aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Yeah, it's the bogey ground. Going into that game, United had only won at Ewood twice in 11 seasons. Now it's 3 in 12. Still not a great record, and it looked like it was going to be the 3rd draw in a row.

It's crazy Valencia can't speak much English. he's been at United for 3 seasons now, and was at Wigan for 3 years too. I suppose he doesn't need to be able to say much if he's just going to bomb down the right and welly the ball into the box.

oh well my season has disintegrated into nothingness so tonight's match at relegation threatened Lincoln City holds little meaning for us but will listen in to the commentary anyways.

Reckon that title is on its way to Fergie's chaps yet again after last night, enough is enough let someone else have a crack!

Am I the only person that has a weird gut feeling that Chelsea will win the Champions League? I have a feeling that I am...

You are not. I said it to Soda Jerk last night after the match finished. I'd be fine with them winning the champions league while finishing 6th in the premier league.

Really thought AC Milan were in with a shout last night. Not to be. Don't know why I find Barca so boring and I can't decide whether it's just because all other teams are crap or they are just amazing.

Messi is of course the best thing to happen to football in years/possibly ever but nowadays I don't even bother watching Barca games and i'm not sure why. Liquid football should be like crack to me.

Chelsea for the champs league! Purely to inject some interest into what has been a pretty boring season (Bundesliga/eredivisie aside).

Read that this morning. Really cleared things up for me to know that the major problem that the SPL is suffering just now, which makes it less appealing to outside investors, is that the ten non OF teams don't like being being over and shafted. Here was me thinking that it was the fact that one of the OF teams was on the bring of financial collapse and is facing allegations of cheating its way to titles for ten years.

• Upvote 1

Sadly the other clubs let it get to this stage in search of the big bucks, i hope all 10 teams decide to pull out unless something changes, i would be willing to go through years of us having a shit league in order for change to happen, the years of the SPL being only about the old firm have killed any interest in scottish football outwith 4 or so games a year, something has to change, otherwise the only teams getting anything above 5k a week through the door will be rangers and celtic and every other club will go to the wall eventually.

Really thought AC Milan were in with a shout last night. Not to be. Don't know why I find Barca so boring and I can't decide whether it's just because all other teams are crap or they are just amazing.

Messi is of course the best thing to happen to football in years/possibly ever but nowadays I don't even bother watching Barca games and i'm not sure why. Liquid football should be like crack to me.

Chelsea for the champs league! Purely to inject some interest into what has been a pretty boring season (Bundesliga/eredivisie aside).

I agree about Barca. Great technical football, but I prefer to watch grit and power over telepathic passing. Pep is an incredible coach, and his tactics are almost unstoppable. Messi and Xavi are just incredible, but I just don't feel anything watching them. I also pure hate Alves, Valdes, Biscuits and Mascherano way too much to find them likeable.

I think it's been a pretty gripping season though. The two big dogs of English football getting humbled in Europe. Twice. Spurs rampaging forwards and crumbling, despite almost being considered title contenders. Arsenal crumbling and then rampaging. The fall of Chelsea. Newcastle being AWESOME! City running away with it and stumbling. United starting well, faltering, and crawling back a 5 point deficit and turning it into a 5 point lead. LIVERPOOLOLOLOL. Swansea and Norwich playing great football. The ultra tight relegation scrap. Steve Kean getting everyone to STFU like a boss. Pretty great Premier League season so far, in my opinion.

Serie A is better than its been for many years too, I reckon. Milan and Juventus are much more well balanced than they've been for a while, and with the right summer acquisitions, they could compete in Europe next term.

FOOTBALL!