aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I'm really enjoying the tevez transfer saga at the moment. Not only is he not getting sold but the club are buying his replacement and moving on regardless. Awesome flex of muscle by city, they just dont give a fuck. If he doesnt report for training he'll presumably get fined too. Absolutely deserved. It's strangely refreshing to see the club have the power rather than the player.

Aye, really good keeper. Is Langfield out indefinitely, or is it more for when Gonzalez returns to City?

I think Langfield will struggle to get back into the team. I suspect he'll never fully recover from that illness.

Jason Brown will be a good signing!

A left back/left winger and striker and the Dons should be pretty solid.

I love the way Craig Brown goes about his business. No blabbing to the papers unlike previous managers. Gets the job done without any fuss.

I think Langfield will struggle to get back into the team. I suspect he'll never fully recover from that illness.

Jason Brown will be a good signing!

A left back/left winger and striker and the Dons should be pretty solid.

I love the way Craig Brown goes about his business. No blabbing to the papers unlike previous managers. Gets the job done without any fuss.

Yeah im beginning to get the same impression, you dont sign two international keepers only for them both to play back up to a non international, i couldnt see either of the keepers we have signed even considering playing back up to our club.

What about Lee Millar coming back? I keep reading that rumor online.

Lee Miller is not what we need right now. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great player and was gutted when he left, but we have Vernon to now play the big, less-mobile striker role.

And Vernon is actually good at the role and even scores goals.

Lee Miller is not what we need right now. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great player and was gutted when he left, but we have Vernon to now play the big, less-mobile striker role.

Need a nippy, creative attacker. Will be someone on loan from a Premier League team I imagine.

Apparently Brown has offered Aluko one last chance as he hasn't found a club yet.... that would sort the winger out.

He is also apparently watching a striker this weekend and will make a bid for him next week if he impresses again.

I'd be happy if we brought in 2 more. Would have decent depth in the squad. A few of the youngsters look to have come on in leaps and bounds too!

I've not heard any rumours about him leaving from the Middlesbrough side of things. He's been getting a run out in our recent pre-season matches so it looks like he'll be sticking around with us for now.

I hope he gets his chance at Boro to be honest, he was a good player for us for the best part, and at the end of it all it was a fantastic deal for the dons. He did ok at Scunthorpe didnt he?

I'd like to see them give Aluko one more chance, on his day he is unstoppable, if anyone can drag his form back surely it would be Brown.

It's amazing how this time every year somehow the Dons make me feel genuinely optimistic. I don't even have to pretend we're going to win the league. It's just completely obvious.

The blind optimism of a dons fan, i love it, although i must say i am very excited about this season, its almost a completely new team, something we have needed for 5 years now. So glad to see the back of Diamond!!!!

I hope he gets his chance at Boro to be honest, he was a good player for us for the best part, and at the end of it all it was a fantastic deal for the dons. He did ok at Scunthorpe didnt he?

I'd like to see them give Aluko one more chance, on his day he is unstoppable, if anyone can drag his form back surely it would be Brown.

Not sure how his overall play was for Scunthorpe, I never saw any of their games, but he scored 1 goal in 17 games. He's probably 4th in line behind Lita, McDonald and Emnes at the moment but there's a good chance that Emnes'll be off to Swansea before the start of the season so he'll probably get more time on the pitch than he did before we shipped him off on loan.

Not sure how his overall play was for Scunthorpe, I never saw any of their games, but he scored 1 goal in 17 games. He's probably 4th in line behind Lita, McDonald and Emnes at the moment but there's a good chance that Emnes'll be off to Swansea before the start of the season so he'll probably get more time on the pitch than he did before we shipped him off on loan.

I thought Mowbary just wanted shot of him altogether. 1 goal in 17 isnt really that great a return eh!!

You guys must be hoping Thompson can stay fit for more than 2/3 games this season, he could be a huge player for you. Do you think you have the team to challenge for promotion this season?

Just getting set for my trip through to Dundee for the Wroclaw game tonight. Nervous doesn't cover it...

Only 1-0 and at home. By the sounds of it you missed a few chances over there so I think you've a decent chance although you are a provincial Scottish team playing in Europe in modern times so you'll probably fuck it up with a 2-1 win. Is it sold out?

Aluko probably doesn't have a choice if he wants to play football this season. I don't dig the 'you don't want to play for us so fuck off' attitude. By the sounds of it he wanted to move closer to home in the Midlands for family reasons. I'm not bothered if he resigns or not to be honest. Peter Pawlett is the best player in the SPL and can play anywhere.

I'm really enjoying the tevez transfer saga at the moment. Not only is he not getting sold but the club are buying his replacement and moving on regardless. Awesome flex of muscle by city, they just dont give a fuck. If he doesnt report for training he'll presumably get fined too. Absolutely deserved. It's strangely refreshing to see the club have the power rather than the player.

They are going about things the right way for certain. But it's very easy for them to override player power when they have a bottomless pit of money to replace him. Other clubs have to do what they can to keep hold of stars, because they won't be as easy to replace for them, where as City could lodge a realistic and affordable bid for any player on the planet.

On the flipside, if Spurs lose Modric, they will definitely struggle to replace him with an equal amount of quality, so all they can do is beg that he stays, or yet again take a couple of seasons to rebuild and nurture someone to his standard.

Miller can fuck off. Vernon is one of the best strikers we've had in a long time. Big, strong, aggressive, scores goals and actually tries as hard as he can in every game he plays. Seems like a genuine guy.

I'd quite like Aluko to stay, tbh. Good player. Would cover the problem on the left flank.

The thing is when does it hurt a team like spurs more, when the highly paid player is not trying his best and has wishes of leaving, or when he leaves altogether? I get that teams dont want to be screwed out of their best players, but what good is it going to do Spurs keeping a hold of Modric when he has publicly said he wants to leave, and by all accounts has not looked settled in pre-season training, surely taking in 30m now would be the better option, Modric is good, but not irreplaceable.

I agree that its in Spurs best interests to let him leave, as he won't play with the same kind of heart I imagine, but if they sell, I doubt they could replace him with the money they get. I think they'd have to spend a bit more to get a player of his calibre in again, since the midfield seems to revolve around him. He's not the best in the world, but he is very good, especially for their system.

What I'm saying is that it's much easier for City to not have to put up with that crap from a player, because they can just tell tevez to fuck off and go bid 3 billion quid + Jo for David Villa, or whatever.

No other team really has that sort of power. Not even United when they lost Ronaldo. Fergie would have been stupid to bid on anyone so soon after that, when clubs knew he had money to burn. He would have been hung out to dry. Luckily he's a smart cookie, and held off spending big for a while. Antonio Valencia at a cool 16million was shrewd. If he'd have gone for David Villa like the papers were suggesting at the time, I bet he'd have gotten rinsed on the market. Just like Liverpool did when they bought Andy Carroll, knowing they had Torres money in their pocket.