aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

What a load of pish this is from Viera, Morrison was never going to make the grade at united because he is a complete nutter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2118040/Patrick-Vieira-Paul-Scholes-return-showed-Manchester-United-weakness.html

What a tit. It wasn't even a case of United pleading "Please come back Scholesy, our midfield is mince and we need you". It was a case of Scholes saying "Coaching is shit. I've still got the legs. Can I play?". He's been pivotal since he came back. The lad has still got it. Morrison had no chance. He's a lunatic and he wanted £35k a week based on his two Carling Cup appearances. Now Pogba wants to leave because his agent has convinced him to. If he signs for Juve, his agent pockets a cool £2million, compared to the much, much lower figure if he stays at United. Agents are tossers. Speaking of which, Antonio Valencia has sacked his agent, because he wants to stay at United forever. What a baller. I love him so much I'm going to buy him a Valentines card next year.

• Upvote 1

I thought Pogba had now signed a new deal with United?

Your right Morrison was never breaking the first team, and he was never getting £35k a week at united, has he even played for West Ham yet?

Sky Sports and the Guardian reported he had, with no quotes from anyone. Nothing official has been announced in over a week since that announcement. There's no smoke without fire, and Fergie wouldn't use a player who is on his way out, like he's doing with Berbatov, which is also annoying. Last years top scorer is now this years nobody. Mental.

Sky Sports and the Guardian reported he had, with no quotes from anyone. Nothing official has been announced in over a week since that announcement. There's no smoke without fire, and Fergie wouldn't use a player who is on his way out, like he's doing with Berbatov, which is also annoying. Last years top scorer is now this years nobody. Mental.

He's still your 3rd to scorer in the Premier League even though he's only played like 3 games or something.

From what i had read he has signed based on the fact he was promised first team chances, could be wrong tho, but i dont think he would be playing if he had signed a pre-contract with Juve or if he was definitely leaving. The Berb is a weird one, but understandable at the same time. He never has quite fitted in at United, yes he had a fucking ace season last, but the fans were never overly happy with him, and there were always rumours of problems. I do think it sucks that United have pretty much said we will make him sign a new contract then sell him in the summer so we dont lose him on a free.

Well, it was a clause in his contract which United could trigger without consent. I think it was a bit of security for the club considering he cost £30million, and they are definitely going to let him leave, rather than keep hold of him and let him rot. I'm sure Berbatov won't be too fussed as I imagine he'll recieve a certain percentage of however much he costs. Ronaldo signed a huge contract even though he was resigned to leaving for Real to ensure United got loads of money for him. It's a similar situation.

Berbatov has been a gent throughout the whole thing though, coming out and saying that he feels guilty to be earning so much money but not getting chance to play. He's never moaned though. Top bloke

• Upvote 1

Yeah, he just saves all the complaining for on the pitch when someone has the nerve to pass the ball to him into space and not to feet. Don't make Dimitar run, or you get bollocked.

I like him though. he's an artist with the ball at his feet. A real touch of Zidane about him, but more gentlemanly. I'd like to see him player a deeper role, and not be relied on as a goal-getting striker. He'd still chip in with goals, but he'd be knocking those wonderful passes and flicks around all day too. He rarely ever gets tackled due to his magnetic touch.

Yeah, he just saves all the complaining for on the pitch when someone has the nerve to pass the ball to him into space and not to feet. Don't make Dimitar run, or you get bollocked.

I like him though. he's an artist with the ball at his feet. A real touch of Zidane about him, but more gentlemanly. I'd like to see him player a deeper role, and not be relied on as a goal-getting striker. He'd still chip in with goals, but he'd be knocking those wonderful passes and flicks around all day too. He rarely ever gets tackled due to his magnetic touch.

That's not a bad idea actually although I can't see him mucking out in midfield. He'd be mainly stood just above the D and used solely for deft flicks onto a charging striker. It's so hard to fit him into a team despite the fact he's one of the most gifted natural footballers in the league. I can't think of another player that's like him in the sense that he's too good to leave out but just can't fit in.

Confession: Lionel Messi bores the hell out of me. He's obviously the best player in the world (and perhaps of all-time) and his new Barca record is such a remarkable achievement, but I find it impossible to care about him. I barely even enjoy watching him play these days. It might have something to do with the fact that nobody seems to have anything interesting to say about him at all, or it could just be the complete "omgomg messigasm is so gud" overload in the press whenever he does something amazing. Messi is great, I get it. I just don't give a shit. I'd honestly rather read about Swindon Town than another boring Messi column.

we been joking on the terraces at The Abbey Stadium if this Messi chap is that good let's see him take on some tinpot stragglers we have to face week in week out such as Bath City, Tamworth or Hayes & Yeading all on his own... bastard thing he he would probably beat the fuckers 15-0....

Am playing the old-fashioned game of avoiding the Premier League scores before watching Match Of The Day later!