is a beast and the Vermaelenator is the king of football. Obviously Serbia and Croatia are going to be tough too, but I think all three teams (Belgium, Croatia and Serbia) are of a similar standard despite being spread across three different pots. It's going to be tough, but I think our boys can do it. We've got a couple of young lads (Bannan, Hanley, Goodwillie) who could be really good players in a couple of seasons too. I hope they are.

Serbia's squad is immense too. Krasic, Stankovic, Kolarov, Vidic, Ivanovic, Tosic, Ljajic, Subotic. Genuine top class strength in every department. They are all fucking massive too, except for Tosic, but he's got mad pace. They seem to struggle as a unit though, but hopefully they'll have it together by the time the WC qualifiers come around. They are trailing behind Slovenia in their Euros group at the moment, though they do have a game in hand.

I've got mad love for Serbia, especially Stankovic. What a man. If Jack Wilshere doesn't conquer the world single handedly with his annoying cunty face, I hope Serbia win it all.

I could see our group becoming very tight with several of the teams being in the running with the final game or two to go. I can't see anyone running away with the group so should be an interesting one to watch. I'm going to be optimistic and say we'll be in the running for second but each team represents a tricky match rather than anything being considered a write off or an easy three points.

There are some really good players in the Belgium squad: Belgium national football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I believe a lot of their players in the Eredivisie are really good, and they have a fair few in the Premier League. Kompany is a beast and the Vermaelenator is the king of football. Obviously Serbia and Croatia are going to be tough too, but I think all three teams (Belgium, Croatia and Serbia) are of a similar standard despite being spread across three different pots. It's going to be tough, but I think our boys can do it. We've got a couple of young lads (Bannan, Hanley, Goodwillie) who could be really good players in a couple of seasons too. I hope they are.

Romelu Lukaku is going to take a giant shit on Scotland.

Eden Hazard, Alex Witsel and Steven Defour are all superb footballers from what I've seen, too.

For me, Belgium are perhaps going to win this group.

Romelu Lukaku is going to take a giant shit on Scotland.

Eden Hazard, Alex Witsel and Steven Defour are all superb footballers from what I've seen, too.

For me, Belgium are perhaps going to win this group.

Yep...they're all about an age where they're about to make their mark on football. If Belgium have the right coach they could easily win the group (especially given Croatia are a nation in football terms in decline IMO).

I was following Barton's Twitter yesterday and thought he was trying to talk himself into trouble. Comes across as a typical egotist who isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is. Fud of the highest order. He'll be playing for Rangers within three years.

Had the 'Jeffries or McMoist - who will be sacked first?' convo with Shaki and Adam EW last week. I thought JJ would go, but McMoist won't last until May 2012

I was following Barton's Twitter yesterday and thought he was trying to talk himself into trouble. Comes across as a typical egotist who isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is. Fud of the highest order. He'll be playing for Rangers within three years.

Oh god yeah, his twitter is incredible. He went on an amazing 'make love not war' rant the other day.

Twitter is great for reminding you how clueless these guys are. I'm glad it wasn't around when I was wee. Would've shattered the image I had of my footballing idols.