aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I was psychically sick all over my pants when my correct score of 2-1 to Wigan netted me a cool £200 (£5 on). That £200 could be spent buying Liverpool a player who isn't pure shite and/or racist. But I am going halfies on a KKK outfit with the money instead, my pal Luis really wants one.

'Done, lad!

Had to chuckle at the excuses of the Dalglish, the man is a fool and the scousers will soon begin to lose patience (or more patience) if they keep dropping points to premier league fodder at home. He has spent 100 million yet all he has in his favour is winning a cup the proper big teams couldn't give a stuff about. There is no excuse getting beat at home to a side bottom of the league who mustered just four league wins all season!

Guest Gladstone

Giggs is looking at him, thinking "yeah yeah you little cunt, I've heard it all before from little shits like Jonathan Greening and his mates - you'll be playing in the Championship by the time you're 19..."

Also this... I can't find a good snap of it actually, but it came about after Rafael Benitez made a hand gesture on the sidelines after Liverpool went 2-0 up against Blackburn. He was waving his hands from side to side as if to say "That's it. Game over. Easy" and alot of people were up in arms about it. United then essentially won the title at the then-JJB Stadium through a Michael Carrick Goal. Pat Evra sprinted from the half way line, lept about 5 feet in the air, replicating the same hand gesture, because he's a right little cunt and he knows it.

article-0-04ED7AF6000005DC-970_468x371.jpg

Kenny blames injuries and tiredness for today's result. What is wrong with him? They've hardly played that many more games than other teams, especially the actual top clubs who have been in Europe etc.

I read yesterday that if the EPL season had started on 1st January Liverpool would be bottom of the league. I don't know if that's true, but I like the stat.

I read yesterday that if the EPL season had started on 1st January Liverpool would be bottom of the league. I don't know if that's true, but I like the stat.

Yeah, on this site, from Soda Jerk? That's what happens when you ignore everyone else, Ryan!

Arsenal fan(s) - I forgot which one you are, Captain America maybe? Anyway - when Mertesacker is fit will be he get back into the team or is the Koscielny/Vermaelen partnership your best at centre half?

I don't think he gets right back in the team. Koscielny has been mighty this season and Vermaelen is a top CB in the EPL when he's not injured. Saying that with the two left backs at Arsenal seemingly made out of paper (Gibbs/Santos) i'd be tempted to play all 3 and slide Vermaelen to left back for some games.

I still like Mertersacker though, I know he's been done for pace a few times this season but that was to be expected. He's still been really solid and is no nonsense when under pressure which has been good for Arsenal.

I don't think he gets right back in the team. Koscielny has been mighty this season and Vermaelen is a top CB in the EPL when he's not injured. Saying that with the two left backs at Arsenal seemingly made out of paper (Gibbs/Santos) i'd be tempted to play all 3 and slide Vermaelen to left back for some games.

I still like Mertersacker though, I know he's been done for pace a few times this season but that was to be expected. He's still been really solid and is no nonsense when under pressure which has been good for Arsenal.

I ask because I agree about Koscielny - think he's been oustanding this season when I've seen him play, surprisingly so. Also surprised at how shit Mertesacker has looked, although granted that may be down to selective highlights - I honestly thought he was a great buy.

I ask because I agree about Koscielny - think he's been oustanding this season when I've seen him play, surprisingly so. Also surprised at how shit Mertesacker has looked, although granted that may be down to selective highlights - I honestly thought he was a great buy.

Yeah there are a few times he's been done this season but like I say he was solid in a defence that was changing every single game. They just couldn't keep the same players fit in consecutive games. I still think he is good it should be a very strong 3 center back rotation means Djorou is surplus to requirements.

Could do with a another player that can play in multiple positions in defence. I've heard Vertognhen is able to play RB/LB and CB so that would be great as Sagna is the only real RB in the squad (plus the afore mentioned Gibbs/Santos paper issue).