aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Ah, different place to the last time I was over then! Where is the nib Stadium?

Sadly there has been no atmosphere at Dons games for about 3 seasons now.... heartbreaking. :(

It's in Northbridge: http://g.co/maps/5ayvd It calls it the "Perth Oval" on Google Maps so maybe it was a cricket ground at one stage!

The stadium that's there at the moment is pretty much all scaffolding anyway, it makes New Caledonian look like the Nou Camp.

I hope Bilbao win it. It's strange how they don't seem as dominant in La Liga. They are doing well in 6th, but with the way they play, I reckon they'd give any team in the Premier League a stuffing, yet they are patchy domestically.

Their early season form was pretty poor as the players adapted to Bielsa's instructions and even since then they've been inconsistent. Their style of play is so intense that is seems they just can't pull it off every game but do it well when they are really up for it in the big games. Perfect for doing well in the cups really. Hopefully they can still push on and get 4th place as well.

He's done plenty of good. My dislike of him utterly relentless though. Even scoring winners against Liverpool didn't take him off my shitlist, because I don't like change. Same goes for Danny Welbeck. I wrongfully judged him as a skinny 17 year old. He's a million percent better at football now, but I've already laid down the marker, so he'll forever be shit.

The Irish football season is a few weeks old now. I live two minutes walk from the stunning 4300-seat Dalymount Park, home of Bohemians, aka The "Bohs". My girlfriend's family are all Bohs, so I've had to adopt them as my Irish team. Bohs have got off to a rough start, bottom of the league with 1 point from 5 games, and got cuffed 2-0 by fierce rivals Shamrock Rovers in the Dublin derby at the weekend. I'm going along this weekend to pop my League Of Ireland cherry and watch Bohemians v Cork City.

Go Bohs!

5682023344_d2e875d3ff.jpg

Is that Killian Brennan? Is he even still at Bohemians? He was a cracking a little winger a couple of seasons back...

It's a shame Newcastle didn't really have an attack to speak about since he went in goal. They should have been taking shots from the halfway line, or anywhere!

They've got one in Milos Krasic, but it seems like Conte just flat out doesn't like him. Great winger, who can drift inwards and create. Can score a few goals too. Hasn't really had a chance this season though. Shame.

I dunno, Krasic is pretty dung. Fantastic for his first four months, absolutely hopeless ever since. He's regularly derided by the Juve fans and I'd expect him to leave this summer. On the other side they have Mirko Vucinic, who is sublime one moment and terrible the next. What they really need is James Perch, who is a 10/10 player wherever he plays.

I don't think it was. He seems to look up at goal and he absolutely smashes it. You can't smash a cross like that. If Welbeck or Rooney gets their head on that, then it's a concussion. Valencia is mint, but sometimes he loses his patience and takes ridiculous laces-pelters at goal from silly angles. Luckily for him, this one went in. I don't blame Robinson for not saving it. He probably saw it coming and moved his hand out of the way. Stinger.

Ashley Young's goal was wonderful too.

Also... David Silva has 5 goals and 12 assists in 29 PL games. Valencia has 4 goals and 12 assists in 20 games. Better.

I don't think it was. He seems to look up at goal and he absolutely smashes it. You can't smash a cross like that. If Welbeck or Rooney gets their head on that, then it's a concussion. Valencia is mint, but sometimes he loses his patience and takes ridiculous laces-pelters at goal from silly angles. Luckily for him, this one went in. I don't blame Robinson for not saving it. He probably saw it coming and moved his hand out of the way. Stinger.

Ashley Young's goal was wonderful too.

Also... David Silva has 5 goals and 12 assists in 29 PL games. Valencia has 4 goals and 12 assists in 20 games. Better.

In the post match interview he said it was 50/50 whatever that means. Find it strange he can barely speak any English after being here for so long! Not that it matters when you can smash the ball like that.

I really thought United were going to slip up there last night, but i can see that win being the platform for the rest of the year, that was a huge win in context with the other results at the weekend.