aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

That said, he's still the joint highest assister with Valencia, but he's been too easily overrun in midfield. If United are to play an experienced bod in the middle, it should be Scholes. Giggs should still play on the left in my opinion. he's still quite quick for a 38 year old and has great control, but he's never been the kind of player to always keep his head up, looking all around.

Valencia is incredible. United fans didn't take to him straight away (and some still haven't) because United fans are stupid and he doesn't do "tricks" or score enough goals, according to the balloons who post on the United forums. There are folk on there who slag him off because he sometimes passes the ball back to Rafael (or whoever's playing at RB) instead of tricking his way past the defenders. Slagging a player off for ball retention... Mental. Some people shouldn't be allowed to watch football.

Mental. Clearly he is one of Uniteds most important players, the amount of chances he creates for that team is incredible. Not every good winger has to be full of tricks. I'd argue Valencia is one of the top top wingers out there right now, especially in terms of effectiveness. I've read some of the United forums before, mental, im sure i remember reading a thread where someone said Fergie should be sacked before he destroys the club.........sums it up really.

That said, he's still the joint highest assister with Valencia, but he's been too easily overrun in midfield. If United are to play an experienced bod in the middle, it should be Scholes. Giggs should still play on the left in my opinion. he's still quite quick for a 38 year old and has great control, but he's never been the kind of player to always keep his head up, looking all around.

Totally agree with that. Scholes spraying balls across the park and Giggs doing what he does, showing good control, beating people and playing balls in, whilst still being a shooting threat. Giggs cannot do what Scoles does in the centre of the park.

Mental. Clearly he is one of Uniteds most important players, the amount of chances he creates for that team is incredible. Not every good winger has to be full of tricks. I'd argue Valencia is one of the top top wingers out there right now, especially in terms of effectiveness. I've read some of the United forums before, mental, im sure i remember reading a thread where someone said Fergie should be sacked before he destroys the club.........sums it up really.

It's car crash stuff. I just have to look, but it makes me want to bang my head against a wall. Every other week Fergie needs to be sacked, and Rooney/Valencia/Nani/Hernandez/the whole squad are not good enough. I'm pretty sure the average age of most of the posters on them is about 12.

Jesus! Just read on twitter that Petrov who was a worry for Villa after developing a bad fever during the Arsenal game has been diagnosed with Leukemia. That's so sad, he's one of the success stories in the EPL for Old firm players who have really made it down there.

Aston Villa captain Stiliyan Petrov has leukaemia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17566188

Aston Villa captain Stiliyan Petrov has been diagnosed with acute leukaemia, the West Midlands club have announced.

The condition was diagnosed following tests after the Bulgaria international, 32, developed a fever following Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Arsenal .

"We expect to learn more about the situation in due course," Villa said.

"Stiliyan is cherished by many and he will get from Villa every ounce of love and support that we have to help bring this to a positive conclusion."

A club statement added: "During this time we ask that Stiliyan's privacy is placed ahead of all inquiries and trust that we will share information as we receive it."