aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Fucking Sunderland. Squandered a 2 goal lead at bleedin' Wastelands. A draw is alright though. United will hopefully go 5 points clear on Monday. City are doing what Arsenal seem to do in March. Bottlers. Bottlers shouldn't win the league, no matter how good their tippy-tappy football was earlier in the season.

Bad news about Petrov, one of the games good guys and a fantastic professional, saw the applause on MOTD and it left a lump in me throat.

Man City are imploding but I think Blackburn might get something against Man U Monday night but if Sir Alex's chaps win I reckon the title race is almost over.

Much better performance from Cambridge United yesterday against 2nd in the league Wrexham who we made look very ordinary, shame we were scuppered by a 95th undeserved equalizer but being stuck safely in mid table its not like we're desperate for the points. So nice to see us passing the ball around crisply and creating numerous chances, shame we couldnt get the deserved insurance of that vital 2nd goal.

Also to cap a good day I briefly met United manager Jez George and he's a top bloke!

Reina thought Perch tripped him up, so he got right in his face. Perch pretended he was headbutted and went down. Reina got sent off, and now Jose Enrique is in goal for Liverpool. Headbutt or not, Reina's red is still right. You can't get all aggro at someone for that. I don't even think Perch intentionally tripped him. Reina is just a little fanny.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, all three subs were used. Terrible from Reina. Perch was a bit of a cunt to go down like that, but they showed the replay a few times. I don't really think Perch stuck his foot out to trip Reina. Reina gathers the ball and bursts past him to distribute the ball quickly, but seems to clip Perch on the foot as he's also retreating. Awful reaction to the innocent trip, but awful from Perch to feign that he'd been struck like that. They both probably should have been sent off really.

What's also great is, that if Liverpool keep imploding, they could finish as low was 12th-14th. It's also great that Everton are above Liverpool, and are also playing really well, and I reckon they will finish the season above them. Would be great to Liverpool slip out of the top 10.

Inter vs Genoa just finished 5-4. Mental. Inter were 3-0 up. Then it's 3-2 and Julio Cesar (inter keeper) gets sent off and concedes a penalty. Then 4-2. Then 4-3, 5-3, then Genoa have a stoppage time penalty to make it 5-4, but couldn't dig out an equaliser. Crazy.

9 goals. 2 red cards. 4 penalties. FOOTBALL!

Serie A is better than it's been for years. This season has been mint.